The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

3/04 Hawks vs Ducks

I'm not even sure why I'm continue arguing with you, the most educated hockey fan, but again some of us played hockey too on a pretty high level. As far as Keith just watch yesterday's game or see first goal from today's game, or just watch any game. 

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

FACT  = Keith is having a bad year, along with Seabs, along with JT, along with Saad, along with Sharp...I don’t need to break down plays to know this fact.

this is true, they all surely are. there isn't a single player that isn't, except the guy that we all wish was manning the net and not on IR right now...

I believe, however, that T is trying to address why those players are having bad seasons rather than just saying "these guys all suck, trade them all" which seems to be pretty standard around here after every loss. 

• Like 1

Le capitaine des Blackhawks a payé le prix... 😨

Blackhawks fans can be a**holes sometimes...just saw a fan post he wishes sea brook get a career ending injury so we don’t have to pay him

can i just say i loved how jack walked around chicago wearing the chicago blackhawks jersey he got

I would like to take this time to say that the Blackhawks will make a serious Cup run next year.

just feel so bad for my team #BlackhawksNHL_2017_2018_Blackhawks.png Will Love and Support the #Hawks Always!! It's so hard to see them lose, I can only imagine the toll it takes on the guys. Don't let it take away from you working harder. Don't let it discourage you🏒❤️❤️

Although it’s been a challenging season and we went 1-2 this weekend, I wouldn’t trade being a @NHLBlackhawks fan for the world. #OneGoal

I only caught the first period and he was pretty bad in that one as well. Often out of position or making the wrong reads

I don’t even know what happened to the Blackhawks.

What’s going on with the blackhawks?

CHI with a 58% even strength Corsi-for edge

Guys once again ripped the team and lockeroom in post game . Said Blackhawks Culture is no longer present in lockeroom. Your right there is something very wrong with this team . Might be Q I don’t know .

fan opinions ...random fan opinions  take them as nonsense or however you will ...... i was looking for one that said Blackhawks retreat to familiar place .....the divide runs deep

Edited by PuckProphet

iknowpuck said on 16 minutes ago:

FACT  = Keith is having a bad year, along with Seabs, along with JT, along with Saad, along with Sharp...I don’t need to break down plays to know this fact.

Why not? Then how will you be able to argue what the Hawks need in the off-season? I’m sure you’ll be there butting your head in saying this and that, yet you were too lazy to see what the needed. And the worst part is, I think you are a smart enough hockey guy to figure it out, but you’ve drawn a line in the sand and won’t budge from it. I go off of what happens, then make my opinion off of what is available. If you go back a few years in the Stan thread, there were some good posters that would call me out with FACTS, I would struggle to form an argument, and even if I was right, they were just better at focussing on their point than I was. So like MVR now, I form my opinion based on what is given to me by the team, it may be wrong at times, we all are, but how some ignore facts is beyond me. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good argument!!!

Edited by Big-T
  • Like 2

irmaks said on 13 minutes ago:

I'm not even sure why I'm continue arguing with you, the most educated hockey fan, but again some of us played hockey too on a pretty high level. As far as Keith just watch yesterday's game or see first goal from today's game, or just watch any game. 

and some of us talk a lot ....still nags win race against draft picks some days 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-blackhawks-meaningless-march-knowles-03180304-story.html

reason i bring up .....nostalgia ...realizing i am out classed . I was really impressed when some of you remembered the year when McPhee got in the fight with the Blackhawks ..whatever year it was ....

2007 2008 Blackhawks were a good team they sent out the playoff ticket requests last week of the season ...... hell of a roster beginning of the run 

irmaks said on 22 minutes ago:

I just got done rewatching the first goal. I don’t see how that is Keith’s fault. Rackell and Fowler are both out front while the Hawks are short handed, Saad broke the box, and if you watch, Toews is pushing Saad with his stick to cover Rackell, Rackell skates by Saad and now Keith has to decide which one to cover, he chose wrong. That’s terrible coverage by Saad. I just don’t see how anyone who claimed to of played any hockey at all, can’t see this? I think it’s just easy and convenient to blame the higher paid!!!

