The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Hawks Moves 2019-2020

I figured with 2018 behind us and the 2018-2019 season being over, it'd be a good time to start a 2019-2020 thread. 

• Like 3

OTH, this thread is a good idea; a new season is upon us so a new thread would be appropriate.

Something I've wondered is who will be the candidates to replace Kahun. Didn't he play with Toews a fair amount of the time? Though he wasn't a major player, he did get 13 g's and 24 a's last season. 

I'm going to assume he won't get replaced by Sikura.

• Like 2

AcesandEights said on 5 minutes ago:

OTH, this thread is a good idea; a new season is upon us so a new thread would be appropriate.

Something I've wondered is who will be the candidates to replace Kahun. Didn't he play with Toews a fair amount of the time? Though he wasn't a major player, he did get 13 g's and 24 a's last season. 

Kahun also had really good chemistry with Debrincat. I think they are looking at Kubalik to play a similar game? I think Kahun was underrated a bit and the Pens are really going to like what he brings. 

Saad or Shaw can be in the top six as well, but most teams go with two legit top sixers on a line and a third player who can complement them as a way to spread the offence. I still see Strome as a gamble personally until he puts another decent season together, but if they have Toews-Kane-Cat-Strome as their top six foundation (cycle other wingers like Caguila, Kubalik, Sikura,Perlini or whoever has a little bit of offensive talent) and free up Saad and Shaw for 3rd line, we can roll out some pretty strong forward lines. Or cycle those two in when the top 6 needs a boost.

I know I have rose coloured glasses, but this forward group feels like they can compete.

• Like 1

Ccolin said on 24 minutes ago:

Kahun also had really good chemistry with Debrincat. I think they are looking at Kubalik to play a similar game? I think Kahun was underrated a bit and the Pens are really going to like what he brings. 

Saad or Shaw can be in the top six as well, but most teams go with two legit top sixers on a line and a third player who can complement them as a way to spread the offence. I still see Strome as a gamble personally until he puts another decent season together, but if they have Toews-Kane-Cat-Strome as their top six foundation (cycle other wingers like Caguila, Kubalik, Sikura,Perlini or whoever has a little bit of offensive talent) and free up Saad and Shaw for 3rd line, we can roll out some pretty strong forward lines. Or cycle those two in when the top 6 needs a boost.

I know I have rose coloured glasses, but this forward group feels like they can compete.

I had wondered if Kubalik might be a good candidate though it does remain to be seen. I know Stan expects him to be in the NHL. He's on a one year contract so he can't afford to be a Euro version of Dylan Sikura. I watched a video of him scoring some goals; one thing he does have is a very good shot, although we all know it takes more than that to succeed.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2019/5/19/18632074/chicago-blackhawks-czech-republic-prospect-dominik-kubalik-sign-contract-terms-nhl-2019-worlds

Edited by AcesandEights
  • Like 1

Was there better GT than Lehner. 

Bob is only defenedly better. 

Mrazek and Varlamov are as good. 

Talbot, Korpisalo and McElhinney are close enough when they are at their best. 

From these Bob is too expensive. Korpisalo was RFA. Varlamov signed too long. Mrazek is close in cap wise. 

Talbot lost his confident in Edmonton. 

McElhinney would have been better signing but Lightning is closer to SC. 

AcesandEights said on 3 hours ago:

My thoughts exactly, 2018-19 is over so it seems strange to keep posting in there, time to move on and forget that season, well most of it. Debrincat cracking 40 goals, Strome almost a point a game since being traded and Toews and Kane having career years are some nice highlights.

As for Kahuns replacement, I hope and doubt it'll be Sikura, Kubalik or Saarela could fill his spot and they're bigger but like mentioned above Saad or Shaw could fill his spot. Or maybe Dach has a great camp and plays on the wing on the top6.

I'm sure there will be more moves but the current forward group looks much better...on paper. 

As for the goaltending, it's much better than 2yrs ago, now the Hawks have depth and two starters. Crow, Lehner, Lankinen, Delia, Gravel, Peeters, and Basse is a good mix of goalies. Namilov will need to fight for a spot if he wants to play in North America or Stan can move him.

Maata isn't a popular trade but it didn't cost much and he's still young and big, de Haan is a solid dman and both guys were 1st round picks so they'll add much needed depth and experience. 

