The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
vadarx

Chicago Bears 2019/2020 season

hawkinmontreal said on 8 minutes ago:

There are some obvious things I am really hoping to see this year from our Bears, the playoffs and a possible trip to the Super Bowl, but beyond that, I am really hoping Trubs can have an outstanding season and shut the damn mouths of all the naysayers. It just boggles my mind and maybe because I am a biased Bears fan, but when I see all the hype the league gives players like Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and others and how they continuously throw Mitch under the bus, I am really pushing for our Qb to shut all the critics mouths, with an outstanding season and a chance at winning the Lombardi Trophy.

absolutely hoping the same thing. really hoping Trubs tosses about 40 tds this season and all the critics hating on him start kissing his arse....

• Like 1

vadarx said on 4 minutes ago:

absolutely hoping the same thing. really hoping Trubs tosses about 40 tds this season and all the critics hating on him start kissing his arse....

Vader it is really starting to bug me how much disrespect this guy gets. I know he has some accuracy issues last season and under John Fox he had issues, but what has Baker Mayfield done,Darnold or Jackson, zip, nothing, they have accomplished nothing but yet the league has the nerve to put them In MVP talk.

Edited by hawkinmontreal
  • Like 1

vadarx said on 5 minutes ago:

That starts with a thrashing of Erin Rodgers and the fudgepackers to start the season.

Edited by hawkinmontreal

hawkinmontreal said on 45 minutes ago:

That starts with a thrashing of Erin Rodgers and the fudgepackers to start the season.

yep. that is not a must win game.... but it is totally a must win game. we need to come out a crush them right off the bat and get the season started on a good note.

Edited by vadarx

T< 6 days til camp opens....

I'm right with fellow Bears fans here....I try to keep my "Bears/Trubs haters" paranoia in check, but it's difficult.

Some of theses arguments I read, like..."yeah, Trubisky had a decent year, but he had 6 TD passes in one game and that game accounted for 1/9 th of his passing yards"

What? Any Bear fan knows it's a legitimate question if the Bears even win that game with Mike Glennon or any number of QB stiffs we've been forced to endure....what's next?...Gayle Sayers really shouldn't be HOF  because that 6 TD game against SF skewed his numbers? Lol.

I get it....Mitch is just getting started and has much to prove, but just imagine if Aaron Rodgers had a 6 TD day against Tampa. NFL Films would turn it into a 2 hour documentary with all 6 passes replayed from 17 camera angles in ultra-slow motion. The NFL Network anchors would show up on set Monday shamelessly wearing Cheeseheads and green and gold face paint. On Monday Night Football, (no matter who was playing) ESPN would scroll an endless list of Chicago Bears quarterbacks who NEVER threw 6 td passes in a SEASON...much less one game!

Then there's the Sports Illustrated article that came out today that states: "the Bears defense is bound to regress because they were so historically good last year that it will be impossible to improve, and history has proven you can't beat history"....or some such crap, etc....

T< 6 bring it on.

Icaddiedforstosh said on 3 hours ago:

T< 6 days til camp opens....

I'm right with fellow Bears fans here....I try to keep my "Bears/Trubs haters" paranoia in check, but it's difficult.

Some of theses arguments I read, like..."yeah, Trubisky had a decent year, but he had 6 TD passes in one game and that game accounted for 1/9 th of his passing yards"

What? Any Bear fan knows it's a legitimate question if the Bears even win that game with Mike Glennon or any number of QB stiffs we've been forced to endure....what's next?...Gayle Sayers really shouldn't be HOF  because that 6 TD game against SF skewed his numbers? Lol.

I get it....Mitch is just getting started and has much to prove, but just imagine if Aaron Rodgers had a 6 TD day against Tampa. NFL Films would turn it into a 2 hour documentary with all 6 passes replayed from 17 camera angles in ultra-slow motion. The NFL Network anchors would show up on set Monday shamelessly wearing Cheeseheads and green and gold face paint. On Monday Night Football, (no matter who was playing) ESPN would scroll an endless list of Chicago Bears quarterbacks who NEVER threw 6 td passes in a SEASON...much less one game!

Then there's the Sports Illustrated article that came out today that states: "the Bears defense is bound to regress because they were so historically good last year that it will be impossible to improve, and history has proven you can't beat history"....or some such crap, etc....

