The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
vadarx

Chicago Bears 2018/2019 season

starting a new thread for a new season. 

I liked the moves thus far in free agency. hopefully signing 2 WR will keep them from wasting a top 10 pick on one. I'd like to see some help/depth brought in for the o-line. hoping for a safety in the draft, fingers crossed that all those QBs go early and we have a few options when our pick comes up.

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 16 hours ago:

I would like picks that are not already injured or don't get injured in camp

lol, that would be nice!

The new guy won't be SADDLED with Glennon and Pace must have gotten 'his guy' 3-4 NFL receivers already and they're yet to draft.......if the Bears aren't a massively improved team,we got REAL problems and those problems have a LOTTA years left on their deals! I heard Phillips babbling on about how the fans have hung with the team today...........what a SCOURGE on the franchise this guy is!

There's also some smoke out there about the Bears ready to move Howard and his 2,400 yrds rushing the last two.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Creature1958 said on 5 hours ago:

The Bears have become the old Cubs........................Wait'll next year :ph34r:

At least the old Cubs usually had teams that would allow us to have hope. The Bears are more like the current Bulls team if you ask me. They let go any players that might be able to contribute something. 

I have a feeling this draft is going to be really bad based on the mock drafts I've been looking at.

• Like 1

hsbob said on 17 hours ago:

The new guy won't be SADDLED with Glennon and Pace must have gotten 'his guy' 3-4 NFL receivers already and they're yet to draft.......if the Bears aren't a massively improved team,we got REAL problems and those problems have a LOTTA years left on their deals! I heard Phillips babbling on about how the fans have hung with the team today...........what a SCOURGE on the franchise this guy is!

There's also some smoke out there about the Bears ready to move Howard and his 2,400 yrds rushing the last two.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

I've heard this too -- why would this be? Is it because Nagy doesn't believe he can fit in his offense or something? Is there a logical reason?

Granada said on 4 hours ago:

I've heard this too -- why would this be? Is it because Nagy doesn't believe he can fit in his offense or something? Is there a logical reason?

Not sure, but I do know that Nagy likes halfbacks to catch and run.  Howard is just run.

GigECJ said on 3 minutes ago:

Not sure, but I do know that Nagy likes halfbacks to catch and run.  Howard is just run.

That’s the word but it seems you throw to Cohen and let Howard pound away for a 1000+. Let’s remember there was no deep threat last year and constant eight in the box against.......how many does Howard get if they can stretch a defense?

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 56 minutes ago:

That’s the word but it seems you throw to Cohen and let Howard pound away for a 1000+. Let’s remember there was no deep threat last year and constant eight in the box against.......how many does Howard get if they can stretch a defense?

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I'm glad it seems they're keeping him.

• Like 1

GigECJ said on 12 hours ago:

Makes sense then, in at least one way. I heard on CSN last night that Nagy said Howard will be the feature back and when they asked Howard why he took all of his Bears pictures off Instagram, he played coy and pretended like he didn't know what the reporters were talking about (Football players are annoyingly stupid in interviews sometimes, but I digress), so go figure.

number-9 said on 9 minutes ago:

I hope the Bears can get either Quentin Nelson or Tremaine Edmunds

I would be a-ok with either of those picks. 

number-9 said on 51 minutes ago:

I hope the Bears can get either Quentin Nelson or Tremaine Edmunds

I would love Quentin Nelson.  Tremaine Edmunds?  I wouldn't.  He's only 19 and is deemed a bit of a project and really hasn't done enough yet to be worthy of a high first round pick.  He also is said to lack in football instincts.  Here's another one of those "physically gifted" types that so many teams lust over, but whom rarely seem to pan out.  My hopes:  Quentin Nelson if they stick at 8.  If they trade down to 10-12 (get a third rounder) and get Roquan Smith, I'm elated.  If they trade down to 12-15(get a 2nd rounder) and get Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward or Derwyn James, I'm very happy.   

Edited by GigECJ

welp....

I like the pick myself. dude could be a fixture for a decade. I certainly hope he is.

Roquan Smith is a very solid pick and the best LB in the draft while also filling a bona fide need for the team.  Vic Fangio's wonderful 49er defenses started with Patrick Willis and Lavorro Bowman as the inside linebackers.  Now he has Danny Trevathan and Roquan Smith.  Very, very similar!

Now, I'd like to see them draft Will Hernandez at Guard with their second pick.

Then, get a WR and OT or CB in Round 4, OT or CB in Round 5.

Rounds 6 and 7 are almost always for back-ups, special teamers and guys destined to be cut.

Edited by GigECJ

Great pick at 8, things are really taking shape for Fangio. Still some holes to fill on this team, but for the first time in years the Bears seem to be heading in the right direction, finally. I am just keeping my fingers crossed the Bears don’t screw this up, as they have been doing since 1988. 

love the picks today as well. good draft this far, imo.

edit: they didn't get the lineman you wanted gig, but they did get a solid interior lineman. and then they got a WR in the third!

are you secretly the new Bears GM? ?

Edited by vadarx

They got better .....undecided on if the Trub trade up ...well no matter ...thing is .....this is a star year .....lots of very good positional players 

vadarx said on On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM:

love the picks today as well. good draft this far, imo.

edit: they didn't get the lineman you wanted gig, but they did get a solid interior lineman. and then they got a WR in the third!

are you secretly the new Bears GM? ?

Obviously not, as evidenced by their 4th and 5th Round selections targeting their pass rush.  I kinda looked the other way on that issue thinking that I could count on Leonard Floyd, Aron Lynch, the blitzing ILB they drafted in Smith, another year older and wiser Bullard, Goldman, et al.  Well, I guess they felt it wasn't enough.  If that's true, and it probably is, I applaud the entire draft (I don't care about Rounds 6 and 7 as they're total crap shoots.).  

I would try to draft a project tackle and raw CB in rounds 6 and 7 however.

Edited by GigECJ

All these guys HAVE TO work out for Pace to earn that extension he just got..........nothing he did before earned it! Unless you count Glennon and the 1st pick with the broken leg.

How does Nagy do with Glennon for a starter and last year's recievers.......we won't have to see because Pace would never do that to HIS guy would he?

Fox like Lovie was set up to fail by his GM.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 21 hours ago:

All these guys HAVE TO work out for Pace to earn that extension he just got..........nothing he did before earned it! Unless you count Glennon and the 1st pick with the broken leg.

How does Nagy do with Glennon for a starter and last year's recievers.......we won't have to see because Pace would never do that to HIS guy would he?

Fox like Lovie was set up to fail by his GM.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Glennon was a major faux pas.

overall I liked the draft. Saturday was filled with potential picks. hopefully 2 or 3 of them pan out. 

vadarx said on 1 minute ago:

overall I liked the draft. Saturday was filled with potential picks. hopefully 2 or 3 of them pan out. 

They have three likely starters come this season.  Any time that happens, you've done well.