Now there's depth at every position and with JC starting training camp they should be back in the playoffs if everyone is on the same page and they play as a team.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Like 2

I don't understand why or more so how everyone can be so down on Matta. At 24 years old he may be the best defender on the team. That is unless you hate stay at home defenders that hit block shots and stand up for their goal tender. Yes he's been injury riddle but maybe it's because of the effort he puts forth.

Carpenter did anyone even know who he was without looking up his stats. The Hawks couldn't win face offs or keep the puck out of their own net last season. He's also a right hand shot which is difficult to come by in the league so really I don't think at the grand ole price of a million a season anyone here is getting ripped off.

I'm not a Stan fan I think he paid to much for Lehner but if Corey goes down for the season he'll be a genius. I'd like to see him do more like move a bad contract or two but so far so good. Oh and if the Joker can't crack the top six defense on THIS team still. Then maybe he needs more time in the AHL this isn't Atom hockey where everyone gets the same playing time. As well as everyone getting a medal because we don't want to hurt anyone's feeling.

• Like 1

Ccolin said on 3 hours ago:

I don’t disagree with you here. But the drop off in talent between the forwards most competitive teams use to fill out their top 6 versus the Hawks as you have projected is steep. None of Caggulia, Perlini, or Sikura come close to being legit top 6 guys on contending teams and Kubalik remains an unknown. 

Who knows, perhaps 1-2 of these guys makes the jump, or Kubalik proves worthy. But it isn’t more than wait and see at this point because it could also go the other way as well. 

The forwards on paper look like they have the potential to be competitive. But strangely enough, at the same time they also look like a hodge-podge of players with no specific slots / roles other than 4-6 guys. 

Toews, Kane, Strome and Dcat clearly make out your top 4. AA and Carpenter are most like centers #3 and #4. But after that, it’s a whole bunch of who knows. 

Edited by rinkrat21

doogie_w said on 8 minutes ago:

I don't understand why or more so how everyone can be so down on Matta. At 24 years old he may be the best defender on the team. That is unless you hate stay at home defenders that hit block shots and stand up for their goal tender. Yes he's been injury riddle but maybe it's because of the effort he puts forth.

Carpenter did anyone even know who he was without looking up his stats. The Hawks couldn't win face offs or keep the puck out of their own net last season. He's also a right hand shot which is difficult to come by in the league so really I don't think at the grand ole price of a million a season anyone here is getting ripped off.

I'm not a Stan fan I think he paid to much for Lehner but if Corey goes down for the season he'll be a genius. I'd like to see him do more like move a bad contract or two but so far so good. Oh and if the Joker can't crack the top six defense on THIS team still. Then maybe he needs more time in the AHL this isn't Atom hockey where everyone gets the same playing time. As well as everyone getting a medal because we don't want to hurt anyone's feeling.

With Mattaa, there are just legitimate concerns. First off, all the injuries may have taken a toll on him to where he’s simply isn’t the guy he was just a few season ago. Odd to say about a kid who is only 24, but it might be true. Secondly, even before the injuries, he is one of the slowest Dmen in the league. 

Im not sure if you watched game 1 of the Isle-Pens series, but Maattaa was clearly overmatched. He couldn’t handle the speed or physicality of the Isle forecheck and made some really bad turnovers, one which lead to an important goal late in the game. After game 1 he was relegated to the press box as a healthy scratch and even though his team proceeded to lose the next 3 games on their way to getting swept, their coach didn’t have enough confidence to ever put him back into the lineup. 

When the Pens won back to back Cups not long ago, Mattaa was a stud for them. But it appears at least for now that his injuries have caused a significant drop off in his play. For 4mil a year, it just seems like a risky move for a guy with his injury history and most recent NHL performance when it mattered most. 

• Like 1

It'd be nice to have six top6 forwards but when has a team and 6 legit top6 forwards in the Cap era? If there was it was only because some kids stepped up but once their ELC was over they got paid so their team made room for them or they were traded. No way a team can afford six top6 guys unless they don't pay for good defenders or goalies. 

I don't mind 2 legit top6 forwards on the top 2 lines with a top9 forward on their wings. Caggiula, Kahun, and Perlini aren't top6 forwards but they were good enough to play with guys that are. 

• Like 1

As one example, the Knights have a legit set of top 6 forwards, with a decent D and a solid goalie. Im sure there are other teams around the league in the same situation but I’m not gonna bother looking up everyone’s depth charts lol. 

