The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Creature1958

Where is the leadership ?

OK let's bring this up. Who do you see as a leader on this team and please give the reason as to why you see it. I would love to tell you who I have seen as a leader but I just can't it was not present in the last playoffs and it's not now. Q is the coach Toews is the Captain do you see fire in their eyes to correct any of the bad play we have seen? WHO LEADS THIS TEAM PLEASE TELL ME. I see nothing.

I think Q manages the egos in the room. I think Toews is playing decent but not well enough to be considered leading by example. I think the other leaders in the room were done being leaders June 16th 2015 and are mostly just going through the motions now...

As far as leading by example goes, I think Wingels is the only guy who brings it every shift.  I always notice him when he's on the ice as he always seems to be moving and hunting the puck.  There does seem to be a lack of a "follow me boys" attitude with this team this year.  We all know how good 81 was and how much he contributed.  Maybe he was the engine that powered the train.

• Like 1

well, Wingels is a vet who hasn't won the cup yet and he looks like he wants to. a lot of the older guys look as though they've already won and aren't really concerned about putting forth the effort required to do so again.

on the subject of Toews leading, I wonder how hard it is for him to lead the vets on the team that came before him. does anyone here think 2 or 7 care too much what 19 might say to them at this point? cuz I kinda doubt them give a damn what he thinks...

vadarx said on 9 minutes ago:

I think Q manages the egos in the room. I think Toews is playing decent but not well enough to be considered leading by example. I think the other leaders in the room were done being leaders June 16th 2015 and are mostly just going through the motions now...

I look and read hey they need to bring in the kids...Well back in 2007 they were bringing in the kids. There were crap players who played on a crap team but somehow were able to show these kids what it takes and how to play in the NHL. They played great when the fault could be placed elsewhere now they look to place the blame elsewhere. I'll try to explain it like this.T&K were electrical apprentices and being taught the tricks of the trade and the bosses seen them as a great group so they give them raises for a job well done. It continues and more companies see how well they are doing and savor over their accomplishments and really,really want them. They are the talk of the town and the country. Then the electrician who taught them retires and thing are not as good and getting worse. Why? They should be teaching everything they learned to the next group and making the company grow. But it doesn't it starts failing because these so called master electricians are not really master electricians because they are calling for electricians to do the work they can't do. Love this core all you want because they brought 3 cups to this city but they were brought up as kids and taught how to lead and succeed yet when given the reins to do that they failed. It's how I look at it and you can disagree but they came into a very fortunate situation with little backlash/downfall and turned it into a treasure trove with help from people who never seen their due. They pay it forward thing has failed they are not here to teach and succeed but to entertain and collect. I'll always be a hawks fan and never anything more and why I call it as I see it. Until they honor what others not on their scale did to make them successful in their careers and then pass it on to the next it's what I'll post.

Gumby-1 said on 22 minutes ago:

As far as leading by example goes, I think Wingels is the only guy who brings it every shift.  I always notice him when he's on the ice as he always seems to be moving and hunting the puck.  There does seem to be a lack of a "follow me boys" attitude with this team this year.  We all know how good 81 was and how much he contributed.  Maybe he was the engine that powered the train.

I hate excuses. And if Wingles is the best example as a leader on this team then look no further than that. SERIOUS problems and Stan playing appease the coach and players as to what is best for them? Buddy these problems are so deep they are looking up to earthworms.

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP?

I think a lot of it is in Czechoslovakia.

Did you have to google that to get the correct spelling? I would have just typed Ohio and not look stupid. Can't do Iowa because being a truck driver for 30 years that just comes to I Outta Went Around. :lol:

Creature1958 said on 9 minutes ago:

Did you have to google that to get the correct spelling? I would have just typed Ohio and not look stupid. Can't do Iowa because being a truck driver for 30 years that just comes to I Outta Went Around. :lol:

Yes.  But I won a spelling bee competition when I was a kid.:lol:

iknowpuck said on 8 minutes ago:

Yes.  But I won a spelling bee competition when I was a kid.:lol:

I would have won but I'm allergic to bees. I'm not allergic to rocks and that is why I always passed with well passing grades because all my tests were against a box of rocks with no bees anywhere around.

