The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
KEKHAWK

3 in 6

This season will end in disappointment and anger. So frustrating to watch the Hawks fall short so easily in the playoffs against the Preds and to follow it up with this...season of hockey.

HOWEVER, it ain't all bad. To be fair, these guys just look tired and worn out. I think the 2015 Cup run took something out of the guys who were there. It was a brutal duel with the Ducks to get to the final and since the 2010 Cup every team is gunning to beat, even embarrass, the Hawks as often as possible, That would obviously include the physical aspect of the game.

Maybe there is a bad chemistry between players because of contracts or whatever else. I dunno, but I do believe they will get better and that they will win another cup in the next 3 to 4 seasons (probably not with Seabrook...sorry but that just slipped out).

On that note, remember what this team used to look like in the playoffs? Bolland, Vermette, Niemi, Seabrooks o.t. goals and so on. Ya know what, it is only entertainment after all and sometimes you go back and watch these memories still so fresh on the mind. Do you have something better to do?

I hope all of you enjoy this as much as I did.

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Edited by KEKHAWK
forgot to add something
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

most here have likely seen these, but that doesn't mean they're not fun to watch anymore....and it also doesn't mean that their therapeutic value has diminished.  :)

i am going to save these to watch until either after the season's over...or after our next particularly disappointing loss if there is one. or just from time to time whenever.

it's nice to see them all gathered up neatly in one place to find in an instant when one is in an extra intense hockey related black mood.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Some great moments from 2009 2011 and 2014 playoffs too least we all forget

five final four appearances in seven years

Edited by Northernhawk1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Northernhawk1 said on 9 minutes ago:

Some great moments from 2009 2011 and 2014 playoffs too least we all forget

five final four appearances in seven years

good point, northern.

galaxytrash said on 47 minutes ago:

most here have likely seen these, but that doesn't mean they're not fun to watch anymore....and it also doesn't mean that their therapeutic value has diminished.  :)

i am going to save these to watch until either after the season's over...or after our next particularly disappointing loss if there is one. or just from time to time whenever.

it's nice to see them all gathered up neatly in one place to find in an instant when one is in an extra intense hockey related black mood.

My boy watches these every night, and I can’t watch them cuz I don’t want him to see me cry! But the questions he asks me are hilarious. Like when Bolland scores the eventual winning goal in 2013, and he threw his gloves then realized there was more hockey left. So my boy asked me if he could do that, but only after the championship game last Sunday, so after they won, they were hucking their gloves and sticks at the final buzzer, all thanks to Bolland!!!

• Like 3

I watch these quite regularly.  IT is amazing to see the excitement and enthusiasm when somebody scored.  Now everyone is like a zombie when they score a goal.  There is zero energy with this team.  

My boy watches these every night, and I can’t watch them cuz I don’t want him to see me cry! But the questions he asks me are hilarious. Like when Bolland scores the eventual winning goal in 2013, and he threw his gloves then realized there was more hockey left. So my boy asked me if he could do that, but only after the championship game last Sunday, so after they won, they were hucking their gloves and sticks at the final buzzer, all thanks to Bolland!!!

•  

The reason Bolland did that, if you watch closely Boychuck puts his stick down over Bollands and holds it there.  So Bolland can't lift his stick to go celebrate so he just does a yard sale on his equipment as he realizes he probably just won the Cup for the Hawks.  

KEKHAWK said on 13 hours ago:

This season will end in disappointment and anger. So frustrating to watch the Hawks fall short so easily in the playoffs against the Preds and to follow it up with this...season of hockey.

HOWEVER, it ain't all bad. To be fair, these guys just look tired and worn out. I think the 2015 Cup run took something out of the guys who were there. It was a brutal duel with the Ducks to get to the final and since the 2010 Cup every team is gunning to beat, even embarrass, the Hawks as often as possible, That would obviously include the physical aspect of the game.

