The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

1/12 Hawks vs Knights

Just watched the game, wtf was Dahlstrom doing out there in OT and the Hawks would've won in regulation if it wasn't for Seabs bonehead plays on their 1st goal, he blindly shot it around the boards to a Vegas player then he was standing in the corner and left his man all alone in front. 

jacksalmon said on 1 hour ago:

I agree with the high draft picks, but since they take awhile to develop, Toews and Kane get older.  To take advantage of T&K's good years, don't they need some immediate help, like Panarin.  But, how do they get Panarin and pay him $9 million, or so.  It would be good if they could get rid of Saad's money for a draft pick, but who knows if anyone would want him at his price.  To me, he is a real dud.  

Please stop with this Panarin crap, yeah he's good in the regular season but he's a soft one dimensional player. 

• Like 2

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

Just watched the game, wtf was Dahlstrom doing out there in OT and the Hawks would've won in regulation if it wasn't for Seabs bonehead plays on their 1st goal, he blindly shot it around the boards to a Vegas player then he was standing in the corner and left his man all alone in front. 

Dahlstrom was an odd choice alright. I’m starting to wonder if you don’t put out a defensively capable trio to start the OT,  and if you get control with the FO win you substitute in the more offensive players quickly. Say Toews, Keith and then Gus takes the second forward position to start. Get control and then Keith goes off quickly and Kane gets on. It’s becoming clear that possession and the long change means you can overwhelm the other team with fresh players while keeping control.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

Please stop with this Panarin crap, yeah he's good in the regular season but he's a soft one dimensional player. 

I am not stuck on Panarin.  Since his contract is up, he came to mind.  I don't have a firm grasp on all the free agents who will be available this summer to help this team, if they can afford any.  Perhaps you do and can suggest someone else.  It would be fine with me.  

OldTimeHawky said on 2 hours ago:

Why not.  Dahlstrom is one of the better defensemen.  He had his man, he played it right and the goal only happened because Delia did not have the paddle down.  If Dahlstrom did not touch the puck the Vegas player would have and the end result would have been the same.

I seem to recall that the bulk of the Breadman's points came off one-timers either his or Kane's.  A lot of Kane's assists are on Debrincat's one-timers.  It seems that all Kane needs is a good passing one timing right shooting left winger who demands much less than 8M+.

nighbor said on 1 hour ago:

Why not.  Dahlstrom is one of the better defensemen.  He had his man, he played it right and the goal only happened because Delia did not have the paddle down.  If Dahlstrom did not touch the puck the Vegas player would have and the end result would have been the same. 

If Dahlstrom steps up/into the guy, he never gets a shot off.

• Like 1

nighbor said on 3 hours ago:

I really like Dahlstrom but he shouldn't have been out there cause 3on3 you should put out your faster guys, Jokiharju was having a good game and should've been out there.

And he never had his man, his man got the jump on him and but his long reach helped prevent him from cutting to the middle, he still got a shot off though and scored. 

Seabs on the first goal was just as frustrating as Saad not dragging his foot on the offside goal, Hawks would've had a 3-0 lead if it wasn't for those two. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky

OldTimeHawky said on 5 hours ago:

I really like Dahlstrom but he shouldn't have been out there cause 3on3 you should put out your faster guys, Jokiharju was having a good game and should've been out there.

And he never had his man, his man got the jump on him and but his long reach helped prevent him from cutting to the middle, he still got a shot off though and scored. 

Seabs on the first goal was just as frustrating as Saad not dragging his foot on the offside goal, Hawks would've had a 3-0 lead if it wasn't for those two. 

It appears to me that Kane has a bad habit of slowing down just before hitting the blueline and making small moves  while Saad hit the line hard and Kane could have and should have passed the puck to a spot just inside the line and Saad could have picked it up on the fly.

nighbor said on 14 hours ago:

It appears to me that Kane has a bad habit of slowing down just before hitting the blueline and making small moves  while Saad hit the line hard and Kane could have and should have passed the puck to a spot just inside the line and Saad could have picked it up on the fly.

If he could just get past those bad habits! You could tell by the look on his face that he was gonna get that one back...….it took less than four minutes. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

nighbor said on 15 hours ago:

Normally he does that after he crosses the blueline but Saad should've went for a line change when he noticed Kane had the puck.