The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
1Shot1Goal

Hawks Moves 2018-2019

I like this trade as Chaput is bigger and stronger and goes to the dirty areas.  Decent at faceoffs too which has been a big weakness on the Hawks. 

midnite200 said on 8 minutes ago:

He’s 26 and never stuck around anywhere...who cares!

If he were to make the big dance, he's got 4th line center written all over which is still hard to get too jacked up about.  One thing it does make me consider are the ideas shared on these boards that basically state that these kinds of moves are all we should expect from Stan this off-season.  Again, if this holds true, I would say that would be a shame.  I think this team has a legit chance to be make the playoffs next year if he makes a couple of significant moves.  Anything less is basically "tanking" in my book.

Edited by GigECJ
  • Like 2

It could also be a trade where the free up a position and let Chaput walk or put him in the minors.  Maybe Stan is working on freeing up more space for bigger acquisitions.  One can only hope but not get hopes up to high.  I believe Stan is on the hot seat though and could be gone by Thanksgiving if he doesn't do much and the Hawks play miserably.

Blackhawks now stand at 44 contracts(including Hossa) and 4 rfas(Duclair, Jurco, Clendening and Chaput)

Chaput is depth NHL-AHL two-way contract a la Kero

Chaput has won the Memorial Cup in 2012(MVP actually) and Calder Cup with Anton Forsberg in 2016

Similar trade to Baun-Martinsen last year or the Beach-Mashinter trade back a few years...trust the scouting and don't doubt their thoughts

Taller but skinnier than Kero.

This isn’t even interesting enough to be a meh move; Vancouver wins this I’d sooner give Kero the minutes.

AcesandEights said on 10 minutes ago:

Wouldn't Chaput have to beat out Kampf  for a 4th line C spot?

i suppose...or maybe vice versa.  :)

either way....a little extra competition can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Northernhawk1 said on 17 hours ago:

Blackhawks now stand at 44 contracts(including Hossa) and 4 rfas(Duclair, Jurco, Clendening and Chaput)Chaput is depth NHL-AHL two-way contract a la Kero

my feelings as well. if they're going to keep one i'd say duclair but he did very little to impress me last season.

AcesandEights said on 43 minutes ago:

Wouldn't Chaput have to beat out Kampf  for a 4th line C spot?

I like what I saw from Victor Edjsel and Luke Johnson in Rockford's successful postseason too,but I guess competition never hurts.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

GT and bob; your're right, competition is always a good thing. Unless you're having two Christobal Huet's fight for the backup spot. ;)

I had forgotten about Edjsell; since he has a higher ceiling let's hope he can build on the postseason he had. 

In one of the videos, Q was asked about some of the kids he watched at Rockford and he mentioned Luke Johnson, so apparently he made an impression.

• Like 1

AcesandEights said on 32 minutes ago:

GT and bob; your're right, competition is always a good thing. Unless you're having two Christobal Huet's fight for the backup spot. ;)

I had forgotten about Edjsell; since he has a higher ceiling let's hope he can build on the postseason he had. 

In one of the videos, Q was asked about some of the kids he watched at Rockford and he mentioned Luke Johnson, so apparently he made an impression.

I only listened to the Hogs games on the radio during the playoffs and Luke made an impression on me, Bouma also raved about him in an interview.

If the Hawks don't get a legit 2C I can see Edjsell playing there, Schmaltz sucks at faceoffs and better on the wing anyways. 

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 18 hours ago:

Shouldn't this be in Hawk Moves? Pan and Hjalmarsson never got their own thread, Kero for Chaput shouldn't. 

I'm guessing by the end of the day he won't be a member of this organization.

galaxytrash said on 4 hours ago:

my feelings as well. if they're going to keep one i'd say duclair but he did very little to impress me last season.

Please Stan, just let them go.

Bowman and qualifying offers......oh boy, where have we heard this before?

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 5 hours ago:

This is probably the driving factor for this move.   Not Stellar, but needed for a 3rd / 4th line center option.  

Kero was done with this team anyway and would have been in the AHL.  With the ‘Nyuks he will have a better chance for games in the NHL.

it doesn't matter at all ...

According to second city, they're not expected to offer Duclair, Jurco, Clendenning or Chaput. So, as a Blackhawk, it would appear Chaput is kaput.

Edited by AcesandEights
  • Like 1