The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
vadarx

Chicago Bears 2019/2020 season

this seems like a good time to start a new Bears thread for the new season considering the draft is less than a month away.

I'll start it by saying if the Bears take Mike Weber in the upcoming draft, I will vomit.... and then begrudgingly root for him to do well just because I'd like to see a Bears victory parade some February in the near future....

Edited by vadarx

vadarx said on On 3/30/2019 at 2:12 AM:

this seems like a good time to start a new Bears thread for the new season considering the draft is less than a month away.

I'll start it by saying if the Bears take Mike Weber in the upcoming draft, I will vomit.... and then begrudgingly root for him to do well just because I'd like to see a Bears victory parade some February in the near future....

Mike Weber? Wouldn’t be the first time the bears blew there pick.

• Like 1

hawkinmontreal said on On 4/3/2019 at 12:46 PM:

Mike Weber? Wouldn’t be the first time the bears blew there pick.

he is one of the running backs they've talked to. I hope they find someone else....

vadarx said on On 4/4/2019 at 9:27 PM:

he is one of the running backs they've talked to. I hope they find someone else....

I don’t know to much about him. What are his issues?

hawkinmontreal said on 8 hours ago:

I don’t know to much about him. What are his issues?

he went to THE ohio state. lol....

honestly, he isn't a bad player. but he doesn't really seem to be what they want either. tosu passed the ball a lot more to Dobbins than Weber. he isn't much of a receiving threat, imo. which makes his an odd choice should they go with him....

hsbob said on On 4/23/2019 at 5:43 PM:

He's gotta be the first franchised kicker ever.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I look at it this way, if he was kicking for there Bears last season, Chicago would of had a first round by and or a trip to visit the Rams in the playoffs, he is worth it, still can’t beleive this team let him go, kickers like him are as advertised he is good as Gould. With so many tough games this coming schedule, some are going to to come down to the kicker and right now currently, I hope this team doesn’t have to rely on what they have. 

Edited by hawkinmontreal

hawkinmontreal said on 3 minutes ago:

I look at it this way, if he was kicking for there Bears last season, Chicago would of had a first round by and or a trip to visit the Rams in the playoffs, he is worth it, still can’t beleive this team let him go, kickers like him are as advertised he is good as Gould. With so many tough games this coming schedule, some are going to to come down to the kicker and right now currently, I hope this team doesn’t have to rely on what they have. 

His franchise amount is aprox 4.5M,I'm not sure if that's the amount he'll now have to make and the Bears would actually have to trade for him. Cap space is super tight this year with Parkey still on the pay-roll. He definitely would have been a God-send last year!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 1

hsbob said on 5 minutes ago:

His franchise amount is aprox 4.5M,I'm not sure if that's the amount he'll now have to make and the Bears would actually have to trade for him. Cap space is super tight this year with Parkey still on the pay-roll. He definitely would have been a God-send last year!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

San Fran knows the situation, He wants to come back home, but is San Fran good enough with Garafollo coming back to make some noise in the NFC, or do they grant this Vet what he wants, trade him for a late round pick to the Bears. Yes I agree if his price is 4.5, the Bears can’t affotd him, but they do have space after the restructuring of Mack’s contract, if it’s for one year it may be the right choice to make.

hsbob said on 7 hours ago:

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

we actually have room for him this year. it is 2020 where space starts to get real tight and I dunno that he is looking to just sign a 1 year deal....

I'd surely love to have him, though....

and there's your running back.

might have given up a bit much to move up, but I like the pick.

vadarx said on 13 hours ago:

Time will tell on Montgomery, but if he becomes the third RB and does not have adequate playing time those picks to New England become wasted.

vadarx said on 13 hours ago:

Just a curious question for you guys to chew on regarding this, Ryan has established himself as very aggressive when he targets "his man."  He seems willing to give away a few ships in order to get him.  What do you guys feel about that?  I'm on the fence.

GigECJ said on 5 hours ago:

Just a curious question for you guys to chew on regarding this, Ryan has established himself as very aggressive when he targets "his man."  He seems willing to give away a few ships in order to get him.  What do you guys feel about that?  I'm on the fence.

I'm still on the fence as well. we will see how Miller and Montgomery do over the next couple years to really evaluate it, imo.

hawkinmontreal said on 6 hours ago:

Time will tell on Montgomery, but if he becomes the third RB and does not have adequate playing time those picks to New England become wasted.

Davis basically has a one year deal. I'm guessing Montgomery will have every opportunity to win the starting job. if he can't, you will absolutely right. hopefully he will prove Pace a smart man.