T< 6 bring it on.

Icaddie, I read that same article. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I am hoping the Bears take all this negativity shown toward them and turn them into positives. A team motivated and charged up is going to be difficult to beat. 

One thing about that article, How is Dallas and San Diego’s defensive 3 ranked higher than Mack, Hicks and Jackson. Just another snub towards our Bears. This is the year for Nagy and company to put there foot down and shut the traps of all the negative nellies out there, starting with piledriving the Packers through the turf in Soldier Field in the season opener.

Edited by hawkinmontreal

I hear ya, caddie.... I saw another article the other day predicting the 12 playoff teams and they picked both GB and Minnesota and not the Bears.... 

I hope the team is saving all of this shite. 

Granada said on 33 minutes ago:

not even gonna sweat it this far in advance of the season. sounds like something that isn't too major, hopefully he'll be ready come September 5th. 

vadarx said on 48 minutes ago:

not even gonna sweat it this far in advance of the season. sounds like something that isn't too major, hopefully he'll be ready come September 5th. 

I hear you Vadar; better to happen now than mid-season. Still though, not the greatest start to his tenure.

• Like 1

Granada said on 10 hours ago:

I hear you Vadar; better to happen now than mid-season. Still though, not the greatest start to his tenure.

would this be getting as much attention had Amos not gone to GB? it is a minor injury during the summer. he has a little over 6 weeks to recover. 

I am not saying that you are doing so, but I feel like HHCD is gonna be under a microscope all year long because he is replacing a guy that we let leave who then signed with the packers.

fair or unfair, that looks to be the case for the duration of the coming season.

vadarx said on 12 hours ago:

would this be getting as much attention had Amos not gone to GB? it is a minor injury during the summer. he has a little over 6 weeks to recover. 

I am not saying that you are doing so, but I feel like HHCD is gonna be under a microscope all year long because he is replacing a guy that we let leave who then signed with the packers.

fair or unfair, that looks to be the case for the duration of the coming season.

Good question -- probably not, although he is expected to be starting, and since Chicago media is all about the Bears, they probably would have jumped on it. Maybe not to the extent they are now (with Amos going to GB) though.

It's nice to hear it isn't serious.

• Like 1

JMO ....HHCD is (if healthy) going to look pretty good roaming the secondary next to Jackson this coming year. It'll be interesting to see how he compares to Amos, as Amos's metrics climbed way up due greatly to his playing on a stacked D-Corp.

Packer fans crowing they have already won this "trade off" might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Icaddiedforstosh said on 2 hours ago:

Packer fans crowing they have already won this "trade off" might be in for a bit of a surprise.

yeah, there are no shortage of these.... they are seemingly everywhere yappin about how HHCD is terrible and how much better they'll be than us....

I really hope he has a couple pick 6s against them this season....

vadarx said on On 7/20/2019 at 11:09 PM:

I hear ya, caddie.... I saw another article the other day predicting the 12 playoff teams and they picked both GB and Minnesota and not the Bears.... 

I hope the team is saving all of this shite. 

The Bears have the most difficult schedule in the league and a change over from Fangio to Pagano has the league believing the Bears will stumble(the truth is the league and analysts want the Bears to stumble, it has always been about the Packers from day one in the NFC and as long as Erin Rodgers is around the Bears will be looked down apon). 

The reality is, the lack of respect for our Bears goes without saying, the team still has a lot to prove, the defence is still getting huge accolades, but this a QB league and until Trubs can prove he is better than he has been, the Bears will be shunned upon. The double doink had huge implications, a playoff win against the Eagles certainly would of helped the Bears in the eyes of many, instead the league is still harping on the Bears kicker situation because of such. 

The first game of the year is going to have a monumental impact on the season, the Bears cannot and I stress cannot lose to the Packers. It will be a statement game, and nobody has forgotten last years loss and I am pretty damn sure NBC will be highlighting that game and how charismatic Erin was and how the Bears fell apart, and how the only reason the Bears won the division was because Rodgers got injured. The Bears have the tools, weapons and coaching and now it’s there time. Analysts can say what they want, but the Bears are the only ones that can change that as a team with wins and another NFC division championship and another playoff trip.

Edited by hawkinmontreal
  • Like 1