The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/25 Hawks vs Panthers

iknowpuck said on 1 minute ago:

Hold the presses...HIM agreed with me...we just went through a four corner intersection...without stop lights or stop signs...and didn’t hit each other...that’s progress...like our team tonight!

Good one Puck, that sure is progress.

Edited by hawkinmontreal
  • Like 1

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

I saw you post something about Sam Reinhart in the GM section, he would be a good addition but the Hawks need someone more proven, like for example when they picked up John Maden and or Sammy Paulson. 

No...go back in this thread...I posted my 3C thoughts on this current roster.

No...go back in this thread...I posted my 3C thoughts on this current roster.

Kero is an idea, at least for the short term. I mean anything is better than Hartman currently.

• Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 minute ago:

what about don't fix what is working well ? Not enough experiments between game 3 and game 17 ?

There is plenty to still learn before decisions can be made on who to move and who to try and get...who can play together and who can’t...you’ve been critical of Q’s blender but it’s been Q’s blender that has made some things work and also show the biggest holes on the team (Hartman at 3C for example).

hawkinmontreal said on 1 minute ago:

Kero is an idea, at least for the short term. I mean anything is better than Hartman currently.

I think I just liked another one of your posts.

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

hope this game jump starts jonny's game. we need his scoring big time.

If he drove the net more, like he use to, the scoring chances would be there. His philosophies have changed over the years and that is the main reason for Tazer not being what he once was.

The response from a lucky play...sometimes luck is your best friend...the lamp went on!

If it takes luck to get him moving, I am sure everyone will be happy.

every forward's TOI was in double digits tonight.

me likey.

and keith led the team in ice time but it was only 22:18. that's gotta' be his lowest total in a long time.

• Like 2

hawkinmontreal said on 12 minutes ago:

If it takes luck to get him moving, I am sure everyone will be happy.

Something needs to get him going.  It just hasn’t been good enough (see jack, I just dumped).

I really think adding a better goal scoring winger like D-cat may help JT...while Panik may help build a better checking line.

Would you rather be checked by D-cat or Panik?  No need to answer that one.

Edited by iknowpuck

tsilver said on 4 minutes ago:

Good win ! Keep em coming. Next up,a banged up Anaheim team.

Yes, need points, points and more points.

I guess parity has not stuck Florida yet.  But, this was the kind of team that the Hawks were playing poorly against before the Rangers game.  After that one, they have certainly picked up their pace and quality of play.  Very good effort tonight and even Toews got 3 points.  The PK did it again.  These guys are looking much better.

Having said that, though, Is Hinostroza that bad that he can't get promoted and Schmaltz or Hartman sent down.  Those latter two guys have not done squat, so maybe it is time for someone from Rockford to get a shot, or Kero.  Anyway, good to see this turnaround and I hope they can continue it.  Big test Tuesday night in Nashville, though. 

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 3 hours ago:

There is plenty to still learn before decisions can be made on who to move and who to try and get...who can play together and who can’t...you’ve been critical of Q’s blender but it’s been Q’s blender that has made some things work and also show the biggest holes on the team (Hartman at 3C for example).

here is (IMO) a diference between how fans think and what's the reality.When fans would move player(s) up and down in the lineup they think about quality of linemates, ie a forward who's playing well on bottom line should be moved asap up to the better linemates.But in fact, moving players up and down is primarily based on level of competition they can handle.So it's not "he's playing well, so move him up to Toews", but "is he good enough to play well against Stamkos and Hedman instead of X and Y ?" If the answer is yes, then it's great, move him up and be ready to pay him 6M+ salary in the next contract.So in this case, the correct question would be, is 19-years old rookie ready to play against league best forwards and top dmen and keep his performance/production he had in the 3rd line ? I don't know, but this is the point..

OK, let's try him but I'd wait for some bad series, I'd not experiment utill Hawks are playing well and winning games.

As for Hartman, holes cant be fixed by moving "bad" players up and down, it's fixing hole via creating new one.It can be done by replacing "bad" player in the roster with better (non roster atm) player.The problem for Q is that Hawks roster is full 23/23 and all players (except Dcat) are waivers eligible, so he has to wait until someone is injured :/

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Like 1

I liked the jump they had last night. Looked faster and played with more desire than they have had in many games this year. Hope they keep it up. Go Hawks

• Like 2

txyak said on 4 minutes ago:

I liked the jump they had last night. Looked faster and played with more desire than they have had in many games this year. Hope they keep it up. Go Hawks

Sitting in last place in the central could have something to do with that.

jacksalmon said on 10 hours ago:

I guess parity has not stuck Florida yet.  But, this was the kind of team that the Hawks were playing poorly against before the Rangers game.  After that one, they have certainly picked up their pace and quality of play.  Very good effort tonight and even Toews got 3 points.  The PK did it again.  These guys are looking much better.

Having said that, though, Is Hinostroza that bad that he can't get promoted and Schmaltz or Hartman sent down.  Those latter two guys have not done squat, so maybe it is time for someone from Rockford to get a shot, or Kero.  Anyway, good to see this turnaround and I hope they can continue it.  Big test Tuesday night in Nashville, though. 

