Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/18 Hawks vs Pens

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

was that a "cheers"?

or was it a "you're right."

:P

:D

A cheers... we'll have a smoke and toast in person if paths cross in Chicago, Thailand, Canada or elsewhere on the blue marble.

• Like 1

Question:   What's with the stupid horn blowing, three times before each crowd chant of "Let's go Pens!" and all this while play is going on?  I thought it was a no no to have any noise makers in NHL rinks.  I remember this happening throughout the playoffs at the Pens rink last year.  They should stop that (the NHL front office).

Edited by hawks27
  • Like 1

galaxytrash said on 50 minutes ago:

Yep. I forget how the play set up but four Pens in deep and the Hawks outmanned. I think it was after Kane turned it over with the Pen net empty so maybe someone got caught up ice. Seabrook looks to have got his stick in there on the Kessel shot, a nice desperate play, but a great save anyways by Crow. What a nail biter of a game. 

Edited by tincup61
  • Like 1

Missed most of this one...but I liked the outcome. 

In prospect news, Jokihariju got an assist in the Winterhawks 3-1 victory over Regina.  😊

• Like 1

had to dvr the game, just watched it.  one of the best efforts ive seen this season

think it was tazers best 60 minutes of the year as well

Crow was Crow, really wouldve liked the team to rough up Malkin after that hit a bit, but thats about the norm for the Hawks i guess.

really happy and surprised by this game. made my night!

• Like 1

They surprised the hell out of me, but I was glad about it.  Crawford has been the best Hawk player all year and Anisimov is coming on for a strong second.  His net front presence, especially on the PP, is getting better and better.  They even scored 2 on the PP.  What is going on with them?  Maybe they are starting to gel as a team.  It is fun to watch again.  I still hate Letang with a passion and wish nothing but the worst for his sorry ass.  I don't care how good he is, he will never ever pass up an opportunity for a cheap shot. 

• Like 2

davebrau said on 2 hours ago:

had to dvr the game, just watched it.  one of the best efforts ive seen this season

think it was tazers best 60 minutes of the year as well

Crow was Crow, really wouldve liked the team to rough up Malkin after that hit a bit, but thats about the norm for the Hawks i guess.

really happy and surprised by this game. made my night!

I agree, he made a few nice passes for high quality chances and was skating hard out there.

Keith finally scored, to bad it was on Crow and broke his shutout. 

Hawks with a few posts, 2 in the first, would've been a different game if they were up 3-4 goals after the first but it was nice to see them not implode after giving up the tying goal. 

Nice to see the PP finally clicking, 2 big goals. And the PK was huge. 

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 1 minute ago:

.....would've been a different game if they were up 3-4 goals after the first but it was nice to see them not implode after giving up the tying goal. 

no...i think we're better off with 1 goal leads.  :)

• Like 1

GigECJ said on 5 hours ago:

AA has so much poise around the net.  Reminds me a bit of Michel Goulet.

Believe it or not, I always loved Goulet, when he went hard into the boards in Chicago stadium, and his career ended in the early 90s. I kinda took #16 as a tribute to him. Now my boy has asked me what number I was, and I showed him my jerseys, and he has wondered why I was #16, I won’t tell him, he asked me why I wasn’t #27 cuz I loved Roenick, I just said, you gotta find your own way. And I do find it amazing that he has my number, but I’d feel better if he had his own, for whatever reason!!!

galaxytrash said on 3 hours ago:

You know Bubbles, I have never doubted that Crawford is a top goalie, he proved it tonight. If the Hawks have an awesome team in front of him and limit the chances, cool, guys like “The Darling” have benefited from an awesome defense, and now The Darling has seen it from the other side. It’s a lot better on Chicago!!!

• Upvote 1

Very good team win and great win by CC...a little bit of both last night.  Nice to see.

Glad to see my guy CC still on top of his game😜.

number-9 said on 10 hours ago:

Maybe that's a good thing, Gives him a chip on his shoulder.

I agree with that, however when you have accomplished what he has, he deserves more respect than what he gets. You always here about Bobrovski, Lundquist Price, and countless other goalies but the truth is I would keep CC over anyone of them. Even with an aging decor and a slew of new players on the backend he is still at the top of his game and the main reason right now the Hawks are still able to compete with the higher talented talented teams in the NHL. 

