The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/28 Hawks vs Preds

Modry-Jazyk said on 12 hours ago:

this is irrelevant ... you should always go with better goalie against better team in more important , 4-points games and so far inexperienced Forsberg is bellow average goalie while Crawford is actually probably  top 3 goalie in the NHL.

M-J while I see where your logic is there is also a need to get Forsberg ready to handle any situation that may arise such as an injury to CC. You can't just keep putting Forsberg in against weaker teams. This is going to be a tough schedule coming up and Forsberg is the back-up.....they need to get him ready because they are not just going to go out and get another one. He looked good against a rested Pred team that is sure to make the PO's ..he needs more games like this not less.

• Like 1

hsbob said on 11 hours ago:

It's a RARE occasion when the great Patrick Kane costs the Chicago Blackhawks a game but it happened tonight. Two or three glorious chances and a terribly selfish penality.....the ref gave him the 1st high cross-check too. For the life of me I can't figure out why in the hell a linesman comes off the boards on Kane's rush. The Pred's 2nd can go either way.....just like Forsberg's goal stick after Watson hooked it! LOL!

Game winner bounced off Seabs pads.......Hawks outplayed em!

Nice game from the young GT and another nice game from Booms and Wings......fringe NHL'ers LOFL! Hayden's gonna be a player.......sit back and watch it happen.

If someone tells you the sky's fallin'.........just ask em the last time they got hit in the head by a chunk of it.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

I agree.  Three weeks ago, this team had trouble making a pass and their best scoring chances were coming from 30 - 40 feet out.  I was very encouraged with the way they played especially given they were on a back-to-back and Nashville was rested.  With a little more puck luck for and a little less against, that easily could have been a win.  No reason to fear Nashville or any other team for that matter when the Hawks play like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

iknowpuck said on 13 hours ago:

So replace Forsberg with CC...the outcome probably isn’t any different.

Exactly.  It didn't help that none of our stars outside of El Gato couldn't have scored even if they walked into a Tijuana Brothel with a $100 bill tied to their <deleted>.

At some point the stars have to be stars, and not carried by a 19 year old kid and the 4th line.

• Like 2

Gumby-1 said on 5 hours ago:

I agree.  Three weeks ago, this team had trouble making a pass and their best scoring chances were coming from 30 - 40 feet out.  I was very encouraged with the way they played especially given they were on a back-to-back and Nashville was rested.  With a little more puck luck for and a little less against, that easily could have been a win.  No reason to fear Nashville or any other team for that matter when the Hawks play like that.

Three weeks ago many posters wanted Q gone...said he lost the room.

It does take time for teams to gel especially with so many new players.

But, decisions on players need to be made soon!

Edited by iknowpuck

iknowpuck said on 21 hours ago:

The problem was with core players tonight.  That can’t happen...especially from them.

When is the last time that Kane and Toews showed up against the Preds; and actually scored?  But, on the other hand, I can understand Kane having a snakebit night, but I sure can't understand the idiot losing his cool and taking a penalty that cost the Hawks a point, at least.  Stupid penalty from a guy who is supposed to showing the rookies how the game is played and who is making $10.5 million a year.  I know, he has been playing really well lately and I don't blame him for being snakebit tonight on offense, but that penalty was Junior league bush crap.  He should be scoring in these games, just like his buddy, Toews.  Maybe they are extending professional courtesy to the Preds and the Blues. 

Edited by jacksalmon

jacksalmon said on 1 minute ago:

When is the last time that Kane and Toews showed up against the Preds; and actually scored?  But, on the other hand, I can understand Kane having a snakebit night, but I sure can't understand the idiot losing his cool and taking a penalty that cost the Hawks a point, at least.  Stupid penalty from a guy who is supposed to showing the rookies how the game is played and who is making $10.5 million a year.  I know, he has been playing really well lately and I don't blame him for being snakebit tonight on offense, but that penalty was Junior league bush crap.  He should be scoring in these games, just like his buddy, Toews.  Maybe they are extending professional courtesy to the Preds and the Blues. 

