The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

3/30 Hawks vs Avs

vadarx said on 6 hours ago:

just back to my sis's place after the game. we had a fine time despite the outcome! wish I could post a pic of my nephew in his giant sized new jersey, but it says the file is too big, so let's just say he was pretty pumped about it!

as far as the game goes.... the officiating was a joke. bunch of missed calls, both ways. but gimme a break no penalties on the avs...  what a joke. the fans were not the most pleasant I've run across either, buttttt I can't blame em too much cuz it was at minimum 50/50... probably more 'hawks fans tbh... 

oh well. it is probably best we lose out now anyway. although, I have a sneaky suspicion that we win one last home game (and hopefully ruin the blows playoff chances in the process).

I hope he didn’t “s**t” himself!

As far as the game went. What else did we expect? Sikura did exactly what I thought he would. Plus the other collection of small kids literally looked like kids, and not very good at that. I don’t think that the Avs played all that great, they literally closed off the inside with men, and they got put on the perimeter. I think next time we play a team with everything to lose and they bench their stars, let’s not have everyone here get worked up if Sikura gets 2 or 3 points vs a team that does not care about a match against an absolute bottom feeder. And I’m not sure Oesterle is an AHL dman. Why he is on the roster getting top 4 mins shows how bad this roster really is. If we don’t even have an AHLer better than an ECHLer in Oesterle, something is horribly wrong. 

I hope you and your nephew had a great time despite the AHL team placed out there!!!

Big-T said on 5 minutes ago:

As far as the game went. What else did we expect? Sikura did exactly what I thought he would. Plus the other collection of small kids literally looked like kids, and not very good at that. I don’t think that the Avs played all that great, they literally closed off the inside with men, and they got put on the perimeter. I think next time we play a team with everything to lose and they bench their stars, let’s not have everyone here get worked up if Sikura gets 2 or 3 points vs a team that does not care about a match against an absolute bottom feeder. And I’m not sure Oesterle is an AHL dman. Why he is on the roster getting top 4 mins shows how bad this roster really is. If we don’t even have an AHLer better than an ECHLer in Oesterle, something is horribly wrong. 

I hope you and your nephew had a great time despite the AHL team placed out there!!!

Yes, this game showed the difference between playing a team that did not care about the outcome (the Jets) and one that did (the Avs).  All those Jets goals turned into goose eggs.  The Avs are a team that went from being the worst team in the league last year with 48 points and finishing 20 points below the second worst team in the league to this year's 93 points, so far.  So, I guess there might be some hope for the Hawks.  I am sure very few people could see this year's Avs in last year's Avs.  

Big-T said on 1 minute ago:

I think next time we play a team with everything to lose and they bench their stars, let’s not have everyone here get worked up if Sikura gets 2 or 3 points vs a team that does not care about a match against an absolute bottom feeder.

give me a break.

as bad as the av's game was...it's too bad you couldn't just forget everything and enjoy the jet's game like an average fan.

don't worry.....i came back down to earth long before the colorado game started.

• Like 2

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

It is pretty funny how you appraised him.

Before first game - he is a failure, small college player, though not American.

After first game ever - got couple points, who cares, against opponent who didn't care

After second game - he is a failure as you predicted.

Yes, we are getting worked up watching young kid to get several points against playoff team.

Edited by irmaks
  • Like 1

Big-T said on 6 hours ago:

:lol: not this time, lol. he is gonna have to grow into it, for sure. luckily, his mom got him a replica jersey for wearing until he fits into this one. 

whole team looked the same last night. everything to the outside, definitely looked like they played the night before as well. 

like I said, o well, not gonna get mad about losing now when it is probably for the best that they do. agree with GT though, I'd love to see the boys take down the blows at home and knock them outta the playoffs! I have a feeling we will see a good effort next Friday!

galaxytrash said on 7 hours ago:

give me a break.

as bad as the av's game was...it's too bad you couldn't just forget everything and enjoy the jet's game like an average fan.

don't worry.....i came back down to earth long before the colorado game started.

Let’s say the kid ends up being decent. Are you seriously advocating having another one of the same kind on this roster? Panera was very soft, yet a top ten scorer, and he’s gone. Why didn’t everyone’s favourite GM just keep him? Cmon GT, 166 lbs kid is not what we need, and you know it!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Let’s say the kid ends up being decent. Are you seriously advocating having another one of the same kind on this roster? Panera was very soft, yet a top ten scorer, and he’s gone. Why didn’t everyone’s favourite GM just keep him? Cmon GT, 166 lbs kid is not what we need, and you know it!!!