• Like 1

doogie_w said on 1 hour ago:

I agree with you concerning Maatta.  The guy has been getting the "Rodney Dangerfield Treatment" since the trade.

He's got a couple of Cups in his pocket. He's "stay at home" which is what the Hawks need. He also has some legit talent.

Not sure Hockey's Future is still active, but it was once, and I thought it was a pretty good site for young player evaluations:

8.5 out of 10 rating was what they gave guys like Patrick Kane.  Calvin De Haan received a 7.5.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/olli_maatta/

Edited by GigECJ
  • Like 1

rinkrat21 said on 32 minutes ago:

As one example, the Knights have a legit set of top 6 forwards, with a decent D and a solid goalie. Im sure there are other teams around the league in the same situation but I’m not gonna bother looking up everyone’s depth charts lol. 

Rat,

Just curious, your "location" under your avatar is Chicago, but you've made mention about having been to most of the Knights games.  Is Vegas your residence?

GigECJ said on 47 minutes ago:

Rat,

Just curious, your "location" under your avatar is Chicago, but you've made mention about having been to most of the Knights games.  Is Vegas your residence?

Yeah I moved to Vegas almost 3 years ago. Was part time at first but full time now. That is why I reference the Knights as often as I do, because I follow them closely now as well and have seen a majority of their games thru their first 2 seasons. 

I havent “been” to most of their games, I gave up on the whole season ticket thing a few years ago back in Chicago. I would say I’ve been to 3-5 games each of the first two seasons and watch the rest on TV.

A close friend of mine out here has season tickets on the glass in one of the corners and he takes me to every Hawks game when they are in town which is a nice bonus :)

Edited by rinkrat21

rinkrat21 said on 1 hour ago:

I don’t disagree with you here. But the drop off in talent between the forwards most competitive teams use to fill out their top 6 versus the Hawks as you have projected is steep. None of Caggulia, Perlini, or Sikura come close to being legit top 6 guys on contending teams and Kubalik remains an unknown. 

Who knows, perhaps 1-2 of these guys makes the jump, or Kubalik proves worthy. But it isn’t more than wait and see at this point because it could also go the other way as well. 

The forwards on paper look like they have the potential to be competitive. But strangely enough, at the same time they also look like a hodge-podge of players with no specific slots / roles other than 4-6 guys. 

Toews, Kane, Strome and Dcat clearly make out your top 4. AA and Carpenter are most like centers #3 and #4. But after that, it’s a whole bunch of who knows. 

Is there really that much of a difference in top 6 forwards between this team and “most competitive teams?”

JT, Kane, D-cat, Strome, Saad round out a really competitive 5 out of 6, IMO.

I would like to see one more traded for or signed after some cap space is created.

But...Shaw, Perlini  (if he achieves what he was able to do in Arizona) and even Dach (on JT’s wing) are possibilities.  Heck, Kubalik hasn’t played a NHL game but neither did Panarin when SB brought him over (and I am not saying Kubalik will be as great of a find for SB and company as Panarin was but he may be a good find based on watching him play in the tourney).

Saad - JT - ???

D-cat - Strome - Kane

I would stack those 5 up against almost any other “competitive team’s” top 5.  Plug in a legit 6th (maybe it’s here or maybe it comes before the playoffs) and role with it.

The bottom 6 is what has been the biggest difference with other “competitive teams” IMO.  That is slotting better now too.

Also, SB has quietly made the Hogs roster WAY better.

I may be an apologist...but wow...there are just some haters no matter what good things get done.

But...to each their own.

• Like 2

iknowpuck said on 17 minutes ago:

Is there really that much of a difference in top 6 forwards between this team and “most competitive teams?”

JT, Kane, D-cat, Strome, Saad round out a really competitive 5 out of 6, IMO.

I would like to see one more traded for or signed after some cap space is created.

But...Shaw, Perlini  (if he achieves what he was able to do in Arizona) and even Dach (on JT’s wing) are possibilities.  Heck, Kubalik hasn’t played a NHL game but neither did Panarin when SB brought him over (and I am not saying Kubalik will be as great of a find for SB and company as Panarin was but he may be a good find based on watching him play in the tourney).

Saad - JT - ???

D-cat - Strome - Kane

I would stack those 5 up against almost any other “competitive team’s” top 5.  Plug in a legit 6th (maybe it’s here or maybe it comes before the playoffs) and role with it.

