The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

hawks unsigned prospects

Taterman said on On 3/26/2019 at 3:16 PM:

Cool. When does he report to Rockford?

i'm happy to report that he's playing tonight, actually. 

made a dandy play to steal the puck and then made a nifty pass to setup a goal.

so he's dandy AND nifty in his first game. can't ask for much more than that.

plus, they gave him #4 so you know he's going to be a good one.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 4

galaxytrash said on 4 hours ago:

i'm happy to report that he's playing tonight, actually. 

made a dandy play to steal the puck and then made a nifty pass to setup a goal.

so he's dandy AND nifty in his first game. can't ask for much more than that.

plus, they gave him #4 so you know he's going to be a good one.

Very cool! What a nice steal and pass!

😄 @ the bold. And I hope your right.

• Like 1

yooper496 said on On 3/13/2019 at 7:12 AM:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2019/03/09_Penn-States-Barratt-Suspended.php

In what may be his last collegiate game this season, might Barratt be the next Hawks’ signee?

he's going back to college for another year.

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports/men_hockey/article_a8d9b612-6532-11e9-bdb3-3f48c0bccaad.html

One of the Hawks older prospects is Russian Shulanov who scored the gwg to win the Cup. They swept former Hawks/Hogs Stalberg, Franson, and Polka.

I wonder what their plans are for him, he has 1yr left on his contract and his numbers dropped a lot after his previous season. 

Wasn't sure where to put this but a couple of prospects drafted in 2018 played against each other in the USHL final 4, Josiah Slavin, younger brother of Jaccob, assisted on the game winning goal vs Mikael Hakkarainen. 

Slavin and Hak are 20-21, I think they should be singed to add depth to Rockford and possibly the Hawks. Both have upward trending numbers since they joined the USHL and both played big roles for their teams this year, offer them contracts.

Josia is 6'3" 187lbs 20yrs old and after being traded this year his goal production went up and he has 7pts in 8 playoff games. 

Hakkarainen is 6' 193lbs 21yrs old and he had 4g-5a in 8 playoffs.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Like 1

cheers for that OTH.

a couple of forgotten players. (in my mind at least)

Edited by galaxytrash

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

cheers for that OTH.

a couple of forgotten players. (in my mind at least)

My mind as well, usually happens with 5th and 7th round picks. Good sign they were leaders on their teams this season.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 9 hours ago:

Wasn't sure where to put this but a couple of prospects drafted in 2018 played against each other in the USHL final 4, Josiah Slavin, younger brother of Jaccob, assisted on the game winning goal vs Mikaela Hakkarainen. 

Slavin and Hak are 20-21, I think they should be singed to add depth to Rockford and possibly the Hawks. Both have upward trending numbers since they joined the USHL and both played big roles for their teams this year, offer them contracts.

Josia is 6'3" 187lbs 20yrs old and after being traded this year his goal production went up and he has 7pts in 8 playoff games. 

Slavin is going to Colorado College this fall. Which is little late in my opinion for 20 years old. 

irmaks said on 3 hours ago:

Slavin is going to Colorado College this fall. Which is little late in my opinion for 20 years old. 

That's to bad, he would've looked good in a Hogs jersey.

Hawks did sign Hakkarainen though as well as little Soderlund. 

Tim's a small center,  5'9" 163lbs, but he can fly and plays very hard with lots of enery. He's a responsible 2way forward who really impressed me at the World Juniors in 2018.

Edited by OldTimeHawky

OldTimeHawky said on 12 hours ago:

Wasn't sure where to put this but a couple of prospects drafted in 2018 played against each other in the USHL final 4, Josiah Slavin, younger brother of Jaccob, assisted on the game winning goal vs Mikaela Hakkarainen. 

Mikael Hakkarainen is the name. Mikaela is womans name in Finland, in case you don't want mock the man. 

• Like 1

Pertti said on 3 minutes ago:

Mikael Hakkarainen is the name. Mikaela is womans name in Finland, in case you don't want mock the man. 

So many vowels I added an extra one 😆 I fixed it, thanks. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 2 hours ago:

So many vowels I added an extra one 😆 I fixed it, thanks. 

Let's hope there's no confusion once we see him on the ice.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

I've watched Josiah a bunch this year for the Steel....he is a strong 2 way player and plays with a lot of heart.....Hakkarannian seems solid but was quiet in the 2 games I watched him play the steel in the playoffs....

• Like 1

mtl09 said on 1 hour ago:

I've watched Josiah a bunch this year for the Steel....he is a strong 2 way player and plays with a lot of heart.....Hakkarannian seems solid but was quiet in the 2 games I watched him play the steel in the playoffs....

I was hoping someone watched them play, thanks. I was intrigued by Slavin and glad the Hawks drafted him.

Hopefully Hakkarainen just ran out of gas but 4g-5a in 8 playoff games is pretty good.

OldTimeHawky said on 20 hours ago:

That's to bad, he would've looked good in a Hogs jersey.

Hawks did sign Hakkarainen though as well as little Soderlund. 

Tim's a small center,  5'9" 163lbs, but he can fly and plays very hard with lots of enery. He's a responsible 2way forward who really impressed me at the World Juniors in 2018.

You gave a good report on him. Soderlund does show his speed on a breakaway at the 50 second mark. He seems to have a lot of offensive skill. He makes a particularly nice play starting about the 3:00 min. mark. (the first 32 seconds are only still shots of TS.)

• Like 1

AcesandEights said on 2 hours ago:

You gave a good report on him. Soderlund does show his speed on a breakaway at the 50 second mark. He seems to have a lot of offensive skill. He makes a particularly nice play starting about the 3:00 min. mark. (the first 32 seconds are only still shots of TS.)

Thank you, not bad for only seeing him at the World Juniors, the Hawks should hire me 😁

Seriously though, his energy is infectious and he has a lot of it. The kid plays way bigger than he is. He didn't put up great numbers overseas but he played in all situations and against men.

OldTimeHawky said on On 5/5/2019 at 9:36 PM:

Wasn't sure where to put this but a couple of prospects drafted in 2018 played against each other in the USHL final 4, Josiah Slavin, younger brother of Jaccob, assisted on the game winning goal vs Mikael Hakkarainen. 

An article rating the junior leagues. To be honest, the USHL being rated as high as it is was a bit surprising to me. And it is an older article. Fair assessment for those in the know?

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/rating-the-junior-hockey-leagues-major-junior-and-the-ushl/

Edited by tincup61
  • Like 1

Anyone want to see USHL finals...Steel are home the 17th and 18th vs the Souix Falls Stampede.....

NextDynasty said on 42 minutes ago:

To bad, Bondra is huge and has good hands, a major shoulder injury kept him out for most of the 2018 season and he wasn't the same this year.

Dalstrom played great in the WHL, especially in the playoffs, to bad he went back overseas and now he's left unsigned. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky