Madrose

2/12 Hawks vs Bruins

galaxytrash said on 1 minute ago:

martinsen.  :)

Hmmmmm forgot about him.. but yeah like we couldn't use him tonight 

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 3 minutes ago:

martinsen.  :)

Yep, thought he was decent player for the 4th line. Knew his role, hustled and played the body

Edited by cudaman
  • Like 2

iknowpuck said on 36 minutes ago:

Awful pairing...they play efense...no D.

Gus has to be out there with a relieable,stay at home partner,that's an addition I wouldn't mind and they don't demand as much back as a puck mover.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I'm really curious what's gonna happen by the 25th... this will tell us something about Stan..

I'm really curious what's gonna happen by the 25th... this will tell us something about Stan..

The boys were due for a stinker,gotta hope the Flyers and Leafs finish strong on the road.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Creature1958 said on 5 minutes ago:

There was a reason he was put on waivers then demoted.😏

I’d like to know the reason?  He would  be a better option than Perrlini or Sykura who both should be in Rockford

• Like 2

Creature1958 said on 17 minutes ago:

There was a reason he was put on waivers then demoted.😏

i understand that but martinsen still checks all the boxes here.

Isn't there anyone in Rockford that is big, not timid and willing to throw it all in there just to get a chance to play 6 minutes on the fourth line?

• Like 3

22 giveaways tonight represents a season high unfortunately.

strome 8 of 15 at the dot  (good)

toews 13 of 25

arty and freddie 5 of 20 combined.  (bad)

on the bright side...even though we allowed 2 PPGs on 5 opportunities, as a team we haven't dropped one position on the PK stats.   :)

• Like 1

Angoti said on 31 minutes ago:

I said earlier that I believe the Hawks needed to go 8-2 in the tens games leading up to Feb 25th...

they're 3-1 thus far...

vs NJ

vs CBS

vs OTT

@ DET

vs COL

vs DAL

5 outta next 6 at home...still doable to be a buyer and not a seller

• Like 2

Leafs pull ahead of the Avs 4-1,now we need the Flyers to do the same.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 32 minutes ago:

The boys were due for a stinker,gotta hope the Flyers and Leafs finish strong on the road.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

well the flyers have tied it up in the third after being down 2 goals twice and the leaves are up 4-1 halfway thru the game.

leave have 3 ppgs in tonite's game. in the previous 17 games, they've had 3 ppgs total.  :)

flyers up 1 on minny...2 minutes to go.

minny loses in regulation so it ain't all bad tonight.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

For now the Hawks are 4 pts back of the Wild...

Blues are climbing, looking like them or the Stars are Central 3rd or wildcard...Wild losing Koivu for the season are dropping, Hawks are climbing...that's what I see as the race, of course I'm ruling out the Canucks, Oilers, Coyotes and Ducks, all of whom should become sellers 

Us or the Wild

On that turnover by Seabrook in the first that led to a Bruin goal, I really wondered if he had been drinking before the game, he looked that out of it.  He wasn't the only one that was out of it   The most worrisome aspect of this game besides the terrible D was the complete disappearance of the Kane/Toews line.  That line was completely invisible.  Why they failed to step it up in a measurement game is beyond me?  But, maybe that is just how they respond to being hammered.  Whatever it was, if they disappear so totally in an important game, it is hard to see them really stepping it up for other big games.  But who knows.

This loss does not end their effort to get a wild card spot.  But, it sure makes me think that they are the Not Ready for Prime Time Players.  That was a pretty awful effort.  The D was simply terrible.  Oh well, on the next game.  Meanwhile, the Blues beat the Bolts and the Preds twice in their recent upsurge.  The Hawks have no such wins, but they'll soon get a chance to redeem themselves when they play Columbus.  Hope it is not another awful game like this one.  

• Like 2

Northernhawk1 said on 4 minutes ago:

For now the Hawks are 4 pts back of the Wild...

Blues are climbing, looking like them or the Stars are Central 3rd or wildcard...Wild losing Koivu for the season are dropping, Hawks are climbing...that's what I see as the race, of course I'm ruling out the Canucks, Oilers, Coyotes and Ducks, all of whom should become sellers 

Us or the Wild

i hope so but we still have 25 games left and everyone except the canucks have more than 25.

st. loo and dallas may not be catchable but too early to rule out those other teams imho.

galaxytrash said on 17 minutes ago:

i hope so but we still have 25 games left and everyone except the canucks have more than 25.

st. loo and dallas may not be catchable but too early to rule out those other teams imho.

I think those teams bunched with the Hawks are a pretty bad bunch.  Frankly, I don't think  that much of any of the best teams in the West this year.  The Preds lost to the Wings tonight, in Nashville,  as proof of that.  So, I think it's anyone's guess who wins the West and it could be any team that gets hot.  Including the Hawks?  I don't know about that.  The Blues look like the dark horse team at this point.  They have been very, very good lately.  

Koekkoek should have dressed not Forsling

Ward or Delia wouldn't have mattered which started, keeping Delia in for the 3rd seemed okay at 4-3 but maybe just maybe after the 5th Boston goal you switch to Ward?

Thursday seems like a good day to start a new streak. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yotes won in vegas tonight 5-2.

led by the traitors.... panik had 1g 1a, hino and hjammer 2 assists each and bloody oesterle had a goal.   :)

vadarx said on 8 minutes ago:

Thursday seems like a good day to start a new streak. 

that works good for me.

• Like 1

Angoti said on 8 hours ago:

Perlini... has to go.. 

Yes, and he can take Kahun with him.

Creature1958 said on 8 hours ago:

Not one player moved from where they were. Nobody just silly passing like before😠

t-man2010 said on 8 hours ago:

It was the pylon formation.

Hehe 😄😄

Taterman said on 18 minutes ago:

Yes, and he can take Kahun with him.

really?

the guy is starting to come around on the second line. 9 points in his last 5 games. 11g and 18a in 57 games in his first season in north america.

one could assume fairly safely that you could expect him to improve next year with a year of north american hockey under his belt.

what is it about his game that you don't like?

• Like 1