The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Old_Hawk

Martinson

Why hasn't this guy been in Chicago all year? Is he playing over his head right now trying to impress for next year? Maybe, but he has shown more jam in the few games he's played than the rest of the forwards combined. The way he laid out Paryka last nite was priceless. It seem he gets at least one huge hit  per game and he's no slouch at handling the puck either. Again, I ask, why wasn't he called up long before now?

• Like 3

i hear you old hawk.

but he's 27. he's played 126 games already in the NHL.

why now all of the sudden am i going goo-goo ga-ga over this guy? maybe i'm just craving some HITS.

but anyways...i like him.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 2

10,000 Swedes ran through the weeds.....chased by one Norwegian!LOL!  It's a corny old saying but he does seem awfully comfortable with the physical aspect on the league.

I expected nothing more than your average AHL hitter/fighter when I watched a few Hog's games this year but I have to admit I saw a bit of skating ability too. I still expect nothing more than a number 12 or 13 forward to be honest but his physical attributes are welcomed here IMO.

I like a guy who's last to skate away from a scrum but isn't a troublemaker,he doesn't play outta his shoes because hitting is part of his game and he doesn't target smaller players.........if anything,he looks to nail the bigger guys.

I really appreciated the job Wingels and Bouma did here but Martinsen's a bigger,more rugged player and better with the dukes.

He might be playin' over his head right now as the OP said but he might be tired of riding buses too.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 1

hsbob said on 2 hours ago:

10,000 Swedes ran through the weeds.....chased by one Norwegian!LOL!  It's a corny old saying but he does seem awfully comfortable with the physical aspect on the league.

I expected nothing more than your average AHL hitter/fighter when I watched a few Hog's games this year but I have to admit I saw a bit of skating ability too. I still expect nothing more than a number 12 or 13 forward to be honest but his physical attributes are welcomed here IMO.

I like a guy who's last to skate away from a scrum but isn't a troublemaker,he doesn't play outta his shoes because hitting is part of his game and he doesn't target smaller players.........if anything,he looks to nail the bigger guys.

I really appreciated the job Wingels and Bouma did here but Martinsen's a bigger,more rugged player and better with the dukes.

He might be playin' over his head right now as the OP said but he might be tired of riding buses too.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Eddzo said he's probably tired of the diesel fumes 😂

I'm liking what I'm seeing from him and like you said he's targeting bigger guys and not small players. Loved seeing him knock down Parenko and his first shift he ran over the NHL hit leader Zadorov, all 6'6" of him.

He needs to be on the 4th line next year, I like Wingels and Bouma but they're only around 200lbs and aren't heavy hitters, Martinsen is a big guy and D men don't like him chasing them down, plus he can skate and has decent hands. 

• Like 1

hsbob said on On 4/5/2018 at 8:47 AM:

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Wingels just may be back next year so don't be surprised. His heart is here and he could sign for Sharp $$ who I don't believe will be back. I for one would not be upset about that.

Creature1958 said on 2 hours ago:

Wingels just may be back next year so don't be surprised. His heart is here and he could sign for Sharp $$ who I don't believe will be back. I for one would not be upset about that.

Since Sharp isn’t top 6...then Wingels > Sharp in the bottom 6 next season, IMO.

Creature1958 said on 3 hours ago:

same here. I liked Wingels a lot, I am hoping he makes a return trip (although I kind of wonder if he won't want at least a 2 year deal after getting traded).

I am take it or leave it as far as Sharpie goes. I can see him signing another one year deal for a farewell tour of sorts.

vadarx said on 11 hours ago:

same here. I liked Wingels a lot, I am hoping he makes a return trip (although I kind of wonder if he won't want at least a 2 year deal after getting traded).

I am take it or leave it as far as Sharpie goes. I can see him signing another one year deal for a farewell tour of sorts.

Doubtful after that post-game sendoff. He's gone.

Best wishes Sharpie. I hope he winds up on the post-game show, or somewhere in org or broadcasting.

• Like 1

Taterman said on 13 hours ago:

Doubtful after that post-game sendoff. He's gone.

Best wishes Sharpie. I hope he winds up on the post-game show, or somewhere in org or broadcasting.

yep, obviously I posted that before I knew what was happening last night. I said the same thing about him joining the broadcast team in the game thread last night. I think he would be great with Burish! much better than Soupy, that's for sure. 

• Like 2

vadarx said on On 4/6/2018 at 4:25 PM:

I'm pretty sure that he had a talk with Stan before that trade was done. I don't think Stan was out there trying to trade him I believe Boston called about getting him so I don't think there are bad feelings in play here. And I think he has 2 years left in him so a 2 year wouldn't bother me as long as it's no more than 1 mil. per. He has some energy and drive that this team sorely needs.

vadarx said on On 4/7/2018 at 5:06 PM:

yep, obviously I posted that before I knew what was happening last night. I said the same thing about him joining the broadcast team in the game thread last night. I think he would be great with Burish! much better than Soupy, that's for sure. 

A Laurel and Hardy tag team. That would be fun. :lol:

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM:

Especially if he doesn't draw in for the postseason,Boston has just about everybody back now so there's a good chance of it.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 10 hours ago:

I'm pretty sure that he had a talk with Stan before that trade was done. I don't think Stan was out there trying to trade him I believe Boston called about getting him so I don't think there are bad feelings in play here. And I think he has 2 years left in him so a 2 year wouldn't bother me as long as it's no more than 1 mil. per. He has some energy and drive that this team sorely needs.

agree! I'd be on board with that. 

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 10 hours ago:

A Laurel and Hardy tag team. That would be fun. :lol:

also agree. I think those two would be very entertaining to watch before and after games. 

• Like 1

Martinson , was a nice surprise , but played a bit higher up in the lineup than what I would have expected.

4th line , and third I suppose would be best. Bouma needs to come back too , and maybe Hayden can join  them to round out the line