The bottom 6 is what has been the biggest difference with other “competitive teams” IMO.  That is slotting better now too.

Also, SB has quietly made the Hogs roster WAY better.

I may be an apologist...but wow...there are just some haters no matter what good things get done.

But...to each their own.

But Saad played most of last year on the 3rd line, not the top 6. And you don’t know for sure he will be top 6 this year, do you? 

And here is the thing, I’m not actually a hater, I’m a realist. Stan has made a lot of moves this offseason and the main thing I have said all along is that of some of them are wait and see type of moves.

We don’t know where Mattaa is after all of his injuries? We don’t know what Crawford’s health will be this season, or if Lehner will be needed as much as his contract would warrant, and if he is needed will he be as good as last year or the Lehner from two years ago in Buffalo? We don’t know how well Kubalik is going to perform in the NHL? Etc. 

I gave props for the Shaw and De Haan moves because I know what we are getting from those guys. But some of the other moves are on the fence and could go either way so I have called them “wait and see”. I call that being a realist more than a hater.

You on the other hand are ready to anoint every move Stan has made a 100% factual winner, or “good thing” before the damn season even starts. Understandable no GM hits on every move but it’s fairly common knowledge that Stan misses more than he hits so why on earth you are determining ALL of these moves to be “good things” before you even see how they play out is really odd. 

Not a hater, but not a fan boy either, especially with Stan’s history. Sorry. Unfortunately with this FO, I’m in full blown “i’ll believe it when I see it mode”. You clearly are not.

But.....to each their own.

Edited by rinkrat21
  • Upvote 1

rinkrat21 said on 13 minutes ago:

But Saad played most of last year on the 3rd line, not the top 6. And you don’t know for sure he will be top 6 this year, do you? 

And here is the thing, I’m not actually a hater, I’m a realist. Stan has made a lot of moves this offseason and the main thing I have said all along is that of some of them are wait and see type of moves.

We don’t know where Mattaa is after all of his injuries? We don’t know what Crawford’s health will be this season, or if Lehner will be needed as much as his contract would warrant, and if he is needed will he be as good as last year or the Lehner from two years ago in Buffalo? We don’t know how well Kubalik is going to perform in the NHL? Etc. 

I gave props for the Shaw and De Haan moves because I know what we are getting from those guys. But some of the other moves are on the fence and could go either way so I have called them “wait and see”. I call that being a realist more than a hater.

You on the other hand are ready to anoint every move Stan has made a 100% factual winner, or “good thing” before the damn season even starts. Understandable no GM hits on every move but it’s fairly common knowledge that Stan misses more than he hits so why on earth you are determining ALL of these moves to be “good things” before you even see how they play out is really odd. 

Not a hater, but not a fan boy either, especially with Stan’s history. Sorry. Unfortunately with this FO, I’m in full blown “i’ll believe it when I see it mode”. You clearly are not.

But.....to each their own.

Lot’s of fair off topic points tho, rat.  But...

Does any GM or fan really know right now...or almost ever...what the are really getting (unless it’s the exceptional talent and that doesn’t even work out all of the time)?

How does Pitt look to you right now?  Does Dallas know their investment is going to absolutely get them over the top?  I can go on.

But, as a fan...and back to the point...slotting Saad in that top 6 puts that group up against  almost every one of the most competitive teams out there, no?

iknowpuck said on 10 minutes ago:

Lot’s of fair off topic points tho, rat.  But...

Does any GM or fan really know right now...or almost ever...what the are really getting (unless it’s the exceptional talent and that doesn’t even work out all of the time)?

How does Pitt look to you right now?  Does Dallas know their investment is going to absolutely get them over the top?  I can go on.

But, as a fan...and back to the point...slotting Saad in that top 6 puts that group up against  almost every one of the most competitive teams out there, no?

You are correct, no GM or fan knows what they are really getting until they see how it plays out. But some players come with more question marks than others. And, if no GM or fan really knows, then why are you calling them “good things” when in reality, we don’t know if they are good things yet. I think wait and see is far more appropriate. 

And sure, if Saad is slotted in the top 6 you can put the Hawks top 6 against anyone else’s in the league. I never said otherwise. You can actually take Saad out of the equation and I am on record as saying many times the team should have been far more competitive last season than they were considering the strength of just their top 4 alone. 