• Like 2

they been running fire drills all year .....call it terrible coverage i call it they are chasing instead of thinking well i should be about 6 or 8 feet off the guy ...why ....every wants to score be the hero ...its ahl style since a couple weeks before they made that trade with AZ ........for me any ANY talk about scheme play or points ...kinda skewered and not normal ...not worth talking or mentioning when they get in arguments on how to practice ..waste to teach or talk plays when they aint going to try.......Bigger issue ..liking someone is not a requirement of success   no ten commandment that say you got to like everyone ....civil yea ......

hurt feelings  whatever ....i disagree but most of you hockey players say hey the s**t is all on the fly   aint no do this or do that ......

we can blame the locker room ....but these guys are sucking worse  than simple locker room problems 

Edited by PuckProphet

Big-T said on 24 minutes ago:

I just got done rewatching the first goal. I don’t see how that is Keith’s fault. Rackell and Fowler are both out front while the Hawks are short handed, Saad broke the box, and if you watch, Toews is pushing Saad with his stick to cover Rackell, Rackell skates by Saad and now Keith has to decide which one to cover, he chose wrong. That’s terrible coverage by Saad. I just don’t see how anyone who claimed to of played any hockey at all, can’t see this? I think it’s just easy and convenient to blame the higher paid!!!

The first goal was just a good play by Anaheim. Rackell just made Seabrook look like a call up and froze him and then he and Getzlaf played him 2 on 1. Saad was covering Henrique and when Keith looked back to see where Fowler was the puck was there. It was too easy. If there’s a goat, it was probably Seab’s, sucked in, turned the wrong way, totally ineffective.

Blackhawks embark on a meaningless March and April bark the headlines. Nice big thud after that Kings' comeback contest.

To do list in the off-season: Jettison the chaff for players who can fill roles. Revamp the defense w/ a vet or two (mid-late 20's preferably.)

Acknowledge the goal-tending situation is pathetic w/ Crawford out. Glass' story aside...no-one in net now can make the stops necessary to win.

To clarify - No idea what Duclair and Jurco bring to this team. The likes of Bolland and Kruger they ain't...

Surely by now someone has made an impression on the back-end...this constant rotating isn't working at all and CHC deals Kempny? 

• Like 1

Big-T said on 8 hours ago:

Hmm, at least it wasn't kids he was covering for. Rackell was right in front of Keith, instead of checking him, lifting his stick, he was just standing there like a pilon watching it. What also happened to your another great observation how AHL player Schmaltz only benefits from playing with Kane. Just check FACTS from yesterday's game and compare it with Toews line, when they didn't play together. You want to send all kids to AHL where they belong, I wonder who you will be blaming then. 

Edited by irmaks

irmaks said on 12 hours ago:

Pretty fair assessment, I was actually sarcastic in my post. 

Fair enough...you never know without any sarcasm qualifier.

Was at the game yesterday with dad and cousin... sitting upper deck center ice, so had a good view of everything going on.

Few observations (some of which we already know, just confirmed it):

1) Sharp has to retire, it's painful watching him skate now.

2) Schmaltz was really impressive. Lots of speed, good hands, VERY good about stealing pucks from the opposition.

3) Kane is still a joy to watch even when he isn't scoring.

4) Keith and Seabrook looked horrendous. Slow, lazy hockey by both. It's one thing for the body to start going as guys get older, their brains I didn't expect. 

5) Rest of defense is just atrocious. Oesterle/Gustavsson won't hit anyone or move guys out from setting up shop in front of our goalies. Murphy, for all his size, won't get physical either. 

6) Duclair was horrendous. Not a strong skater, can't pass or handle a pass, won't shoot. Took a dumb penalty that cost the Blackhawks the first Ducks goal. I've been thinking they might as well re-sign him for $1-$1.5 million but not sure about it at this point.

7) Kampf was noticeable. He is willing to play physical, especially in middle of the ice. I think he can be a solid 3rd-line center.