Jack...come on jack...the lack of showing up against the Preds isn’t a T&K 10.5 x 2 thing...it’s a core thing and a team thing.

All of that is not good enough, IMO.

iknowpuck said on 26 minutes ago:

Jack...come on jack...the lack of showing up against the Preds isn’t a T&K 10.5 x 2 thing...it’s a core thing and a team thing.

All of that is not good enough, IMO.

So, the GS Warriors play the Cavs and Curry and Durant score four and five points respectively.

The Astros play the Dodgers, in a 7 game WS,  and Springer and Altuve go 1 for 28 and 2 for 28 respectively.

Get my point?  C'mon, those two are being paid big bucks to score goals in big games, aren't they?  If that is not one of the reasons for their pay scale, then what the hell is the money for?

But, as I said, Kane had his chances and he was simply snakebit, so I can look past that game.  But, aren't Toews and Kane supposed to light it up against the Preds/Blues/Jets?  Isn't that what highly paid stars are supposed to do?  Remember, I have gotten past my mistaken impression that had they taken less money it would have made a difference, thanks, in part to you.  But, you'll never get me to get past the idea that when they get the big money, they are supposed to get the big goals and that could start anytime now.  I know you know their performance sucked in the last two playoff years and this was the kind of game that would help make up for those chokes. 

Don't get me wrong, I thought the team played a decent game, including Kane and Toews except for Kane's penalty and Toews inability to really get any good scoring chances.  But, they aren't being paid to be decent.  They are being paid to score big goals in big games.  It was a decent team effort and they were in the game all the way through it.  I just think that those two are choking when it comes to big games and need to start scoring a few goals in this kind of game to be the stars they are supposed to be.  You really can't dispute that, can you? 

You are sooo fixed on T&K and what they are paid.  

How about Keith last night?  He’s a core player.  How did he contribute to the loss?  Are you not sooo fixed on him because he doesn’t make 10.5?

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 7 minutes ago:

You are sooo fixed on T&K and what they are paid.  

How about Keith last night?  He’s a core player.  How did he contribute to the loss?  Are you not sooo fixed on him because he doesn’t make 10.5?

I am not fixated on what they are being paid except in the sense that it indicates that they are "stars".  Isn't that how stars are measured in sports?  I could write everything I write and just say they are supposed to be stars and not mention their salaries and the intent would be the same.  You did not address my examples from other sports, which perfectly illustrated how piss poor their performance has been against the Preds and Blues.  Talk about my examples and they compare to T&K's Blues/Preds performances, not T&K's salaries. 

Get real about Keith and scoring goals which was the point of my post.  Do you really expect Keith to score as many goals as Toews and Kane?  You are much smarter than that and should just stick to arguing about what is expected of Toews and Kane in big games, regardless of what they are being paid.  They are expected to score goals in big games and they have continually choked and not produced against the Preds and Blues.  Isn't that right?  Or, am I unaware of all the games in the last couple of years against those teams where those two have lit the lamps so often that they burned them out? 

Edited by jacksalmon

Goals aren’t the only variable in winning games.

I do expect more from T&K...but it doesn’t stop there for me...which is my point.

I don’t expect Keith to score as many goals as them.  But, as a veteran, well paid, experienced, core member, I do expect him to help keep them out of our net. 

Add Seabs to that.

The list goes on past T&K...regardless of their pay...it’s more about their level of experience where I set expectation...you seem to set it on what they are paid...and ONLY that.

Ex: Keith is on a somewhat “friendly deal.”  Should we expect less of him based on what he is paid...which is less than 10.5...versus his experience as a core member cup winner?

Gumby-1 said on 12 hours ago:

Shoulda beat the Bolts too!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 6 minutes ago:

Goals aren’t the only variable in winning games.

I do expect more from T&K...but it doesn’t stop there for me...which is my point.

I don’t expect Keith to score as many goals as them.  But, as a veteran, well paid, experienced, core member, I do expect him to help keep them out of our net. 

Add Seabs to that.

The list goes on past T&K...regardless of their pay...it’s more about their level of experience where I set expectation...you seem to set it on what they are paid...and ONLY that.

