The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

12/10 Hawks vs Yotes

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

Schmaltz is not Center material in the nhl game, Hartman is definitely not top 6. I’m all for your proposal of Dcat on the top line, and the new 3rd line. I’d rather Hartman and Schmaltz be on the 4th line with Hayden and put Hino on the 3rd with Winger and Boomer!!!

hmmm, well I agree that he isn't and I put 38 at RW cuz I couldn't think of anyone else to put there... 

putting 8 with 19 and 20 would be ok with me. how about something like this:

12/15/88

8/19/20

17/57/40

38/48/14

I wouldn't touch the 4th line; they're the only complete line worth a squirt of urine right now.

Edited by LordKOTL
  • Like 1

Big-T said on 21 hours ago:

Honestly, that effort is what is missing. If they do that more often, this team is instantly better!!!

We were in Washington for the blackhawks game last Wednesday (Washington 6, Hawks 2). 

After the game we were waiting in the Capitals' family lounge for one of the Washington players. He scored a goal in the game and said it was just an easy game.

Hawks are not winning enough 1on1 battles, passing is horrible (worse than minor hockey) and all power plays should be declined. It's as if we don't know what to do on the power play.

The only core player with a consistent effort this season is Corey Crawford. Thank you Corey.

And did I mention how horrible the passing is. Coach Q wants more pace to the game. Well in order to get more pace, you need to pass the puck from stick to stick. Focus so you know whether the pass receiver shoots right or left, put the puck on his stick so he doesn't have to stop, or reach back, or lose his stride.

I think this team as it is can play a lot better. No excuse for not being able to pass the puck at the NHL level.

Edited by glennmac
wrong day mentioned

glennmac said on On 11/12/2017 at 2:19 PM:

We were in Washington for the blackhawks game last Wednesday (Washington 6, Hawks 2). 

After the game we were waiting in the Capitals' family lounge for one of the Washington players. He scored a goal in the game and said it was just an easy game.

Hawks are not winning enough 1on1 battles, passing is horrible (worse than minor hockey) and all power plays should be declined. It's as if we don't know what to do on the power play.

The only core player with a consistent effort this season is Corey Crawford. Thank you Corey.

And did I mention how horrible the passing is. Coach Q wants more pace to the game. Well in order to get more pace, you need to pass the puck from stick to stick. Focus so you know whether the pass receiver shoots right or left, put the puck on his stick so he doesn't have to stop, or reach back, or lose his stride.

I think this team as it is can play a lot better. No excuse for not being able to pass the puck at the NHL level.

Their passing has been terrible the Yotes game was one of the worst, they were lucky to beat the worst team in the league.

But the thing that upset me the most about last nights game was that they played country music 😐

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Like 1

vadarx said on 21 hours ago:

hmmm, well I agree that he isn't and I put 38 at RW cuz I couldn't think of anyone else to put there... 

putting 8 with 19 and 20 would be ok with me. how about something like this:

12/15/88

8/19/20

17/57/40

38/48/14

#15 is not a #1 center.  With only winning approximately 45% of his face-offs against 2nd line centers he would get eaten alive by better ones.  After all zone time starts with winning the draw.  After playing many years without a fourth line  why would you willingly screw it up.  Your suggested 4th line is not heavy or tough enough to continually do the necessary heavy lifting.

nighbor said on 9 hours ago:

#15 is not a #1 center.  With only winning approximately 45% of his face-offs against 2nd line centers he would get eaten alive by better ones.  After all zone time starts with winning the draw.  After playing many years without a fourth line  why would you willingly screw it up.  Your suggested 4th line is not heavy or tough enough to continually do the necessary heavy lifting.

#19 hasn't been one recently, either.

I get what you're saying though...but still, much like the past couple of years, I think if Anismiov is providing better O than Toews, you gotta give Anismiov more O-zone icetime.

nighbor said on 2 hours ago:

Although Toews offensive numbers are down he is still elite in the face-off circle.

So was Yannik Perrault (even more elite at the dot than Toews ever could be in his wildest dreams).  Still didn't make him a #1C.

txyak said on On 12/10/2017 at 7:43 PM:

They couldn't win 5 or 6 in a row if they played the Yotes every game. Its good to get 2 points but were only barely beating the worst teams right now

Agreed. Winnipeg is going to beat the **** out of them. Crow is keeping them in most games IMO but he won't be able to hold the fort against a team like the Jets if he doesn't have support around the net.

nighbor said on On 11/12/2017 at 10:25 PM:

When Anisimov was the 3C he was winning just over 50% of the draws, since he was moved back to Kanes line he's now around 48. 

Stan should get a legit 2C so Anisimov can go back to 3C.