The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

12/03 Hawks vs Kings

B-A-Hawk said on 7 hours ago:

They just got to bury them , when they get a chance, I don't know what it is, but ya can't miss wide open nets in these games

ya know, this is one of the things about this team that is most frustrating... they miss the net, wide open or not, A LOT... and from many distances and angles. Now, of course not every shot on goal will go in but shots on goal create rebounds opportunities or other things happen that lead to goals. Missing the net altogether doesn't allow anything to occur but loss of puck possession. Why does this team have accuracy issues? Are they trying to be too fine and pick little corners where a few centimeters off results in a total whiff of a shot?

On top of that their shot selection is poor. Their odd-man rush percentage is way down. Kane/Toews try to pass too often (kane did it in this game with schmaltz).... they have elite wrist shots. Take the shot!!!

• Like 1

jacksalmon said on 5 hours ago:

First, I feel sorry for Forsberg----he usually plays well, but gets little support.

Second, if the Kings are among the best in the WC, the Hawks are not really that far behind.  If the Hawks had an offense, OR A POWER PLAY, they might be a threat.  Even some extra effort would help overcome the lack of an offense or a power play, but they don't have much of that either.  Still, they are not that bad.  They hung with the best in the EC and they hung pretty well with the best in the WC.  But, they are still short of being able to overcome, instead of just hanging around. 

I'll let the rest of you figure out what needs to be done.  I am not smart enough to run this team. 

trust me, the Kings are really not among the best in the WC. They are among the best in a real bad division currently being led by an expansion team. The Flames are underachieving again, the Ducks are terribly injured and average, the Sharks are on the downfall...

I'd take Winnipeg, Nashville, Dallas, St. Louis and Minnesota all ahead of LA.

• Like 1

MERPER said on 10 minutes ago:

trust me, the Kings are really not among the best in the WC. They are among the best in a real bad division currently being led by an expansion team. The Flames are underachieving again, the Ducks are terribly injured and average, the Sharks are on the downfall...

if we could some how manage to make our way to the first wild card team, I would like our chances to get to the wcf. much easier path than playing anyone from our division (unsurprising considering every team in our divison has been building a team to beat us over the past 3-4 years). 

of course, we gotta win some games here first...

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 6 hours ago:

I was not impressed by LA at all in that game.  However, they did whack the Blues on Friday night in St. Louis, which was impressive.  Therefore, they are currently among the best in the WC.  But, in a 7 game series with Winnipeg, Nashville or St. Louis, I would take any of those three over the Kings.  It is looking like it is possible that the Hawks might not even get to try their luck in a 7 game series this year.  It's been awhile since that was thought to be possible. 

Is the Schmaltz experiment over yet? Time to send him down and bring up someone hungry.

Send either Kempny or Oesterle to Rockford to get playing time. They will not get better sitting in the press box.

Release Sharp, was a nice gesture to sign him but no go. Saad has either gotten worse because he was under Torts or was not as good as we thought without Hossa.

GOD I miss Hossa.