Ex: Keith is on a somewhat “friendly deal.”  Should we expect less of him based on what he is paid...which is less than 10.5...versus his experience as a core member cup winner?

I would agree with you completely on Keith.  I would expect as much from him on what he does well (defense) regardless of pay, as I would from T&K with regard to scoring and what else they are expected to do. With Toews it is win faceoffs and help the PK, with Kane I guess it is set up goals.  I just think they should score some big goals regularly in big games and that has nothing to do with their pay.  I guess you don't think they should. 

Regardless of all this, though, IMO, the team has been playing so much better.  At least they are the ones who can get some puck possession, instead of what we were seeing earlier which was most of the game being played in the Hawk d end. 

If you spent a little time thinking about Curry and Durant scoring four and five points against the Cavs and Springer and Altuve going 2 for 28 against the Dodgers, you would see the point I am trying to make about T&K.  When it comes to big games and crunch time, the stars are supposed to come out and shine, not go scoreless time after time. 

Edited by jacksalmon

hsbob said on 2 minutes ago:

Shoulda beat the Bolts too!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Shoulda, woulda and coulda tho, bob.

Need to.

Can’t miss on the points or we could miss on the playoffs.

The AHL team the boys beat the shiit outta Monday night went into StLou and got two tonight..........AHL team!LOFL!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

jacksalmon said on 1 minute ago:

I would agree with you completely on Keith.  I would expect as much from him on what he does well (defense) regardless of pay, as I would from T&K with regard to scoring and what else they are expected to do. With Toews it is win faceoffs and help the PK, with Kane I guess it is set up goals.  I just think they should score some big goals regularly in big games and that has nothing to do with their pay.  I guess you don't think they should. 

I do think they should score big goals.  Read more of my posts.

But, I expect more from all of the core members...in whatever they are expected to do...and the team for that matter...regardless of their pay...you really can’t seem to look past their compensation.

Creature1958 said on 21 hours ago:

M-J while I see where your logic is there is also a need to get Forsberg ready to handle any situation that may arise such as an injury to CC. You can't just keep putting Forsberg in against weaker teams. This is going to be a tough schedule coming up and Forsberg is the back-up.....they need to get him ready because they are not just going to go out and get another one. He looked good against a rested Pred team that is sure to make the PO's ..he needs more games like this not less.

OK, I get your point , this is fair response unlike those "goalie was not a factor in the loss".

iknowpuck said on 13 hours ago:

I do think they should score big goals.  Read more of my posts.

But, I expect more from all of the core members...in whatever they are expected to do...and the team for that matter...regardless of their pay...you really can’t seem to look past their compensation.

As I told you before, which you seem to ignore, my criticism still stands without any mention of their salaries.  I criticize because they don't seem to score goals in big games against the Preds and Blues when they are needed most.  Springer, Altuve, Curry and Durant all came through in their big games, but, lately, Toews and Kane have not. 

If you think they are supposed to score big goals, then why not engage in a little justified criticism when they don't?  So, just for you, next time they go scoreless in a "big game", I'll just mention that and skip any reference to how much they make.  Is it ok to call them the "big stars"? 

Edited by jacksalmon

Read more of your own posts...you connect T&K to their salaries quite often.

Read more of my posts...I do “criticize.”

I don’t respond to your basketball examples on a hockey message board when I want to post about hockey.

Please call them big stars if you chose.  Are you critical of Crosby when he doesn’t score a goal in a big game?  By your definition of big star and big game I hope you do it every time.  

It happens.  I wasn’t disappointed in Kane against the Preds because he didn’t score...it happens to big stars too...he was a bit unlucky in that regard.  I was disappointed that an experienced core member like him took a dumb penalty that was costly.

If you do read more of my posts on JT you will read that I believe he should be doing more regardless of his role...but do want to see if he can still be in a bigger goal scoring role.  Then I expect him to score more as well...regardless of his 10.5.  My eye test wonders.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 14 minutes ago:

Read more of your own posts...you connect T&K to their salaries quite often.