Apart from CC, I think Q is starting to realize that Keith and Seabs ice time has to be cut for them to be more efficient and give more trust in the hands of the younger guys with a dose of Franson and Kemp and Murphy. Forsling and Rutta are looking very good together which is a great sign for this team. 

Last night was a good team victory and hopefully the Hawks grow together as a team and keep moving forward. Tampa will be a good test on Wednesday.

Edited by hawkinmontreal
  • Like 1

hawkinmontreal said on 2 hours ago:

Last night was a good team victory and hopefully the Hawks grow together as a team and keep moving forward. Tampa will be a good test on Wednesday.

Only way to put it .....

I complain when the Hawks don't pass well ... actually I become an annoying ass with my rants about the Hawks poor passing. While I don't think my tirades are wrong - I do acknowledge they are tedious. However, I do give praise when they pass well too - it's not always negativity. Well, last night they passed well. They did very well in all three phases of the pass game - passing, receiving, and decision making on when or when not to pass. When the Hawks pass well they play fast and when they play fast they are a pretty good team. While it's noteworthy the Pens are not a good defensive team and not a good forechecking team either, and those two thing factored in to the Hawks good execution last night, but the Hawks didn't have a bunch of unforced errors and that is more attributable to their good play then the Pens poor play.

All in all a pretty good game and a fun game to watch.

EbonyRaptor said on 2 hours ago:

I complain when the Hawks don't pass well ... actually I become an annoying ass with my rants about the Hawks poor passing. While I don't think my tirades are wrong - I do acknowledge they are tedious. However, I do give praise when they pass well too - it's not always negativity. Well, last night they passed well. They did very well in all three phases of the pass game - passing, receiving, and decision making on when or when not to pass. When the Hawks pass well they play fast and when they play fast they are a pretty good team. While it's noteworthy the Pens are not a good defensive team and not a good forechecking team either, and those two thing factored in to the Hawks good execution last night, but the Hawks didn't have a bunch of unforced errors and that is more attributable to their good play then the Pens poor play.

All in all a pretty good game and a fun game to watch.

I think many of us fall into a similar boat ER:  praising them when deserved and ripping them when warranted.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

The Hawks do seem to be progressing.  I am encouraged.  And, I have always agreed with you regarding passing.  It could be considered their driving force.   Have PASS, will travel.

Edited by GigECJ

GigECJ said on 2 hours ago:

I think many of us fall into a similar boat ER:  praising them when deserved and ripping them when warranted.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

The Hawks do seem to be progressing.  I am encouraged.  And, I have always agreed with you regarding passing.  It could be considered their driving force.   Have PASS, will travel.

I agree Gig. Nothing wrong with expressing your feelings on a poor performance. I was at my Spitfires game today, they looked very lethargic and non interested, season ticket holders get to “skate with the Spits” after the game. It’s mostly for the kids on Sunday games, anyways I was talking with Logan Brown, the Sens 1st rounder in 2016. And I was telling him from my point of view the team looked more hungover then me. He laughed and said “Ya, we were a bit unprepared”. None the less, I’ve talked to him a bit throughout the last few years and wanted him to know that we support him, but they’ve gotta put in a decent effort at home. My son told him he’s his favourite OHL player, and he wanted to see him score a goal,  but the Spits got shut out today. I said to him, you don’t realize how much these kids here idolize you, he said that’s really cool to hear. We had a laugh and I said, don’t make me feel like I’m wasting money, I had more fun watching (Cliff) Pu on London, yes that’s right, his last name is pronounced poo. Anyways, it’s always good to get out the bad taste in your mouth. I’m still super pissed about the 2014 Conference final game 7!!!

• Like 1

damn...that's too bad.

Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will not play against the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday because of an upper-body injury.

After practicing Monday, Malkin didn't skate Tuesday because of the injury sustained in a 2-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 2 hours ago:

damn...that's too bad.

Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will not play against the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday because of an upper-body injury.

After practicing Monday, Malkin didn't skate Tuesday because of the injury sustained in a 2-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.

That's what he gets for messing around with Crawford.