I think parity did indeed strike the Panthers jack. They won their division with 103pts two years ago,the following summer,their ownership changed GM's who changed the HC.......parity gets you there........good personnel decisions keep you there. Team owners moved Talon back to the GM spot but Gallant is in Vegas winnin' games and Talon has to figure out how to get the team back to where they were. Parity only seems to weaken the strong teams.........even parity can't keep the poorly run teams from eating their young!

To answer your question,Hino has looked real good out there this year but I'm sure you know that,interesting way to phrase the question though. I believe the players you want sent down(after a convincing road win?) would have to clear waivers so we'd probably see a trade before demotions. To be honest,carrying eight D-men is what's keeping Hino in Rockford and I'd rethink that with the seven other D-men we currently have.

I like Sharpie and welcomed him back but when I look at the score sheet and how well a much maligned TT is doin' these days........I might be a bit more patient with the kids.

I enjoy our back n forth jack but sometimes I wonder if you order the 'unhappy meal' when you visit Mickey D's...LOL!     

GO HAWKS!!!!!       

• Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 10 hours ago:

here is (IMO) a diference between how fans think and what's the reality.When fans would move player(s) up and down in the lineup they think about quality of linemates, ie a forward who's playing well on bottom line should be moved asap up to the better linemates.But in fact, moving players up and down is primarily based on level of competition they can handle.So it's not "he's playing well, so move him up to Toews", but "is he good enough to play well against Stamkos and Hedman instead of X and Y ?" If the answer is yes, then it's great, move him up and be ready to pay him 6M+ salary in the next contract.So in this case, the correct question would be, is 19-years old rookie ready to play against league best forwards and top dmen and keep his performance/production he had in the 3rd line ? I don't know, but this is the point..

OK, let's try him but I'd wait for some bad series, I'd not experiment utill Hawks are playing well and winning games.

As for Hartman, holes cant be fixed by moving "bad" players up and down, it's fixing hole via creating new one.It can be done by replacing "bad" player in the roster with better (non roster atm) player.The problem for Q is that Hawks roster is full 23/23 and all players (except Dcat) are waivers eligible, so he has to wait until someone is injured :/

So, is Q just a fan and not a coach?  What you just posted is what he does/is doing.  His blender stays on until he gets what he wants.

I would like to see D-cat with better players and against better players to see if it’s something he can do.  I would like to see if the offensive production from that line can go up AND be more consistent.

I would like to see Panik in a checking role.  I think he would be better suited in not being on a line that needs to score.

I’m just a fan.

Edited by iknowpuck

I got to say, that was a pro Power Play... They had every guy moving with purpose ...Am impressed , now they can cement that one to muscle memory and do another one with DK on top....I like that signature back pedal skate he does with such ease ...when he is moving like that he has complete control over the shot attempt , he just looks for spots .....Spots could be a stick a bounce whatever not only a shot attempt ....

Coining a phrase from a board member Franson shoots first , than asks ......still better words Franson shoots for strategic advantage or goals ....

hey they are trying practicing and getting visibly better...The compete level is on the uptick 

last game that is .....

Kane has been focusing on intangibles i dunno maybe 10 games or so .....its noticeable 

Edited by PuckProphet
  • Upvote 1

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

I think parity did indeed strike the Panthers jack. They won their division with 103pts two years ago,the following summer,their ownership changed GM's who changed the HC.......parity gets you there........good personnel decisions keep you there. Team owners moved Talon back to the GM spot but Gallant is in Vegas winnin' games and Talon has to figure out how to get the team back to where they were. Parity only seems to weaken the strong teams.........even parity can't keep the poorly run teams from eating their young!

To answer your question,Hino has looked real good out there this year but I'm sure you know that,interesting way to phrase the question though. I believe the players you want sent down(after a convincing road win?) would have to clear waivers so we'd probably see a trade before demotions. To be honest,carrying eight D-men is what's keeping Hino in Rockford and I'd rethink that with the seven other D-men we currently have.

I like Sharpie and welcomed him back but when I look at the score sheet and how well a much maligned TT is doin' these days........I might be a bit more patient with the kids.

I enjoy our back n forth jack but sometimes I wonder if you order the 'unhappy meal' when you visit Mickey D's...LOL!     

GO HAWKS!!!!!       

Thanks, Bob, with your waivers comment, you pointed out something I did not get.  I fail to understand some of the fine points of the administrative details.  All I know is that when I see Schmaltz or Hartman, I see two players who don't do much.  So, I wondered if it would make sense to give Hino a shot.  I guess you have described why he is still buried in Rockford.  Also, your patience comment makes some sense, as I have much more of a knee jerk reaction to seeing S & H flailing around game after game. 

As for the unhappy meat, I have made plenty of positive comments through the years when I thought they were deserved.  In general, my comment on this Panther game was a positive one except for the knock on S & H. 

Late to the party, but I have to say this was the best team game since #2.  Keep it up boys!

• Like 1