Read more of my posts...I do “criticize.”

I don’t respond to your basketball examples on a hockey message board when I want to post about hockey.

Please call them big stars if you chose.  Are you critical of Crosby when he doesn’t score a goal in a big game?  By your definition of big star and big game I hope you do it every time.  

It happens.  I wasn’t disappointed in Kane against the Preds because he didn’t score...it happens to big stars too...he was a bit unlucky in that regard.  I was disappointed that an experienced core member like him took a dumb penalty that was costly.

If you do read more of my posts on JT you will read that I believe he should be doing more regardless of his role...but do want to see if he can still be in a bigger goal scoring role.  Then I expect him to score more as well...regardless of his 10.5.  My eye test wonders.

First of all, I don't give a damn about Crosby.  As far as I am concerned, if he took off for Pyongyang, that would be fine with me. 

I realize that big stars are not going to score in every game.  But, when they have a habit, like T&K, of not scoring in big games, then something is haywire.  Please go back and take a look at the score sheets in the Blues 2016 and Preds 2017 playoff series.  T&K were both chokers in each of those series.  It would have been nice to have one of them score against the Preds on Tuesday to at least get a point, but they don't seem to be able to do that in Blues/Preds games when they are most needed.

We agree on Kane the other night.  As I said, I think he was just snakebit offensively, but he was an absolute moron to take that penalty.  If I was Q, I would have let him serve his time and then told him to go get dressed, cuz he was done for the night.   We also agree on JT and the fact that he should be scoring a few more.  We also agree that this team is improving, whether or not T&K score.  Just think how much better they would be if they did. 

jacksalmon said on 12 minutes ago:

First of all, I don't give a damn about Crosby.  As far as I am concerned, if he took off for Pyongyang, that would be fine with me. 

I realize that big stars are not going to score in every game.  But, when they have a habit, like T&K, of not scoring in big games, then something is haywire.  Please go back and take a look at the score sheets in the Blues 2016 and Preds 2017 playoff series.  T&K were both chokers in each of those series.  It would have been nice to have one of them score against the Preds on Tuesday to at least get a point, but they don't seem to be able to do that in Blues/Preds games when they are most needed.

We agree on Kane the other night.  As I said, I think he was just snakebit offensively, but he was an absolute moron to take that penalty.  If I was Q, I would have let him serve his time and then told him to go get dressed, cuz he was done for the night.   We also agree on JT and the fact that he should be scoring a few more.  We also agree that this team is improving, whether or not T&K score.  Just think how much better they would be if they did. 

I don’t give a damn about Crosby either but I was comparing a big hockey star to our two big hockey stars.  I think it’s a fair comparison.

But, you do give a damn about comparing Curry and Durant to our two big hockey stars.

jacksalmon said on 15 hours ago:

I know I'll get flax for this because I'll be picking on the superstar who always gets the free pass for everything because he can dangle a puck when he is on open ice but he gets taken off the puck way too easy,doesn't go into the corners to fight for the puck etc.... Why? Sure he has amazing skills he came into the league with those skills but what has he done in 10 years to improve them? In 10 years he could have bulked up so he is not knocked off the puck so easily or could hold his own when fighting for the puck.....He didn't and gets a pass on it. Imagine how much better he would be if he had done that. Everybody is tearing JT apart but he is playing his shifts and the PP along with the PK he is putting up hard 2 way minutes every night and I just can't say that about Kane.

iknowpuck said on 18 hours ago:

I don’t give a damn about Crosby either but I was comparing a big hockey star to our two big hockey stars.  I think it’s a fair comparison.

But, you do give a damn about comparing Curry and Durant to our two big hockey stars.

If you don't get the comparison to Curry and Durant in my example, then you don't get it,   I'll try one more time to help you get it.  If Curry and Durant scored four and five points, respectively, in a game against the Cavs, everyone would say they choked and had crap games.  T&K frequently do not produce in the big games against the Blues and Preds.  Therefore, like Curry and Durant in my example, they are chokers and have crap games against the Blues and Preds, especially when it comes to playoff time.