The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

hawks unsigned prospects

GT, thanks for posting this; it was interesting to read. It will also be interesting to see which ones continue to develop and get better and which ones will fall by the wayside. I keep hoping the Hawks will have another Andrew Shaw/Dustin Byfuglien/Troy Brouwer type pick; what I'm referring to is a late round pick that defies the odds and becomes a good NHL player, not just a 4th line type that bounces around. Maybe Sikura could be that guy.

Considering the Hawks goaltending situation in the system, it would be good if Nalimov can continue to develop.

galaxytrash said on 8 hours ago:

That’s nice to see, but his size is a massive issue. We have Kane, Schmaltz, Hartman, Dcat, Hino, now if we add in Sikura, I’m not sure that lineup has Stanley Cup written on it. There will have to be a trade of 2 or 3 of them at some point. Is it worth it to trade Sikura before he ever plays a game? I’m all for kids, but we have too many now, they’re small, and we’re in last place. I think it’s quite obvious where the problem lies, youth and size. We can have some smaller guys, but not that many. Plus add to it the fact that AA plays the game of a 5’11” guy instead of a 6’4” giant. With this type of roster going forward, they may be scorers and flashy, get fans out of their seats, but you’ll see a lot of what we had last year in The playoffs,  maybe a win or two, but constant 1st round exits!!!

Hartman is not exactly small type of player, youth won't be a problem in a couple years, anyway Hawks won't win anything this year. And to get 1st round exit in playoffs you have to make sure you make playoffs, so far it doesn't look like an option. Sikura is a rare talent we drafted in a late rounds. Unfortunately it is not guaranteed that he will sign with Hawks. 

I watched Sikura with Canada's entry in the Spengler Cup. IMO much to do about nothing. I thought rather invisible albeit larger ice. Did not make Canada's Olympic Team. 

Saturday I caught the SEA v PDX matchup (which PDX won 5-4), and did some more scouting for The Joker.

Overall he was merely "okay".  On the negative, there was a couple of times he got caught up-ice on a pinch.  He also was on the ice for a goal-against, but in that case he was the only guy back on a 2-1 and played it well (Farkas had no chance) while everyone else stopped skating (sounds familiar?).  He was on the ice for a goal for, and ended up even with one shot.

He did have a cannon of a point-shot that went in, but was called back when it got tipped by a high-stick. but other than that he was mostly invisible.  Looked better his previous 2 games I saw him live but may still be recovering form the World Juniors. 

I'm curious about Dylan Sikura. Is it correct that he will have the right to choose to become a FA and sign elsewhere when his season ends, like Kevin Hayes did? If this is right, I hope the Hawks dismal season doesn't have any negative influence on him when he talks with the Hawks.

I don't know how good of a prospect he is now considered to be but the Hawks certainly could use good young prospects that can put some offense.  

Edited by AcesandEights

AcesandEights said on 12 hours ago:

I'm curious about Dylan Sikura. Is it correct that he will have the right to choose to become a FA and sign elsewhere when his season ends, like Kevin Hayes did? If this is right, I hope the Hawks dismal season doesn't have any negative influence on him when he talks with the Hawks.

I don't know how good of a prospect he is now considered to be but the Hawks certainly could use good young prospects that can put some offense.  

This is a right of any draft pick, should they choose not to sign with the team that drafted them. There is however a waiting period, I believe the date is in August when they become free agents, if they choose not to sign. However, the Blackhawks do currently have his brother, Tyler, playing for the IceHogs right now as a bit of additional leverage and incentive to sign with us. Dylan is having a very good season, and is a contender for the Hobey Baker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

bhawksprncss19 said on 2 hours ago:

This is a right of any draft pick, should they choose not to sign with the team that drafted them. There is however a waiting period, I believe the date is in August when they become free agents, if they choose not to sign. However, the Blackhawks do currently have his brother, Tyler, playing for the IceHogs right now as a bit of additional leverage and incentive to sign with us. Dylan is having a very good season, and is a contender for the Hobey Baker.

How many posters of these players adorn your walls? Or better yet how many do you have locked in your closet? :lol:

I'm hoping Robin Press is part of the Hawks future plans, he played 7gms for Rockford this year with 0pts but he's been putting up great numbers for the Fuel, 2nd on the team in points per game, 10g-34 in 49gms. 

Seems like a lot of guys from overseas go back if they don't make the NHL and especially if they go to the ECHL but Robins been toiling away down there and he's a big righty who once played forward, he's great on the PP,  those are some things the Hawks could use. 

OldTimeHawky said on On 4/5/2018 at 11:21 PM:

I'm hoping Robin Press is part of the Hawks future plans, he played 7gms for Rockford this year with 0pts but he's been putting up great numbers for the Fuel, 2nd on the team in points per game, 10g-34 in 49gms. 

Seems like a lot of guys from overseas go back if they don't make the NHL and especially if they go to the ECHL but Robins been toiling away down there and he's a big righty who once played forward, he's great on the PP,  those are some things the Hawks could use. 

can't see any more news on this at the moment but i saw this when i got up.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/06/chicago-prospect-ivan-nalimov-asks-for-trade.html

Goaltender prospect Namilov, having had a breakout season overseas, believes he’s ready for NHL this season and has asked the Hawks to trade him to a team that will give him a shot this year.  While I had high hopes for this kid and the teams’s goaltending pipeline is lean, if the Hawks aren’t willing to give him a look as backup this year, he could be a nice trade chip.