Last year depth at forward was a huge problem, including the top 2 line winger spots. I’m not sure subtracting Kahun, Kruger and Kunitz and adding Shaw, Kubalik, and Carpenter did enough to improve the depth significantly considering the scope of the problem. On paper it looks like “some” improvement, but enough to get the team over the playoff hump? 

Thats why I had suggested signing a backup goalie for less money and letting Joker play instead of trading for Mattaa - to have more money to shore up the forward depth and create a more balanced roster overall. That isn’t hating, that is just proposing another way to handle the team’s issues overall, which IMO only, would have been a better approach than what we have seen.

I simply don’t agree with the way Stan has spent to the cap and feel if he was gonna use all of his cap space, it could have been done differently. But hey, I might be the dumbest guy on the boards and totally wrong about that as well. Time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

rinkrat21 said on 1 minute ago:

You are correct, no GM or fan knows what they are really getting until they see how it plays out. But some players come with more question marks than others. And, if no GM or fan really knows, then why are you calling them “good things” when in reality, we don’t know if they are good things yet. I think wait and see is far more appropriate. 

And sure, if Saad is slotted in the top 6 you can put the Hawks top 6 against anyone else’s in the league. I never said otherwise. You can actually take Saad out of the equation and I am on record as saying many times the team should have been far more competitive last season than they were considering the strength of just their top 4 alone. 

Last year depth at forward was a huge problem, including the top 2 line winger spots. I’m not sure subtracting Kahun, Kruger and Kunitz and adding Shaw, Kubalik, and Carpenter did enough to improve the depth significantly considering the scope of the problem. On paper it looks like “some” improvement, but enough to get the team over the playoff hump? 

Thats why I had suggested signing a backup goalie for less money and letting Joker play instead of trading for Mattaa - to have more money to shore up the forward depth and create a more balanced roster overall. That isn’t hating, that is just proposing another way to handle the team’s issues overall, which IMO only, would have been a better approach than what we have seen.

I simply don’t agree with the way Stan has spent to the cap and feel if he was gonna use all of his cap space, it could have been done differently. But hey, I might be the dumbest guy on the boards and totally wrong about that as well. Time will tell. 

I like his moves so far because he has appeared to address some needs without committing to huge caps and term that will just lead back to the cap mess he dug the Org out of.  IMO, this roster is better and should/can be a playoff team...regardless of CC now.

Lots of posters fault him for not signing a certain player assuming that player wanted to be here but SB said no.  Silly.  Who really knows what agents reached out to SB for him to say no thanks to.  

I may be wrong as well.  I get these are all opinions from message board posters...including mine.  Debate is good.

I enjoy your posts, rat.  You come from a completely different perspective that makes me pause and see it from a different point of view...except for the Knights😁

But...you know....right...left...right...left...😜

iknowpuck said on 1 hour ago:

I like his moves so far because he has appeared to address some needs without committing to huge caps and term that will just lead back to the cap mess he dug the Org out of.  IMO, this roster is better and should/can be a playoff team...regardless of CC now.

Lots of posters fault him for not signing a certain player assuming that player wanted to be here but SB said no.  Silly.  Who really knows what agents reached out to SB for him to say no thanks to.  

I may be wrong as well.  I get these are all opinions from message board posters...including mine.  Debate is good.

I enjoy your posts, rat.  You come from a completely different perspective that makes me pause and see it from a different point of view...except for the Knights😁

But...you know....right...left...right...left...😜

Hey man, the Knights are solid and are gonna be solid for awhile 💪🏻😁

I hear what you are saying about term and cap space. Although, even with Crawford’s money off the books next year, Stan is gonna have to come up with money to pay Dcat, Strome, and a new starting goalie. And Mattaa, De Haan and Shaw’s salaries will be all be on the books so I hope in the short term, these moves end up being worth it. 

A little more balance with acquiring veteran players versus letting some of the kids play is what I would have preferred. And one example I keep going back too like a broken record is Joker in the lineup instead of Mattaa and 3 mil of extra cap space. Now next year Mattaa’s 4mil a year hit is gonna be there while cap space is gonna be needed.

I just don’t understand why they didn’t let their supposed #1 d prospect try and crack the lineup this year. Worse case scenario he isn’t ready and then they have to make a trade at some point in the season. If Joker is a train wreck, they still have KooKoo or Dahlstrom to fill up the #6 spot until they find someone else. Why not save the money instead of taking on an injury prone 4mil a year guy before the kid at least gets a shot? 