Maybe there is a bad chemistry between players because of contracts or whatever else. I dunno, but I do believe they will get better and that they will win another cup in the next 3 to 4 seasons (probably not with Seabrook...sorry but that just slipped out).

On that note, remember what this team used to look like in the playoffs? Bolland, Vermette, Niemi, Seabrooks o.t. goals and so on. Ya know what, it is only entertainment after all and sometimes you go back and watch these memories still so fresh on the mind. Do you have something better to do?

I hope all of you enjoy this as much as I did.

LET'S GO HAWKS!

THANKS KEK! More than this Ol' boy ever dreamed of!

I still remember chain' with a fellow member after the 3rd cup and he had to take his beloved pooch for his last ride and having recently done the same,I told him.......

It's the emotional check you have to write for all the joy a great dog brings into your life and you have to be ready to write it when it's time. Maybe it's a poor analogy but there's a price to pay in life for the things that improve it and you gotta be ready to 'write that emotional check' cause it's part of the deal. It's also a poor analogy because our dog still ain't ready for his 'last ride'.......just gotta teach him some new tricks. Maybe get him some new toys too!

I know I'll have to dodge more tomahawks but GOD DAM does this team miss Andrew Shaw!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 2

hsbob said on 34 minutes ago:

I know I'll have to dodge more tomahawks but GOD DAM does this team miss Andrew Shaw!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

You are correct with that last line but for me its Byfuglien.......an awesome player and a great guy.

Edited by GoHawks-1
Quote mistake
  • Like 1

Those vids just remind me how much I am going to miss playoff hockey, that energy and all the emotions that run through it. It also reminds me goaltending counts, how our goalies, in the end, always outplayed their counterparts at the other end. That ‘15 win might have been the best, did we know they had another in them? I want that team back, the Brandon Saad we traded for, the Patrick Sharp before time and injury did him in, a healthy Brian Bickell, and an engaged Jonathon Toews. Can we get back someone with Shaw’s Tasmanian Devil tenacity, can Keith and Seabrook find some consistency in their games again? Praying we’re not heading for years of mediocracy. 

Those uniforms sure look different, don't they? Especially the reds. And I'm not talking about the collar/brand change.

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

THANKS KEK! More than this Ol' boy ever dreamed of!

I still remember chain' with a fellow member after the 3rd cup and he had to take his beloved pooch for his last ride and having recently done the same,I told him.......

It's the emotional check you have to write for all the joy a great dog brings into your life and you have to be ready to write it when it's time. Maybe it's a poor analogy but there's a price to pay in life for the things that improve it and you gotta be ready to 'write that emotional check' cause it's part of the deal. It's also a poor analogy because our dog still ain't ready for his 'last ride'.......just gotta teach him some new tricks. Maybe get him some new toys too!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

The Kira dog will be 11 in May and for a German Shepard the time is winding down according to life spans. But you would never know it with her energy and people really believe she is under 5 years old. I always get the No Way get out of here response but show them her papers.  No more frisbees which were her favorite because I have noticed a bit in the hips at her age and now keep her from jumping. Still throw balls so she runs just stopped the jumping and a lot of rope toys for the old tug of war games. 

• Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on 34 minutes ago:

The Kira dog will be 11 in May and for a German Shepard the time is winding down according to life spans. But you would never know it with her energy and people really believe she is under 5 years old. I always get the No Way get out of here response but show them her papers.  No more frisbees which were her favorite because I have noticed a bit in the hips at her age and now keep her from jumping. Still throw balls so she runs just stopped the jumping and a lot of rope toys for the old tug of war games. 

The Kira dog is quite the figure here on the boards Creatch,you should get her an account of her own.LOL! Bless her heart!

My 'Big Jake' was a 125lb physical specimen of a black lab who'd absolutely RIP frisbees outta the air,he came back to me with a flat tire after a bad landing one day and I still had to wrestle the dam frisbee away from him. The resulting ACL operation put the brakes on the Frisbee chasin' and Ol boy was in good health until his back end went out on him 7 years later at 13.