GigECJ said on 6 hours ago:

GIg I am ok with him being aggressive, however, it really depends on the timing. Currently the Bears are a stacked team looking for a championship and Pace is going to make the necessary moves to make sure his draft picks make an immediate impact, as such with Montgomery. Before last season, more draft picks gave the team more options moving forward so I wasn’t so inclined with him giving up much needed picks considering the state of the team. Next season the Bears have a very limited amount of picks, but my guess is, with drafting of Ridley and Montgomery he plans on running with younger talent giving him more cash flow on free agents in much needed positions. Gabriel and Robinson Along with Danny Trevathan looked to be casualties in the coming years, however in 2021 the Bears are loaded with picks again. The time is now while the window is wide open and I think Pace and company are trying the hardest even with the loss of picks to capitalize.

• Like 1

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

Davis basically has a one year deal. I'm guessing Montgomery will have every opportunity to win the starting job. if he can't, you will absolutely right. hopefully he will prove Pace a smart man.

NE doesn't get out-smarted very often,let's hope this is one of those rare occasions. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 2 hours ago:

NE doesn't get out-smarted very often,let's hope this is one of those rare occasions. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

NE has been trading back for more picks for years. this isn't the Bears trying to move ahead of them to take this place, it is just NE continuing to do what they've done for a decade plus.

vadarx said on 9 hours ago:

NE has been trading back for more picks for years. this isn't the Bears trying to move ahead of them to take this place, it is just NE continuing to do what they've done for a decade plus.

I agree Vader, accumulating picks has always been the norm in NE during draft time, unless there is a particular player the team really wants. The philosophy has always been the same there, they have Brady and Bellichek they will always be super bowl contenders, regardless of the draft.

Edited by hawkinmontreal

JMO Pace had a pretty good if not great draft.

He moved up to get Montgomery who was widely seen by just about every scout as the most NFL ready RB available. Instant starter, 3 down back with soft hands and blitz pick-up ability. The Bears are not going to be predictable on second and third down with this guy still on the field.

I really love the Ridley choice in the 4rth round. Pace ignored that it wasn't a need and just went for the best football player on the board at the time. That's how you build winning teams.

He's going to have his hands full beating out Wims but then again the Bears have significant depth at WR and RB.

Pace gave Nagy new weapons to help Trubs and that is what it should be all about. The D is set

• Like 1

Icaddiedforstosh said on 1 hour ago:

JMO Pace had a pretty good if not great draft.

He moved up to get Montgomery who was widely seen by just about every scout as the most NFL ready RB available. Instant starter, 3 down back with soft hands and blitz pick-up ability. The Bears are not going to be predictable on second and third down with this guy still on the field.

I really love the Ridley choice in the 4rth round. Pace ignored that it wasn't a need and just went for the best football player on the board at the time. That's how you build winning teams.

He's going to have his hands full beating out Wims but then again the Bears have significant depth at WR and RB.

Pace gave Nagy new weapons to help Trubs and that is what it should be all about. The D is set

yeah I liked it quite a bit as well.

guessing Shelley turns into a nickel guy.  Denmark is a big boy, a project at corner for sure, but could be a high reward type pick. Whyte is clearly gonna compete for a return gig. 

all in all, we added more offensive weapons and now the onus is on the coach and the QB to utilize em all. the offense needs to take a big step forward this year.

Maybe the offense shows up if they make the postseason now that the team’s biggest problem was traded away.  No more excuses......this will be Pace’s fifth year W/O a PO victory to show for his efforts.

I doubt the central will be as weak next year.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob
  • Like 1

hsbob said on 23 minutes ago:

Maybe the offense shows up if they make the postseason now that the team’s biggest problem was traded away.  No more excuses......this will be Pace’s fifth year W/O a PO victory to show for his efforts.

I doubt the central will be as weak next year.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

the Vikings should be motivated. GB should be improved defensively and they still have Rodgers. I am in wait and see mode as far as their new coach is concerned. the liedowns.... well they are still the liedowns....

we should be the best team in the North next season.  but the staff and the team have to put in the work and put it all together on the field. I am hopeful we see it happen and I'm excited for next season! gotta start it off with a win on opening night and go from there. we cannot afford to lose to the packers at home to start next season. gotta have a win in game 1.

vadarx said on 3 minutes ago:

the Vikings should be motivated. GB should be improved defensively and they still have Rodgers. I am in wait and see mode as far as their new coach is concerned. the liedowns.... well they are still the liedowns....

we should be the best team in the North next season.  but the staff and the team have to put in the work and put it all together on the field. I am hopeful we see it happen and I'm excited for next season! gotta start it off with a win on opening night and go from there. we cannot afford to lose to the packers at home to start next season. gotta have a win in game 1.

Signed their fourth kicker today,strength in numbers I guess. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!!