I agree... I don't know what the argument is here... ok once in a while you get a Savard... a Cicerelli.. Marchand... but those guys are special... all three tuff as nails.. for their size, Dino at the top.. there are twice as many bigger players you can name with the same or better careers. 

Like I said, look at the rosters of the teams moving on... the league changes... there isn't anyone that can convince me or science and nature.. that a good big man is not better than a good little man ... all things equal.. not to say there isn't a place for all size players, I'm just saying not a whole team.. the proof is in the pudding.. again look at what everyone talks about through out the league... big fast "heavy" team.. I don't get the argument here.. I just don't..

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

i wasn't advocating anything.

i just wanted to enjoy a win for once without having to be reminded like i am time and time and time again here how bad we are. 

he's a 6th rounder, not the second coming.

"don't enjoy yourselves too much here folks....remember, we still suck."   :)

galaxytrash said on 11 minutes ago:

i wasn't advocating anything.

i just wanted to enjoy a win for once without having to be reminded like i am time and time and time again here how bad we are. 

he's a 6th rounder, not the second coming.

"don't enjoy yourselves too much here folks....remember, we still suck."   :)

Remember, it wasn’t a comment directed at you. If it was, I’d highly agree that it was out of line. It was a general comment on this kid that the GM has hyped a lot. I agree he’s a 6th rounder, but when your GM hyped him like he’s a 6th overall, it’s kinda concerning to me. But anyways, what the hell are you doing up???

Big-T said on 9 minutes ago:

Remember, it wasn’t a comment directed at you. If it was, I’d highly agree that it was out of line. It was a general comment on this kid that the GM has hyped a lot. I agree he’s a 6th rounder, but when your GM hyped him like he’s a 6th overall, it’s kinda concerning to me. But anyways, what the hell are you doing up???

shat the bed again.   :P

galaxytrash said on On 3/31/2018 at 1:07 AM:

i take some solace in the fact that st. loo lost in overtime to the knights and our dismal outing helped the avs to tie the blues (points-wise at least) for the last wildcard spot.

like you, i will feel no joy being a spoiler but for the blues and only the blues.

man its looking like the Hawks 2 games against the Blues will be huge, Avs have the tougher remaining schedule, but play the Blows the last game of the season.

i remember when we used to be wondering about playoff seedings.     sigh.

• Like 1

davebrau said on 4 minutes ago:

i remember when we used to be wondering about playoff seedings.     sigh.

just pretend.

• Like 1

davebrau said on On 4/1/2018 at 8:29 PM:

man its looking like the Hawks 2 games against the Blues will be huge..

i'm a bit torn, but i'm leaning a lot more towards beating st. loo twice than an extra ping pong ball or 2.

they'll likely lose both so it doesn't matter what i think anyways.

it's win win i guess even if we lose lose.

galaxytrash said on 46 minutes ago:

i'm a bit torn, but i'm leaning a lot more towards beating st. loo twice than an extra ping pong ball or 2.

I'd settle for one W against the Blows myself. The Caps gotta go in there and win tonight and a three point game in LA would be nice too!

CLEAN HOUSE!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 2 minutes ago:

I'd settle for one W against the Blows myself. 

if that one win puts the blues out then yeah...okay.

if it doesn't than i don't want it.

i want it all or nothin' baby!    :P

• Like 1

It would be awful to end up with the 14th pick. Just not the position you’d like after a disastrous season. I have a really bad feeling about Betman this time, Gary gonna get us!!!

galaxytrash said on On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM:

well crap, really would like the Hawks to bounce em from the playoffs, but sheesh...

im leaning towards beating em twice!  Stan will just mess up the pick anyway..

Not that it matters to the Hawks, but it was too bad for the Avs that Jurco's collision with Varlamov put the latter out for the rest of the season.  I don't know what the injury was.  I hate to see any player suffer such an injury unless the name on the back of his jersey is Backus or Marchand, or there is a Penguin on the front of the jersey.  

jacksalmon said on 3 hours ago:

Not that it matters to the Hawks, but it was too bad for the Avs that Jurco's collision with Varlamov put the latter out for the rest of the season.  I don't know what the injury was.  I hate to see any player suffer such an injury unless the name on the back of his jersey is Backus or Marchand, or there is a Penguin on the front of the jersey.  

knee injury. the fans were, understandably, pissed... but it isn't like they are winning the cup this year. and they are still doing ok without him, although they lost last night on the second half of a back to back. 

the way the blows have played lately, they might just let the Avs in without Colorado having to do much but beat them Saturday night!