The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Boqvist is leaving Sweden and he'll play for the London Knights next season, smart kid. He can get acclimated to North America and the smaller ice plus play a lot of games in the OHL under a great coach. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Like 3

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

Boqvist is leaving Sweden and he'll play for the London Knights next season, smart kid. He can get acclimated to North America and the smaller ice plus play a lot of games in the OHL under a great coach. 

I was really hoping this would happen. A great system and league to tax his talents. Will it be fair afterwards to compare where his numbers are after Bouchard led a young team in scoring last year? Might it, should it, settle the debate? I expect good things after climatizing to the differences in the game between here and there.

• Like 2

tincup61 said on 58 minutes ago:

I was really hoping this would happen. A great system and league to tax his talents. Will it be fair afterwards to compare where his numbers are after Bouchard led a young team in scoring last year? Might it, should it, settle the debate? I expect good things after climatizing to the differences in the game between here and there.

same here. really glad they made this move. looking forward to seeing how he does on the smaller surface. 

tincup61 said on 4 hours ago:

I was hoping for the same thing, Boqvist is almost a year younger so this will be a good comparison between him and Bouchard. I don't expect 80+pts, mainly because it's his first year in North America but if he's relied upon for offense he should get 60+.

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

I was hoping for the same thing, Boqvist is almost a year younger so this will be a good comparison between him and Bouchard. I don't expect 80+pts, mainly because it's his first year in North America but if he's relied upon for offense he should get 60+.

I'm less concerned about comparing him with anyone else and more just wanting to see how he looks on the smaller surface. I am happy he will get coached up there as well.

Edited by vadarx

OldTimeHawky said on 16 hours ago:

I’ll get to see him a few times, it will be nice to see him play against kids his age that are very good. I’d have to think him playing with Bouchard, he better be putting up extremely great numbers. Bouchard got 87 on a weak London team, for a dman that’s unheard of. And throw in Boqvist, it should be a great pairing, hopefully Stan pays attention to the bigger dman paired with a smaller dman, it works very well!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 36 minutes ago:

I’ll get to see him a few times, it will be nice to see him play against kids his age that are very good. I’d have to think him playing with Bouchard, he better be putting up extremely great numbers. Bouchard got 87 on a weak London team, for a dman that’s unheard of. And throw in Boqvist, it should be a great pairing, hopefully Stan pays attention to the bigger dman paired with a smaller dman, it works very well!!!

that will for sure be quite the pairing, provided Bouchard doesn't end up playing for the Oil straight away this season (which I doubt, but ya never know).

AcesandEights said on 1 hour ago:

What differences will Boqvist notice in the OHL, compared to Swedish jrs., besides the smaller ice surface.

He has to be a man to play here. Even though Dave Branch the commissioner has made the league softer, the ice is smaller, which makes guys get on you that much quicker. Plus the OHL is probably better than the men’s leagues over there. Better keep his head up! I think he should be ok, he needs to bring speed and an open mind, the Hunters know what they’re doing, and he needs to trust that. I feel this is a positive step forward for him, if he plays 2 years in Jrs with the schedule they have, and the competition level, I feel he’ll be alright. The CHL gets you ready for the nhl, it’s a solid thing for his development. Just keep yer head up boy!!!

• Like 2

Big-T said on 7 hours ago:

The Oilers love to rush their prospects and they're raving about Bouchard so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays for the Oilers next year. But if him and Boqvist are paired together it'll be fun to watch.

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

He has to be a man to play here. Even though Dave Branch the commissioner has made the league softer, the ice is smaller, which makes guys get on you that much quicker. Plus the OHL is probably better than the men’s leagues over there. Better keep his head up! I think he should be ok, he needs to bring speed and an open mind, the Hunters know what they’re doing, and he needs to trust that. I feel this is a positive step forward for him, if he plays 2 years in Jrs with the schedule they have, and the competition level, I feel he’ll be alright. The CHL gets you ready for the nhl, it’s a solid thing for his development. Just keep yer head up boy!!!

Thanks, Big-T. I had thought the competition level was probably higher than he would face in Sweden. I agree that's good for his development.

If you do get to see him play, let's hope he shows good progress. Maybe he'll grow a little taller. ;)

AcesandEights said on 10 minutes ago:

Thanks, Big-T. I had thought the competition level was probably higher than he would face in Sweden. I agree that's good for his development.

If you do get to see him play, let's hope he shows good progress. Maybe he'll grow a little taller. ;)

His older brother Jesper will be 20 in Oct and he's only 6' 180lbs, not very encouraging. 

AcesandEights said on 18 hours ago:

I’m ok with his size, he’s not Quinn Hughes small, but he’ll be average size in the OHL. If he’s paired with Bouchard, that’ll be a d pair to look out for. I doubt he makes the Oilers and will be paired with Boqvist. That’s a very good thing to happen to Boqvist, stepping into a situation where there’s a solid d partner is good for him. Then the year after he can be the man and take control of the OHL, then at 20 make the jump to the NHL!!!

Big-T said on 12 hours ago:

I’m ok with his size, he’s not Quinn Hughes small, but he’ll be average size in the OHL. If he’s paired with Bouchard, that’ll be a d pair to look out for. I doubt he makes the Oilers and will be paired with Boqvist. That’s a very good thing to happen to Boqvist, stepping into a situation where there’s a solid d partner is good for him. Then the year after he can be the man and take control of the OHL, then at 20 make the jump to the NHL!!!