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

I hate excuses. And if Wingles is the best example as a leader on this team then look no further than that. SERIOUS problems and Stan playing appease the coach and players as to what is best for them? Buddy these problems are so deep they are looking up to earthworms.

I'm not making excuses or promoting Wingels as the leader.  These were just my observations.  There is no denying Wingels has been the most consistent player not named Crawford game in and game out.  Unfortunately he's not the guy that will get the offense on track.  The money men need to step up, say enough is enough and put forth the effort needed to right the ship.

Creature1958 said on 3 hours ago:

OK let's bring this up. Who do you see as a leader on this team and please give the reason as to why you see it. I would love to tell you who I have seen as a leader but I just can't it was not present in the last playoffs and it's not now. Q is the coach Toews is the Captain do you see fire in their eyes to correct any of the bad play we have seen? WHO LEADS THIS TEAM PLEASE TELL ME. I see nothing.

Not sure, and it's hard to really say because none of us sit on the bench or are in the locker room.

That said, a player, can't remember who, said earlier this year, paraphrasing, "We realized after the Pittsburgh game, that we can't play that hard all year." To just casually drop that to the media speaks to what appears to me to be a bit of complacency...

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

I look and read hey they need to bring in the kids...Well back in 2007 they were bringing in the kids. There were crap players who played on a crap team but somehow were able to show these kids what it takes and how to play in the NHL. They played great when the fault could be placed elsewhere now they look to place the blame elsewhere. I'll try to explain it like this.T&K were electrical apprentices and being taught the tricks of the trade and the bosses seen them as a great group so they give them raises for a job well done. It continues and more companies see how well they are doing and savor over their accomplishments and really,really want them. They are the talk of the town and the country. Then the electrician who taught them retires and thing are not as good and getting worse. Why? They should be teaching everything they learned to the next group and making the company grow. But it doesn't it starts failing because these so called master electricians are not really master electricians because they are calling for electricians to do the work they can't do. Love this core all you want because they brought 3 cups to this city but they were brought up as kids and taught how to lead and succeed yet when given the reins to do that they failed. It's how I look at it and you can disagree but they came into a very fortunate situation with little backlash/downfall and turned it into a treasure trove with help from people who never seen their due. They pay it forward thing has failed they are not here to teach and succeed but to entertain and collect. I'll always be a hawks fan and never anything more and why I call it as I see it. Until they honor what others not on their scale did to make them successful in their careers and then pass it on to the next it's what I'll post.

not gonna disagree that they should be passing that knowledge on, Creetch. but, who's to say that they haven't been. my point is more the young guys look up to not just T&K, but also 2 and 7. ya know, the guys who have been there even longer. while T and K might attempting to lead, the older guys half azzing it isn't gonna be a great influence on the young guys. seems like everyone isn't pulling in the same direction to me, and until that changes, no amount of leadership is going to help.

Gumby-1 said on 5 minutes ago:

I'm not making excuses or promoting Wingels as the leader.  These were just my observations.  There is no denying Wingels has been the most consistent player not named Crawford game in and game out.  Unfortunately he's not the guy that will get the offense on track.  The money men need to step up, say enough is enough and put forth the effort needed to right the ship.

I am asking who you see as the leader of this team. Leaders get teams on track and all you have given me is a core player who has been nothing but on the chopping block since his contract and some newbie who tries hard. I'm guessing that is your answer to who the leaders are as that is all you have given.

Again read what I posted and answer. Who do you see as the leader of this team and why? You didn't you failed I can see how many people viewed this you never answered who is leading the team.

blkhwks918 said on 1 minute ago:

Not sure, and it's hard to really say because none of us sit on the bench or are in the locker room.

