The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/22 Hawks vs Lightning

jacksalmon said on 10 minutes ago:

The compliment was sincere.  Some posters, like you, have true insight into the game.  Others, like myself, just spout off opinions.  I remember that other post of yours, but I thought you were proposing Shaw instead of Pacioretty.  If they could do the Gal/Pac deal, I think it would be a coup.  Who knows what SB has in mind; or even what is possible for him to do. 

In general, though, I think your thought is that the rookies have not demonstrated enough to have faith in them that they can deliver a Cup with the core.  So, jettison them and get some veteran help for a core that is probably fading some and get that done before the core fades away to a point that nothing will help.  Right? 

YES, YES  and more YES. If we wait last year, this year and next year, and still no progress with the kids as far as playoff production, that’s 3 wasted years and nothing to show for it, do we try newer kids? And waste the last couple years of the cores  value? And slip from playoff contender to missing the playoffs? We lost Hossa, whether it was to age or illness or whatever, we lost a huge part and a future HHOFer for a kid that can’t cut it. We need to solidify the top 6 first. I have a lot of confidence this year in our bottom 6, I think we can form a shut down line, and form an energy line. We need regular scoring. And the Habs May be willing to blow it up, and try with kids and picks!!! 

insufficientfunds said on 9 minutes ago:

Don't trade the youth the get older.

Supplementing the core is not what it seems, the core is older now.

The last time they did it made sense , and was when they got Ladd back and added Weis and Fleishman.

I think they took the blues to 7 games after being down 3 -1.

My belief is the core of the team is in decline , and too far over the line to return.

Just let the tem grow organically , while still being competitive.

This would be unacceptable in my book. By getting guys that are hungry for a win like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, they could solidify the top 6 and take the pressures off of the core guys and provide primary scoring while the core provides secondary scoring, hence, a balanced attack, last night when the game mattered, the big guys stepped up, they will do so again in the playoffs if they have the horses to help!!!

Big-T said on 4 minutes ago:

YES, YES  and more YES. If we wait last year, this year and next year, and still no progress with the kids as far as playoff production, that’s 3 wasted years and nothing to show for it, do we try newer kids? And waste the last couple years of the cores  value? And slip from playoff contender to missing the playoffs? We lost Hossa, whether it was to age or illness or whatever, we lost a huge part and a future HHOFer for a kid that can’t cut it. We need to solidify the top 6 first. I have a lot of confidence this year in our bottom 6, I think we can form a shut down line, and form an energy line. We need regular scoring. And the Habs May be willing to blow it up, and try with kids and picks!!! 

T, the ONE reason I'd say that Montreal would not want to "blow it up" is the contract they gave to Price.  You don't normally "blow it up" after doing something like that.

GigECJ said on 18 minutes ago:

T, the ONE reason I'd say that Montreal would not want to "blow it up" is the contract they gave to Price.  You don't normally "blow it up" after doing something like that.

They’ve already been talking about trading him before that kicks in, so the “blow it up mode” is close to happening. Let’s say they don’t trade Price, they got a good goalie to build around, and build from “the net out”. If done properly, they could be down for 2 years, and have their top picks playing for them. Right now, they got nothing going on and will be in even worse decline over the next two years, cuz Pacioretty will leave free agency anyways, so it may be best to get something decent for their guys while they can. Plus they got Danault, Drouin, Byron, Mitchell, all to help out. The Leaves did it quick, cuz they had a ton of assets, the Habs could do it too!!!

insufficientfunds said on 2 hours ago:

Don't trade the youth the get older.

Supplementing the core is not what it seems, the core is older now.

The last time they did it made sense , and was when they got Ladd back and added Weis and Fleishman.

I think they took the blues to 7 games after being down 3 -1.

My belief is the core of the team is in decline , and too far over the line to return.

Just let the tem grow organically , while still being competitive.

It seems to me that the issues are:

1.  Whether to trust that the core has enough left in them to get another Cup;

2.  If one has that trust about the core; then:

(a)  do they require veteran help to get that done; or

(b)  can they do it with the current crew;

3.  If one thinks the core is in decline and cannot win a Cup with either veteran help, or the current crew, then rebuilding is required and how to go about getting that done is the next question to be answered.  I assume there are many different approaches to that, so I won't even start listing the possibilities. 

7675daa4-fe85-4983-9903-e150defab2d3.png

pretty good job by our 3L and 4L and Forsling, Ruuta as they didnt allow score the actually best line in the NHL..

Also Anisimov line slightly outplayed Bolts second line, Toews line had easiest matchup (but still had to play against ops best pairing in Hedman/Schustr)  but didn't take the advantage.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Big-T said on On 11/23/2017 at 11:31 AM:

The set back will suck no matter what. I’m not convinced on Schmaltz and Hartman, they look too timid to lead a team offensively. We’ve seen their type many many many times before, and we’ll see em again. Dcat is the only one that’s got some offensive flair, but I fear that offensive out put is shut down come playoff time, as his size is still a massive concern. Dylan Sikura is still coming and is the same size as Dcat, we can’t have that many smaller guys. So Dcat can be expendable, we owe it to our core guys to give it a shot. We’ve gave the kids almost a year and a half, and we’ve seen nothing special, it’s not going to magically happen, they have to prove it, and I have zero confidence they will!!!

I'm still a hopeful with the little guys. Theo Fluery,Dino Ciccarelli, Andrew Shaw all between 5'6"-5'10" and about 180 lbs. The first 2 were in a tougher league yet were major net front presence guys. I'm hoping either D-cat,Anthony Louis or Sikura can be like that.