Edited by NextDynasty

NextDynasty said on 46 minutes ago:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/06/chicago-prospect-ivan-nalimov-asks-for-trade.html

Goaltender prospect Namilov, having had a breakout season overseas, believes he’s ready for NHL this season and has asked the Hawks to trade him to a team that will give him a shot this year.  While I had high hopes for this kid and the teams’s goaltending pipeline is lean, if the Hawks aren’t willing to give him a look as backup this year, he could be a nice trade chip.

Why not trade Forsberg and/or Berube and open up a spot for Namilov?   He can't be worse than what we had last year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

mvr said on 19 minutes ago:

Why not trade Forsberg and/or Berube and open up a spot for Namilov?   He can't be worse than what we had last year.

i've never seen nalimov play one second of hockey, but i'd bet his upside is heaps more than forsberg's or berube's.

but they've also still not signed 19 year old wouter peeters who was a 3rd round pick. (23 year old nalimov was a 6th rounder)

since crow was drafted way back in '03 (2nd round), they've drafted 9 goalies. 4 in the 7th round, 2 in the 6th, 1 in the 4th and 2 in the 3rd.

I don't want to see Colin Delia get lost in the schuffle,he looked real solid against the Jets before he cramped up late in the year and was a beast for the Hogs. He had one 6-5 OT loss against a Dallas team that extended Toronto to a game seven but other than that was everything an Org. would want to see IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

hsbob said on 2 hours ago:

I don't want to see Colin Delia get lost in the schuffle,he looked real solid against the Jets before he cramped up late in the year and was a beast for the Hogs. He had one 6-5 OT loss against a Dallas team that extended Toronto to a game seven but other than that was everything an Org. would want to see IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

I agree !!! He hasn't been lost on this old coot. 

hsbob said on On 14/06/2018 at 7:43 AM:

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

Oh I think the Hawks staff have taken notice especially considering a lot of them were in attendance for the Hogs playoff run. 

I'd love to see the Hawks move Berube and/or Forsberg for prospects/picks, get Nalimov over here to fight for the backup job with Delia and the young Finn Stan just signed.

Let Glass walk and if Namilov doesn't make the team he'll probably go back overseas but then who ever didn't get the backup job will be the starter in Rockford with maybe Peeters as the backup. Or if Nalimov does go to Rockford Wouter will play for the Fuel and get lots of ice time. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky

OldTimeHawky said on 42 minutes ago:

Oh I think the Hawks staff have taken notice especially considering a lot of them were in attendance for the Hogs playoff run. 

I'd love to see the Hawks move Berube and/or Forsberg for prospects/picks, get Nalimov over here to fight for the backup job with Delia and the young Finn Stan just signed.

Let Glass walk and if Namilov doesn't make the team he'll probably go back overseas but then who ever didn't get the backup job will be the starter in Rockford with maybe Peeters as the backup. Or if Nalimov does go to Rockford Wouter will play for the Fuel and get lots of ice time. 

I still wouldn't mind a decent vet brought in on a one year,if CC starts healthy,how long does he stay that way? I'm as optimistic as anyone but Crawford's situation concerns me going forward. I believe the team's explanation of lingering concussion issues and have completely disregarded the rumors but as we saw in Nick Boynton's story this week,one can lead to the other. I also believe the man when he says he's fine but if he doesn't stay fine,I'm not sure any of the GT's we've mentioned will do as a starter.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

I still wouldn't mind a decent vet brought in on a one year,if CC starts healthy,how long does he stay that way? I'm as optimistic as anyone but Crawford's situation concerns me going forward. I believe the team's explanation of lingering concussion issues and have completely disregarded the rumors but as we saw in Nick Boynton's story this week,one can lead to the other. I also believe the man when he says he's fine but if he doesn't stay fine,I'm not sure any of the GT's we've mentioned will do as a starter.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Yeah that's my concern as well, Crow isn't in his 20's anymore and if he gets hurts again I don't like only having kids to rely on or an old rookie like Glass. Halak or Ward might be a good pick up.

NextDynasty said on On 6/14/2018 at 6:31 AM:

after a bit of posturing it appears nalimov is okay with sticking around another year in the KHL.

galaxytrash said on 3 hours ago:

after a bit of posturing it appears nalimov is okay with sticking around another year in the KHL.

Oops, I should've looked here first, I mentioned this in the Crawford thread. 

I'm sure Stan discussed Crows future and how Ward probably won't be back. 

galaxytrash said on 4 hours ago:

I’m interested in seeing what this kid will bring next year if he puts up another solid year in the KHL. I agree with OTH that with others set to become RFAs or UFAs after this season, and the uncertainty surrounding CC, the timing works for Namilov to potentially grab a roster spot in 2019. 

OldTimeHawky said on On 6/16/2018 at 5:48 AM:

Late to the party but Berube was moved to Columbus for Schroeder...and we saved 50k on the trade.