At end of the day, it was sad watching them get crushed yesterday. At this time or so last year when I went with my family, they were No. 1 seed and resting guys for a deep playoff push. So much has changed since.

I will say that while speaking with my dad and cousin, there are some reasons to not think this is the beginning of some very difficult seasons ahead and just a "perfect storm" of bad things... 1) Crawford going down and missing so much time with no quality backup goalie has killed them, obviously... 2) Hossa's absence. 3) Old guys beginning to deterioriate while 4) young guys not ready yet to step up and make an impact

• Like 1

MERPER said on 1 hour ago:

Was at the game yesterday with dad and cousin... sitting upper deck center ice, so had a good view of everything going on.

Few observations (some of which we already know, just confirmed it):

1) Sharp has to retire, it's painful watching him skate now.

2) Schmaltz was really impressive. Lots of speed, good hands, VERY good about stealing pucks from the opposition.

3) Kane is still a joy to watch even when he isn't scoring.

4) Keith and Seabrook looked horrendous. Slow, lazy hockey by both. It's one thing for the body to start going as guys get older, their brains I didn't expect. 

5) Rest of defense is just atrocious. Oesterle/Gustavsson won't hit anyone or move guys out from setting up shop in front of our goalies. Murphy, for all his size, won't get physical either. 

6) Duclair was horrendous. Not a strong skater, can't pass or handle a pass, won't shoot. Took a dumb penalty that cost the Blackhawks the first Ducks goal. I've been thinking they might as well re-sign him for $1-$1.5 million but not sure about it at this point.

7) Kampf was noticeable. He is willing to play physical, especially in middle of the ice. I think he can be a solid 3rd-line center.

At end of the day, it was sad watching them get crushed yesterday. At this time or so last year when I went with my family, they were No. 1 seed and resting guys for a deep playoff push. So much has changed since.

I will say that while speaking with my dad and cousin, there are some reasons to not think this is the beginning of some very difficult seasons ahead and just a "perfect storm" of bad things... 1) Crawford going down and missing so much time with no quality backup goalie has killed them, obviously... 2) Hossa's absence. 3) Old guys beginning to deterioriate while 4) young guys not ready yet to step up and make an impact

Or helping out defensively? Funny I say that because Eddie was ripping Jurco about leaving HIS man which led to a Ducks goal. I've never heard once in my life about Kane leaving his man .... Ooops sorry Kane doesn't have a player to cover he's floating so they can get him the puck and we can watch the new version of Flashdance. 

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

Or helping out defensively? Funny I say that because Eddie was ripping Jurco about leaving HIS man which led to a Ducks goal. I've never heard once in my life about Kane leaving his man .... Ooops sorry Kane doesn't have a player to cover he's floating so they can get him the puck and we can watch the new version of Flashdance. 

I get your point.  But, have you ever wondered what the offense would look like, if Kane did not play as he does.  Who would provide the offense otherwise?  Toews?  Sad?  Kane playing as he does has worked for years.  Now it doesn't but that is not entirely his fault.  The whole team sucks and he can't make up for it.  

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

it's funny you specifically referenced it for this game... because Kane actually created a few turnovers by the Ducks yesterday, 2 in the 1st period and another one later... 2 were in Anaheim's end and set up really good scoring chances and 1 was on the backcheck. 

Doesn't matter where on the ice they happen, taking the puck away from the opposing team is a good defensive play

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on On 5. 3. 2018 at 4:36 AM:

true but it's Hino's fault.He's soft and small US college guy and he's emitting negative energy on these core veterans from the bench when they are on the ice, so they cant score or skate and they make too many turnovers..

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 10 hours ago:

true but it's Hino's fault.He's soft and small US college guy and he's emitting negative energy on these core veterans from the bench when they are on the ice, so they cant score or skate and they make too many turnovers..

I thought it was Schmaltz fault, he went to college too 😁, good thing coaches realized that and sent Yale graduate to AHL 

Edited by irmaks
  • Like 2