Again the Maatta trade in and of itself may not be bad on paper as a stand alone, but taking into consideration all the other factors, I literally am perplexed by it. Hence my frustration and ranting lol. 

Edited by rinkrat21

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2019/7/3/20680444/chicago-blackhwks-ryan-carpenter-2019-free-agency-signings-analysis-updates-projections-reports#comments

decent article here about Carpenter. worth a look if only for the pic of Strome's facial expression while getting hit by him, lol....

pretty much sums up my thoughts on him, though. he is gonna be a "wait and see" signing for me.... but aren't they all? I don't see Marion Hossa walking in the door....

• Like 1

with the cap space being what it is now, it is obvious that another move needs to be made to provide room for filling out the roster. 

I've listened to a couple interviews with SB since Monday and he sounds less than concerned about cap space, saying the team is in a good place.... but they clearly aren't. this makes me think he has a plan to deal with it or he knows something we do not, and I don't think that thing has anything to do with Crow. makes me curious to know what will happen next.... 

in that vein, I reckon that someone has to be moved. AA is the clear favorite here and just about everywhere else as the guy they could trade to make room. however, imo, the guy they should be looking to move is Murphy. he is a right shot, something we have too much of already. he wouldn't clear as much space as AA would, but he would clear out more term than moving AA and I think keeping AA is probably a better idea now considering what we now have with our forward group. move him and the pairings this coming season could be as follows:

Keith/Gus

DeHaan/Joker

Maata/Seabs

Koekkoek or Dahlstrom as the #7

thoughts? besides the slow comments regarding our third pairing....

rinkrat21 said on 5 hours ago:

Doesn't mean they're all top6 forwards, maybe 3 of them are, Stone, Marchessault, Karlsson. 

Hawks have 4 solid top6 forwards and now have some options with guys who are, or could potentially be, top9 forwards, Saad, Shaw, Caggiula, Perlini, Kubalik, Saarela, Dach, or someone else steps up, Hagel, Kurashev, Entwistle, Quenneville, Highmore, Fortin etc. We'll see how things go next fall.

And if Stan moves Anisimov and/or Gus that'll free up 6mill and hopefully get a legit top 6 forward, or get prospects and picks for them and sign Dzingel for about 5-6mill. Keep Saad till next summer then move him.

Edited by OldTimeHawky

OldTimeHawky said on 11 minutes ago:

Doesn't mean they're all top6 forwards, maybe 3 of them are, Stone, Marchessault, Karlsson. 

Hawks have 4 solid top6 forwards and now have some options with guys who are, or could potentially be, top9 forwards, Saad, Shaw, Caggiula, Perlini, Kubalik, Saarela, Dach, or someone else steps up, Quenneville, Highmore, Fortin etc. We'll see how things go next fall.

And if Stan moves Anisimov and/or Gus that'll free up 6mill and hopefully get a legit top 6 forward, or get prospects and picks for them and sign Dzingel for about 5-6mill. Keep Saad till next summer then move him.

Your question wasnt how good the Hawks forwards were in comparison to the Knights. Your question was what teams actually have two full lines of top 6 forwards while also having decent defense and goaltending. The correct answer to that question is, the Knights are one example.

Kinda taken aback by your opinion that Reilly Smith, Max Pacioretty and Paul Stastny are not top 6 forwards. 

If those 3 guys are on the Hawks, Smith and Pacioretty are battling it out for top line winger duties with the loser easily taking the 2nd line slot while Saad stays on the 3rd line. And Stastny would probably bump Strome down to the 3rd line.

But, since they arent on the Blackhawks, they probably arent bonafide top 6 forwards. Alrighty then 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

rinkrat21 said on 10 minutes ago:

Your question wasnt how good the Hawks forwards were in comparison to the Knights. Your question was what teams actually have two full lines of top 6 forwards while also having decent defense and goaltending. The correct answer to that question is, the Knights are one example.

Kinda taken aback by your opinion that Reilly Smith, Max Pacioretty and Paul Stastny are not top 6 forwards. 

If those 3 guys are on the Hawks, Smith and Pacioretty are battling it out for top line winger duties with the loser easily taking the 2nd line slot while Saad stays on the 3rd line. And Stastny would probably bump Strome down to the 3rd line.

But, since they arent on the Blackhawks, they probably arent bonafide top 6 forwards. Alrighty then 🙄🙄🙄

I agree.  And, we agree more on the Knights than we do the Hawks😜