That sounds good to me, Bouchard shouldn't be on the Oilers next year but you never know with that franchise. 

And out of Hughes and Boqvist I'm glad the Hawks got the right handed Swede, we know Stan would've taken Hughes if he was there. At least Boqvist is around 6' and he can add muscle to his frame, Hughes is short and he'll be lucky to reach 5'10". Plus Hughes seems like an arrogant while Boqvist is pretty humble.

OldTimeHawky said on 23 hours ago:

That sounds good to me, Bouchard shouldn't be on the Oilers next year but you never know with that franchise. 

And out of Hughes and Boqvist I'm glad the Hawks got the right handed Swede, we know Stan would've taken Hughes if he was there. At least Boqvist is around 6' and he can add muscle to his frame, Hughes is short and he'll be lucky to reach 5'10". Plus Hughes seems like a arrogant while Boqvist is pretty humble.

I agree, I think Hughes and his brother are more “entitled” like a lot of these kids coming up. There’s a lot of money in America, I know people that spend 50-100k per year on their kids in hockey. And the ones who’ll make it, will be the ones who’ll make it. But that ones who’ll make it have had it instilled in them that they’re entitled to it!!!

^^^Hughes seems like an arrogant OTH?  Wow, just because the kid is confident...and good...and doesn’t seem to let his size get in his way doesn’t mean he’s arrogant, does it?  Size complex much for you?

^^^T, are those the “entitled” kids that drive their Lexus SUVs to the rink?  They then can’t work hard and earn?  SMH.

You guys are really too much.  You should take a break with this garbage.

• Like 2

iknowpuck said on 21 hours ago:

^^^Hughes seems like an arrogant, OTH?  Wow, just because the kid is confident...and good...and doesn’t seem to let his size get in his way doesn’t mean he’s arrogant, does it?  Size complex much for you?

^^^T, are those the “entitled” kids that drive their Lexus SUVs to the rink?  They then can’t work hard and earn?  SMH.

Yeah, it used to be funny, not even funny anymore. 

iknowpuck said on 21 hours ago:

^^^Hughes seems like an arrogant, OTH?  Wow, just because the kid is confident...and good...and doesn’t seem to let his size get in his way doesn’t mean he’s arrogant, does it?  Size complex much for you?

Calm down , there's a difference between confident and arrogant and from the interviews I've heard, Hughes seems like an arrogant entitled kid. 6'3" 230lbs, yeah I have a size complex ?

I'd take a kid like Boqvist over Hughes every time. Even if you're well off and talented it's good to stay humble.

• Like 1

Easy there.

I find it interesting that your “arrogant” post is now just showing “arrogant.”  That was just ignorant on your part.

I’d take Boqvist over Hughes too...which I’ve posted.  

How do you know he is not a humble kid...because of your take on some interviews?  

But, if he was 6’3” and 230 lbs I’m guessing you would consider him “humble.”?

OldTimeHawky said on 6 hours ago:

Calm down, there's a difference between confident and arrogant and from the interviews I've heard, Hughes seems like an arrogant entitled kid. 6'3" 230lbs, yeah I have a size complex ?

I'd take a kid like Boqvist over Hughes every time. Even if you're well off and talented it's good to stay humble.

I won’t even respond to that nonsense anymore, it’s nothing but trolling. Just leave it alone, it’s a better place without commenting to trolls. The hypocrisy of “Stans gotta have a great summer in free agency, he has the money no excuses now”, then Stan doesn’t do anything, and all of the sudden it’s back to being a hypocrite and drawing lines in the sand to devide people, you’ll never see them put up a post with substance and facts, it’s all what ifs and hearsay, just steer clear of the lunacy my man!!!

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

I won’t even respond to that nonsense anymore, it’s nothing but trolling. Just leave it alone, it’s a better place without commenting to trolls. The hypocrisy of “Stans gotta have a great summer in free agency, he has the money no excuses now”, then Stan doesn’t do anything, and all of the sudden it’s back to being a hypocrite and drawing lines in the sand to devide people, you’ll never see them put up a post with substance and facts, it’s all what ifs and hearsay, just steer clear of the lunacy my man!!!

Too funny...you’ve been posting your “substance”...the same stuff since December 1, 2011.  You want facts...go read the very first post in the Stan as GM thread you started...and on that day you posted how the core can’t do it on their own...and the team just isn’t as good as most think...and the finger needs to be pointed where the problem is and it’s the GM.  And you talk about a troll?  Just go back and read.  Same “substance” you’ve posted today.

BTW, after the 2010 Cup...and your December 1, 2011 start of that thread...SB and company made decisions that lead to very different teams that won 2 more Cups...2013 and 2015 ring a bell for you?

Divide people?  You are trying to hard to get posters to believe your junk.  I don’t come here to agree with what you think or just to agree with people...I come here to post about the Hawks and debate hockey. 

You’ve posted the same narrative for almost 7 years!!!  

Edited by iknowpuck
  • Like 2

Big-T said on 5 hours ago:

That's true, the majority of their posts are just trolling and if INP actually looked he'd notice I never edited my post when I said "entitled .....", yet he states it as fact that I did, a mod must've deleted. I'm done responding to those two.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 2 hours ago:

That's true, the majority of their posts are just trolling and if INP actually looked he'd notice I never edited my post when I said "American", yet he states it as fact that I did, a mod must've deleted. I'm done responding to those two.

I never stated that you changed it as a fact...another misguided statement.  Go back and read.

• Like 1