The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

4/06 Season Finale Hawks vs Preds

nighbor said on On 4/7/2019 at 3:22 AM:

This is the second straight season we have missed the playoffs and not basically the 3rd.  History tells us that in 2017 the Blackhawks were the top team in the west over 82 games.  With the performance of the team in the last few weeks we have witnessed improved play.  Really we are not far off.  We need better team defense (teachable), and an improved bottom 6 so we can consistently roll 4 lines.

If Rocky wanted to dismiss Stan he already would have.  The last 2 drafts landed us 3 quality d# prospects and a world class forward in Kurashev.  I believe Stan is going in the right direction.  He managed to trade a mistake (Manning) and land Caggiula who proved invaluable as witnessed when he suffered a concussion.  Stan turned one sub 6 footer, 20th pick (Schmaltz)  into not 1 but 2, 6'3" first rounders #3 (Strome) and #11 (Perlini) consecutive drafts..

I look forward to seeing Ejdsell and Entwistle, next season.  I also look forward to seeing Caggiula, Strome and Perlini  for a full season.  I am hoping to see that forward we got from the LA Kings Dominic Kot???.

Ok... I'll give you the two but my point was being swept in 4 games in the playoffs well to me is equal to 3.. and I'm not sold on Perlini Strome has been decent.. 6' 3" is all good.. if it's used in the right way.. you can be 6'-5" 320 and not make an NFL player so it's all relative to talent.. I hope you're right I hope Perlini, Strome pan out.  Caggiulai I like he's a gutsy player.. every team needs that guy.. Ejdsell is a big kid.. I hope he pans out,  but He's young.. and Entwistle another good sized kid.. but they're gonna take time.. so yea I agree.. there's some prospects there.. again I don't want to sound repetitive.. but I remember Forsling being compared to Lidstom.. I know no GM has a Chrystal Ball.. this next season obviously make or break Stan.. 

Edited by Angoti

Creature1958 said on 10 hours ago:

You are right about the D-cat - Strome,Saad - AA lines scoring and that is why I had pointed out about the 2 1/2 scoring lines also the many 5+ goal games that they had. The lines were as I want to say balanced and having those top 2 lines being very serious threats it made it harder on the opponents on which checking line to match them up with and that made it easier on AA and Saad. With JT and Caggulia it made that top line a formidable checking line add Kane and it's now a scoring threat as well. So the lines were.

Caggulia -Toews -Kane

D-cat - Strome -Perlini

Saad - AA - Kahun

When Caggulia got injured they tried D-cat and it didn't work and messed up the 2nd line. Then they tried Saad and got the same results while messing up the 3rd line. Do you remember them dropping Kane down to like the 3rd line playing with AA? Then they put Sikura up there and it all went to hell. The Hawks went 20-14- 6 after getting Caggulia and many of those losses happened when he was injured. 

Again I'm not saying he is a savior nor superstar or even a top 6 forward but he brought something that nobody else on this roster could replace. I honestly can't say what it is I can only go by what I saw and that was Toews and Kane lighting the lamp when he was with them and how it stopped when he wasn't. I hope Stan can get a few more like him just in a large or extra large size and not a medium.

I agree with what you are saying.  But, I still can't get by the fact that the Avs won their wild card spot without Landeskog and Rantanen.  Somebody stepped up and did what needed to be done to support a team that could no longer function as it did when those two guys were able to play.  I guess the Hawks had no one to step up and substitute for Caggulia when it was needed.  It is not like he was a prolific scorer who could not be replaced.  As you point out, he played a role and they should have been able to put Hayden out there, for example, with his instructions sewn onto his sleeve, to do what Caggulia did.  But, maybe I am being too simplistic.  

• Like 2

jacksalmon said on 3 hours ago:

I agree with what you are saying.  But, I still can't get by the fact that the Avs won their wild card spot without Landeskog and Rantanen.  Somebody stepped up and did what needed to be done to support a team that could no longer function as it did when those two guys were able to play.  I guess the Hawks had no one to step up and substitute for Caggulia when it was needed.  It is not like he was a prolific scorer who could not be replaced.  As you point out, he played a role and they should have been able to put Hayden out there, for example, with his instructions sewn onto his sleeve, to do what Caggulia did.  But, maybe I am being too simplistic.  

Hayden was a better option than Sikura to get a try out on that top line so why he wasn't I just don't have an answer. I know JC tried a few and just didn't work out so it shows the Avs had better depth and players who stepped up to cover for them while injured while the Hawks didn't.

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 26 minutes ago:

Hayden was a better option than Sikura to get a try out on that top line so why he wasn't I just don't have an answer. I know JC tried a few and just didn't work out so it shows the Avs had better depth and players who stepped up to cover for them while injured while the Hawks didn't.

A couple game audition for Hayden wouldn't have bothered me(Sharp,Burrish and Mayers all thought he shoulda got more time) but if it was me,I put Saad there and leave him there until DC got back.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on Just now:

A couple game audition for Hayden wouldn't have bothered me(Sharp,Burrish and Mayers all thought he shoulda got more time) but if it was me,I put Saad there and leave him there until DC got back.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Agree it might have taken Saad a game or 2 but JC didn't have the patience with him either but sure as hell had a lot of patience with Sikura up there. Ok bed time it's getting way too hard to see these letters.😅

• Upvote 1