My Golden Girl Hannah came to me six months later @16mos when my neighbors were lookin' for a home for a friend's dog,she was the sweetest most dignified dog I'd ever seen and her back end went out too @11yrso.

Went a year without when a couple I knew needed a home for a 6yro female Weimararner,she needed a home and I needed a dog.....the rest is history. She turns 11 this spring too and she's still a handful just like the Kira dog.

All three of these magnicent,pure-bred animals were out n out given to me mainly because I'm on a few acres,guess I'm the proverbial 'farm upstate' people take their dogs to!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 2

GoHawks-1 said on 1 hour ago:

You are correct with that last line but for me its Byfuglien.......an awesome player and a great guy.

I had a chance to get up to Buff's day with the cup and after party and he was as good of a guy as he was a player. His mom told me he was absolutely crushed by the trade but he went on to quite the career and quite the payday. He'll always be the one that got away but keeping him would have resulted in losing another player or two and two cups did follow.

I do feel not replacing the net front presence that he,Bix and Shaw took massive abuse to provide is a failing though.

GO HAWKS!!!!!   

• Like 1

Two games stand out in my memory: one with Anaheim where the Hawks pulled the goalie and Toews scored two goals in about two minutes to send the game into OT; and the Vancouver game 7, where Toews scored a shorty with a minute remaining to tie the game. The hawks went on to lose both of those games, certainly a hear-breaker in the Vancouver series, but in those moments there was a feeling of elation and awe. They were an amazing team. Maybe they'll be that team again. 

• Like 1

HawkFanPdx said on 18 minutes ago:

Two games stand out in my memory: one with Anaheim where the Hawks pulled the goalie and Toews scored two goals in about two minutes to send the game into OT; and the Vancouver game 7, where Toews scored a shorty with a minute remaining to tie the game. The hawks went on to lose both of those games, certainly a hear-breaker in the Vancouver series, but in those moments there was a feeling of elation and awe. They were an amazing team. Maybe they'll be that team again. 

The ‘11 series against Vancouver was something, down 3-0 and coming back to lose in the 7th game? Wow. And I think if they had won that it would have been possible to go a lot further, although the next series would have been San Jose, looking for revenge. That team started the season slow as they absorbed all the new guys, but carried a 100 point pace in the last three months.  Get by the Canucks and anything might have been possible. They did outscore them by a fair bunch and I still say the Burrows goal was a knuckleball fluke.

• Like 2

tincup61 said on 2 hours ago:

The ‘11 series against Vancouver was something, down 3-0 and coming back to lose in the 7th game? Wow. And I think if they had won that it would have been possible to go a lot further, although the next series would have been San Jose, looking for revenge. That team started the season slow as they absorbed all the new guys, but carried a 100 point pace in the last three months.  Get by the Canucks and anything might have been possible. They did outscore them by a fair bunch and I still say the Burrows goal was a knuckleball fluke.

And down in game 7 with two minutes remaining and short-handed. Then the Hawks get a PP to open the overtime, and I can still see it how Sharp gets a sweet pass right in front of the net, and I can almost see the puck going in...but, for once, Lou does not choke and makes the save. Good old days!

• Like 1

that video above reminds me how much i really just miss being relevant.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 3

thanks for posting all of those, I'll certainly be dialing those up when the playoffs start without us! 

good times!! more than I ever dreamed I'd see a decade ago, that's for sure.

• Like 3

GoHawks-1 said on On 3/28/2018 at 9:02 AM:

Agreed. Mwaha.

• Like 1

KEKHAWK said on 6 hours ago:

Agreed. Mwaha.

Out of all the players lost in the last 9 years Big Buff was the biggest loss. 

• Like 4

Good luck to Big Buff in the PO's,it's great to see him on a top team again and it was great to see him do stuff like this for us.......

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 3