The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

2/19 Hawks vs Kings

Is Dahlstrom ready to remain with the team through the end of the season.  He has made some very good d plays tonight.

well I've liked Dahlstrom thus far tonight... and that's about it.

glenhall said on Just now:

Is Dahlstrom ready to remain with the team through the end of the season.  He has made some very good d plays tonight.

It’s one night. Forsling had quite a few good nights, then he hit the wall and proved why he’s probably not an NHL regular!!!

OldTimeHawky said on 2 minutes ago:

Can't wait for this season to end, can't stand this Jekyll and Hyde team.

It will be interesting to see the changes before next year. I still think there is a decent amount of talent for a new coach and maybe a new GM to work with, maybe a little like the Kings we’re playing tonight. A year ago they were the fading team, and look what happened with a new coach and GM.

• Like 1

Good point T.  I wondered the same when I posted.  I wonder if his growth in Rockford these past couple of seasons was the correct development and might he be ready now.

Kampf hasn’t really impressed me of late, I think he was on a high getting called up, but he too has clearly hit a wall. Aaaaaaaand, a terrible play by Oesterle there!!!

Big-T said on 1 minute ago:

I agree. I don’t get why oh why they had to turn the roster over with kids? I mean these aren’t even nhl caliber kids, AHL prodigies is a better term. It won’t get better next year, we have more of the same coming, just pathetic that they think this is a good idea. It hasn’t worked, so why in the hell would it work tomorrow???

Yet run down the Kings line up tonight and see how many players they have in that have less than 2 seasons experience. And they are good, big and producing. Does this show how bad our scouting really is? Does it show development problems? It’s games like this when my thoughts tilt back to turfing everyone and starting anew.

Without Crawford here, the goalies just suck, so no use in playing defensively to protect them, cuz they won’t protect themselves. I’d like to see Q abandon ship and go all out offense. Even losing 7-4 or 5-4 or 6-5 is much better than 3-0, 2-1, 3-1 etc, these guys have zero confidence!!!

foresterfan said on 2 minutes ago:

It will be interesting to see the changes before next year. I still think there is a decent amount of talent for a new coach and maybe a new GM to work with, maybe a little like the Kings we’re playing tonight. A year ago they were the fading team, and look what happened with a new coach and GM.

Hopefully they get more size up front and a true top4 dman. This team is way to small.

That's what i get for expecting a little better, after the last win, i thought they would come out flying

galaxytrash said on 7 minutes ago:

C'MON BOYS!!

pot one here before the periods done.

Nope, they're done and so am I.

tincup61 said on 3 minutes ago:

Yet run down the Kings line up tonight and see how many players they have in that have less than 2 seasons experience. And they are good, big and producing. Does this show how bad our scouting really is? Does it show development problems? It’s games like this when my thoughts tilt back to turfing everyone and starting anew.

I can’t argue there. I don’t think our scouts have been all that bad. Someone has had to of said something to Stan about the size of these kids? I have never been in a “war room” with scouts and a GM, however, I’ve talked with many, and I’ve seen the documentaries on teams war rooms, even the much coveted “Oil Change”. And they argue to get their points across, and it’s up to the gm to draft the players he feels will make the best nhl team. These same scouts are the ones to draft Seabrook, Keith, Hammer, CC, Buff, Saad, Bolland,  Brouwer, Bickell, only one of them is a first rounder. No excuse for the Hawks not drafting well due to not getting high picks. Besides Seabs, all of those guys were later picks. It’s just we don’t draft size and or grit!!!

B-A-Hawk said on 5 minutes ago:

wonder what the coach has to say, at beginning of third, about this one

Really, what can he say? He has to keep preaching what he knows and what has worked!!!

Big-T said on 5 minutes ago:

I can’t argue there. I don’t think our scouts have been all that bad. Someone has had to of said something to Stan about the size of these kids? I have never been in a “war room” with scouts and a GM, however, I’ve talked with many, and I’ve seen the documentaries on teams war rooms, even the much coveted “Oil Change”. And they argue to get their points across, and it’s up to the gm to draft the players he feels will make the best nhl team. These same scouts are the ones to draft Seabrook, Keith, Hammer, CC, Buff, Saad, Bolland,  Brouwer, Bickell, only one of them is a first rounder. No excuse for the Hawks not drafting well due to not getting high picks. Besides Seabs, all of those guys were later picks. It’s just we don’t draft size and or grit!!!

Anyone can get too comfortable in their jobs, it becomes a club. Time for a flush and new thinking all the way around. L.A. has 7 players in tonight with less than 2 years experience, most with less than one. Plus three scratched players also from their system. I see an effective style of game, plug and play, no excuses for vets having to cover for the newbies. Seems to me the coach has developed a system that makes it easy for players to fit in and know their job. You can’t tell me Quenneville’s system is so evolved that it takes longer to learn. Either our players are bad (gm’s fault) or the coaching is of the past. I think it’s both.

Edited by tincup61
  • Like 1

galaxytrash said on 15 minutes ago:

Interesting, especially at this time of year. Teams don’t send scouts to bottom feeders just to keep tabs on them!!!

Really, what can he say? He has to keep preaching what he knows and what has worked!!!

He can pull a slapshot and call em a buncha....pus****

Interesting, especially at this time of year. Teams don’t send scouts to bottom feeders just to keep tabs on them!!!

No question we will be sellers at the break and off-season. It will be a different team next year to say the least.