The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

3/24 Hawks vs Islanders

i'm used to lagging behind when watching these feeds.....but i'm likely 8 minutes behind.

i mean....tavares just scored on my tv.

Keith turns it over for Taveras's goal... and Seabs has his back with the empty netter..just like the old days....

good win for our boys.. 

• Upvote 1

Higgyhawk said on 3 minutes ago:

Forsberg pretty good tonight no softies

i gave him the sweet retro-jinx earlier on.

Just got home after supper out.  Turned on the game to see Keith do his deer-in-the -headlights stickhandling routine and turn the puck over, after he had an easy opportunity to clear the zone.

My old basic training drill sergeant would often yell at us after someone screwed up.  His comment would be very appropriate for Keith, at any given time in any given game........."Hey boy, you eat up with dumbass?  You're dumber than owl poop!"

Glad the Hawks got the win, but I probably didn't miss much from the first 55 minutes of this game.

for all you top flight hockey ex goons ...this is what i saw ....

1 get this some players dont enjoy pain ....shy away from it ,,, makes decisions for them ...Can you imagine someone that dont enjoy doing a thousand reps getting their arm broke or getting so winded you puke 

Beer League ...i suppose you guys get mad when a new hotshot starts checking when you passed a few up easy hits ...minor league guys dont like the guy trying to make people look bad to get a call up...

no one likes the parents of the kid that hurts someone elses kid....

lmao    In advance of Know it all friendly taunting  could of just said  ..."It Hurts" 

2nd point was the scouting deal when there is a loose puck like that at the end ...is the guy looking over skating fast enough to beat the other guy going for it ....Or does he want the puck on his stick kicking it up a notch ....

when u see that eyeballing .... have a talk with the kid 

talking about the Isles 

Edited by PuckProphet

tincup61 said on 2 minutes ago:

It was odd to see Dcat with more PK time than PP.  An experiment?

Down a forward with Toews out.

Higgyhawk said on 18 minutes ago:

Do you think Sikura is in the lineup this week

thursday against the jets it sounds like.

davebrau said on 1 hour ago:

ha, Kaner at center huh?

why not..

exactly.

kane was 2 of 11 for 18% on faceoffs.

schmaltz was 2 of 11 for 18% on faceoffs.

on the other hand....kampf was 7 of 9 tonight and 7 of 11 last game against vancouver.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 1

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

thursday against the jets it sounds like.

That’s a big and heavy team to start out against. Maybe he should rest for that one!!!

Also, it sucks to get the win, sad to say, but it’s the truth. I’m not expecting 1st overall, but I’d still like to move up into the top 5 and have a shot at a good player!!!

• Like 2

Big-T said on 17 hours ago:

Also, it sucks to get the win, sad to say, but it’s the truth. I’m not expecting 1st overall, but I’d still like to move up into the top 5 and have a shot at a good player!!!

That is not sad to say at this point.  Getting a better draft pick is one opportunity to improve this team and it does not cost any cap money.  Better to get it, than not to get it, without a doubt.  The young players can learn to win in next year's pre-season games.  Time to tank!!!

Edited by jacksalmon

Big-T said on 12 hours ago:

As bad as it sounds, I have to agree. If you're going to miss the playoffs, you might as well get something good out of the season. And the chance to get a good player with a high draft pick would be a good "reward". Upper level prospects is something badly lacking in the system and we need these good young cheap players to step in.    

AcesandEights said on 34 minutes ago:

As bad as it sounds, I have to agree. If you're going to miss the playoffs, you might as well get something good out of the season. And the chance to get a good player with a high draft pick would be a good "reward". Upper level prospects is something badly lacking in the system and we need these good young cheap players to step in.    

Agree. I’m definitely not expecting the top pick, but I'd love a top 5 pick. There’s some decent dmen and a couple of forwards available that could be of help. We need a kid like the Avs got last year, the Avs selected Cale Makar, and he’s looking like the real deal, we need that to move forward!!!

PuckProphet said on 16 hours ago:

"Happy that I finally landed on a good team" - Artemi Panarin

Stings a bit 

Hey Puck, did he really say that? What has Columbus done to be considered a good team.

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

Hey Puck, did he really say that? What has Columbus done to be considered a good team.

while i try to say i cannot be struck by electricity  i dunno hearing that struck me with electricity so i thought to create a human chain ... i heard he got 70 points again though ... actually 69 25 goals 44 assists ...Kaner ..i consider this a b- season for him ....26 goals 46 assists ....   nah i take back the b -    he gets a solid B   He did a lot of extra credit ...I guess it was said after his hat trick the other day 

PuckProphet said on 2 minutes ago:

while i try to say i cannot be struck by electricity  i dunno hearing that struck me with electricity so i thought to create a human chain ... i heard he got 70 points again though ... actually 69 25 goals 44 assists ...Kaner ..i consider this a b- season for him ....26 goals 46 assists ....   nah i take back the b -    he gets a solid B   He did a lot of extra credit ...I guess it was said after his hat trick the other day 

Makes you wonder, why he would say that, or this a shot at the Hawks and a good old F-you for not keeping me.

Big-T said on 16 hours ago:

Agreed, I hope they get in the top 5. If they do and Tkachuk and Bouchard are on the board who would you take? I'd take Bouchard, 6'2" right handed dman who can skate and handle the puck.

Edited by OldTimeHawky

Happy Chicago won. Wish Forsberg was more consistent this way...when he loses he really falters.

I've probably been harder on Jurco than he deserves...I would prefer the brass take a look at who's been doing good work (despite the disappointing 2nd-half) for the better part of the year, not just these remaining games when certain players are thinking "...this could be my last chance at an NHL career."

Duclair has added little if anything on the ice for example...would sooner have Panik back. Winning now won't hurt Chicago's draft chances especially badly...the Jets were certainly better than Chicago at this point and ended up w/ Laine. Unless they fall way back because of a bad bounce, the best D-prospect will likely be gone before Chicago has a chance to land him; if they draft as high as 4th or even 3rd they might have a chance, unless that player's stock falls for some reason.

Chicago has several players w/ 20 goals (Saad not being one, having a difficult year.) Scoring isn't as much an issue as being scored on. Special Teams need all the help they can get...28th on the PP and 20th on the PK. Having Crawford (or anyone) solid in net again helps the PK...some size (not the slow, lumbering kind) help for the defense, a back-up Goalie capable of starting if Forsberg plays about the same next year, ought to be Chicago's priorities in the off-season.  

OldTimeHawky said on 33 minutes ago:

Agreed, I hope they get in the top 5. If they do and Tkachuk and Bouchard are on the board who would you take? I'd take Bouchard, 6'2" right handed dman who can skate and handle the puck.

Ummmmmmm, not sure there. Bouchard I’m not sold on yet, and Tkachuk I think this team needs more. Walhstrom, or Noah Dobson are more suited for the big time. But, wh n Mark and Dale Hunter call someone the “smartest player”, we should pay attention. Bouchard may just be the next Seabrook!!!