The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Creature1958

Where is the leadership ?

mvr said on 2 hours ago:

If the veteran players are not demonstrating "emotions on the bench,"  I believe this is a good sign of strong leadership.

The core players must at this stage be extremely frustrated.   If they are maintaining composure, this is a good thing.

I agree that not going crazy on the bench and staying positive is absolutely a good thing. but sometimes a little fire doesn't hurt, either. 

• Like 2

vadarx said on 8 hours ago:

I agree that not going crazy on the bench and staying positive is absolutely a good thing. but sometimes a little fire doesn't hurt, either. 

I never want to see Toews go crazy and be ranting. But he is not showing that fire as before. As I tried to explain earlier he was that beacon of light on the bench. If a soft goal was let in or if they came out flat and were down some goals you could just see how he could calm the bench with the "that's OK boys we will get them back" and we sat back as fans knowing that it was probably going to happen. That is missing now but why? There are enough players to make this a deep playoff team and they have started other years with a little worse as far as depth and talent yet were still successful. Again I don't see the great drop off in his play as others have opined but I do see a fall off in his demeanor. Does he believe that what is here is not good enough? Is he just frustrated that Q is playing merry-go-players that he has done for years and it has gotten to a boiling point where he feels that he needs to stop it and let the lines work together to figure things out? So it's just what I see at this point and has been like this since the last playoffs against Nashville. I don't see SB leading,I don't see Q leading and I don't see JT leading and as mvr has stated it looks like a disorganized mess and I agree but the only way it gets that way is either lack of leadership,,too many Chiefs and not enough Indians and all those other saying that go with when something is wrong.

vadarx said on 16 hours ago:

I think Q manages the egos in the room. I think Toews is playing decent but not well enough to be considered leading by example. I think the other leaders in the room were done being leaders June 16th 2015 and are mostly just going through the motions now...

By the looks of things he's failing at managing egos like the Tacoma Narrows bridge failed back in 1940. 

• Like 1

LordKOTL said on 25 minutes ago:

By the looks of things he's failing at managing egos like the Tacoma Narrows bridge failed back in 1940. 

Is the Tacoma Narrows Bridge failure an apt metaphor for the Hawks? If the center starts to falter, the whole thing may come tumbling down.  Or maybe, if the entire thing was engineered poorly from the start, failure is inevitable. By the way. I’ve always wondered who the guy with the pipe is and how calmly he walks himself off that bridge.

tincup61 said on 48 minutes ago:

Is the Tacoma Narrows Bridge failure an apt metaphor for the Hawks? If the center starts to falter, the whole thing may come tumbling down.  Or maybe, if the entire thing was engineered poorly from the start, failure is inevitable. By the way. I’ve always wondered who the guy with the pipe is and how calmly he walks himself off that bridge.

That is some deep **** there buddy some deep **** :lol:

iknowpuck said on 18 hours ago:

WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP?

I think a lot of it is in Czechoslovakia.

You mean Rozsival? :P

blkhwks918 said on 18 hours ago:

Not sure, and it's hard to really say because none of us sit on the bench or are in the locker room.

That said, a player, can't remember who, said earlier this year, paraphrasing, "We realized after the Pittsburgh game, that we can't play that hard all year." To just casually drop that to the media speaks to what appears to me to be a bit of complacency...

This is exactly right. It's an impossible question to answer. When people talk about trading players, we have their game play to base it off, which is on full display. Leadership isn't on full display -- we see all players talking on the bench, but we don't know what's being said on the ice or in the locker room. The question itself is useless because there are more ways one can lead than by example and because none of us are actually part of the team to know exactly who that is.

But to answer the question more directly, I will take Debrincat's word. Konroyd literally asked him this question last night post-game: who are leaders in the room and who lightens things up when the team is feeling down (paraphrasing). Debrincat said Toews is the leader (he might have said Keith too, but I'm positive he said Toews). He then said Sharp and Seabs lighten things up and know how to make the guys laugh. So, there's your answer -- pretty much the guys everyone assumed (the 3 letter-wearers and an ex-letter-wearer-veteran).

Edited by Granada
  • Like 1

tincup61 said on 5 hours ago:

Interestting...I like the cut of your Jib...but I was just going with a well-known epic failure:P

jaty84 said on 2 hours ago:

You mean Rozsival? :P

Rosie+Hossa....that is pretty much Czech + Slovak :D

Granada said on 22 hours ago:

This is exactly right. It's an impossible question to answer. When people talk about trading players, we have their game play to base it off, which is on full display. Leadership isn't on full display -- we see all players talking on the bench, but we don't know what's being said on the ice or in the locker room. The question itself is useless because there are more ways one can lead than by example and because none of us are actually part of the team to know exactly who that is.

But to answer the question more directly, I will take Debrincat's word. Konroyd literally asked him this question last night post-game: who are leaders in the room and who lightens things up when the team is feeling down (paraphrasing). Debrincat said Toews is the leader (he might have said Keith too, but I'm positive he said Toews). He then said Sharp and Seabs lighten things up and know how to make the guys laugh. So, there's your answer -- pretty much the guys everyone assumed (the 3 letter-wearers and an ex-letter-wearer-veteran).

Well then maybe Konroyd looks at these boards to get the right questions to ask :P