The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
vadarx

Chicago Bears 2018/2019 season

Granada said on 5 hours ago:

Yeah I'm actually a little shocked that Nagy left the door open; I know the guy's a great running back and he has history with him, but that seems like a ton of baggage. I mean, the guy is on video clearly charging, shoving, and kicking a female -- how do you sweep that under the rug? It isn't like Kane's situation; there is actual evidence of it. Even if she provoked him verbally, you just can't do that.

yeah, after seeing the video I am gonna say hard pass on Hunt. there are a ton of other players we can add... or just, ya know, use the backs we already have....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GigECJ said on 3 hours ago:

I actually had no idea about the beating of women story.  I heard it was just about three different men he punched.   Even then, I stated that "from a football standpoint" alone I would be interested.  Now, I'm not interested at all.

I had to brush up on it myself Gig and I'm sure you have as much disgust with the actions as I do. The one football standpoint question I have though is this,why would the team peruse any top back if Nagy goes away from that back in favor of the 3rd and 4th string backs or defensive players? The offense needs players who can fit in but I'm not sure what that means to be honest...….RB's that don't want the ball? RB's that excel at trick plays only? Cohen catches a lotta balls out of the backfield now,does the team acquire another RB that receives well out of the backfield and just abandon the run all together. 

Howard is a very effective chip blocker and a dangerous decoy on play action,his replacement better be too.

Howard has 3,370yds on 778 carries through his first 3 seasons for a 4.33yds pre carry avg,his numbers were down this year along with his carries but he's in the top three in the league since he came in. I'll understand moving Howard if he wont be utilized in Nagy's system because he'd get a decent return and why pay a 1,000yd back what he's worth on his next deal if you don't use him.

I know these new age offenses pass more than run but I don't recall HC's going away from a feature back for a series or two after a nice gain or two in a row. Football's still football and you do something until they stop it and in the case of running the ball...…...most team even continue to run the ball then because it wears down the defense. It was a LONG time ago but my recollections from high school was enjoying run blocking a LOT more than pass blocking,you deliver the punishment vs absorbing it. The advantage of knowing the snap count allowed this and even the worst running teams in the league average around 3yds a carry because of these advantages.  

I've read in the Chicago press that Nagy went away from an "ineffective" Howard in the 2nd half,Howard had 26yds on only 5 first half carries for a 5+yds per carry average in the 1st half and that is effective IMO. If this was true why would Cohen only see ONE carry?

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 1

Icaddiedforstosh said on 6 hours ago:

I don't understand why anyone other than Howard or Cohen would get carries when Nagy is looking to convert on 3rd and short.

Mizzel and Cunningham...why? Why?

Shifting gears...I'll probably get some disagreement on this given the short list of picks after getting Mack but...

Is there anyone the Bears might pick in the 5th round that would help them on offense or defense as opposed to a PK? (unless they bring Gould home)

I'd consider Oklahoma PK Austin Seibert with that 5th round pick.

All time Big 12 scoring leader, hometown kid from Belleville

Wouldn't break my heart to see them try that as opposed to another Parkey hit or miss

I like the idea,kicking oughta translate well from college to the pros and he'd be cheap as well.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Donatell to the Broncos (shocker). OLB coach to the Broncos.  safeties and ILB coaches gone. 

I like a couple of the names I am hearing as replacements... I mean, who doesn't want Ed Reed coaching our safeties?

Edited by vadarx