That said, a player, can't remember who, said earlier this year, paraphrasing, "We realized after the Pittsburgh game, that we can't play that hard all year." To just casually drop that to the media speaks to what appears to me to be a bit of complacency...

I believe it was 88 who said that...

vadarx said on Just now:

not gonna disagree that they should be passing that knowledge on, Creetch. but, who's to say that they haven't been. my point is more the young guys look up to not just T&K, but also 2 and 7. ya know, the guys who have been there even longer. while T and K might attempting to lead, the older guys half azzing it isn't gonna be a great influence on the young guys. seems like everyone isn't pulling in the same direction to me, and until that changes, no amount of leadership is going to help.

STOP I can get this crap from any thread. Answer the Question. Who do you believe is the leader of this team and why? What have they shown you?

vadarx said on 2 minutes ago:

I believe it was 88 who said that...

Do you believe 88 is the leader? If so say it and give the reason as to why he shows it.

Creature1958 said on 2 minutes ago:

Do you believe 88 is the leader? If so say it and give the reason as to why he shows it.

no, I absolutely do not see Kane as the leader of this, or any, team.

blkhwks918 said on 5 minutes ago:

If you go by that then stop talking about trading players or how much money they make or how it may affect other players or the system or goalies and soft goals on and on and on.......Leaders are noticed and it's not hard to see and leaders don't let their bench get to that point.

vadarx said on 2 minutes ago:

no, I absolutely do not see Kane as the leader of this, or any, team.

I did not start this thread for just talking points that are in every other thread. I believe I made it pretty clear to answer just 1 question and 1 question only. Who do you see as the leader of this team and the reason as to why you see it? I was looking for this to be blank with no replies because there is no leadership period. Some 4th line hometown boy who puts forth effort is far from a leader but if you think so fine. I see a lot of trouble on the horizon if that is the best we have for leadership.

Creature1958 said on 4 minutes ago:

If you go by that then stop talking about trading players or how much money they make or how it may affect other players or the system or goalies and soft goals on and on and on.......Leaders are noticed and it's not hard to see and leaders don't let their bench get to that point.

I'm not talking about trading anyone or any player's salary.

I stated that none of us sit on the bench or are in the locker room. Fact. 

What's your answer to your own question? You don't seem to like anyone else's answer, so let's hear yours.

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 4 minutes ago:

STOP I can get this crap from any thread. Answer the Question. Who do you believe is the leader of this team and why? What have they shown you?

it's a team. there is no singular leader. that's the way it has always been. Toews was always the "leader" according to the media, but it always been apparent that it was a group effort.

I see 19 trying to play as he always has. what he says/does in the lockerroom, I cannot comment on. both on what he might actually say/do or whether it even works. if he is, it certainly seems like it isn't working.

Q does what he has always done. he switches up the lines, get pissy on occasion, whatever. clearly that isn't working either. 

the other two guys wearing a letter on the team are leaders as well and they are doing a piss poor job of doing so.

in summary, I see 19 and Q being leaders and them doing the same thing they've always done. doing what worked before. I see 2 and 7 as leaders as well and they look very disinterested. 

I see 19 and Q trying to lead but are unable because other leaders on the team are not interested in doing their job. which makes their ability to lead difficult, as now the young guys can see older guys they look up to not listening to them, so why should they?

blkhwks918 said on 6 minutes ago:

I'm not talking about trading anyone or any player's salary.

I stated that none of us sit on the bench or are in the locker room. Fact. 

What's your answer to your own question? You don't seem to like anyone else's answer, so let's hear yours.

Did you even read what I typed to start this thread or did you just feel the need to ramble on? Clearly stated I SEE NOTHING read then comprehend OK.

If you see crap happening on the bench as you say and want to go that route then there is nobody correcting that and that means there is no leader.