The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Gumby-1

Joel Quenneville

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

:P

Funny interaction...fact is the guy is a winner...stubborn yes...but what HOF caliber coach doesn’t have some/a lot of that in him.  Just hope he gets past some of it like...............real soon!😜

Edited by iknowpuck

galaxytrash said on 14 hours ago:

:P

That could have devolved quickly....like his appreciation for goalie Ron Tugnutt devolving.

Sharp 14 games w/o a single point, not able to skate or play NHL level but Q still keeps him as old friend in the lineup.Meanwhile Hino scored 8 goals and 17 points in 17 games in AHL.This alone should be reason to fire 'old' coach bc. every coach should do what's the best for the team.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 5 minutes ago:

Sharp 14 games w/o a single point, not able to skate or play NHL level but Q still keeps him as old friend in the lineup.Meanwhile Hino scored 8 goals and 17 points in 17 games in AHL.This alone should be reason to fire 'old' coach bc. every coach should do what's the best for the team.

This ALONE should be why our "old" coach gets fired?  That's absurd.

Our "old" coach may be playing Sharp (over anyone else there) because he trusts him to be responsible defensively...it might not be about points.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 5 minutes ago:

Our "old" coach may be playing Sharp (over anyone else there) because he trusts him to be responsible defensively...it might not be about points.

If that were true he wouldn't have the worst +/- on the team by a large margin, and he's not even matched up against other teams top lines.

I don't agree he should be fired for that alone but Sharp should be moved to the 4th line, let Debrincat play LW on the 3rd line with Hartman and Hayden.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 11 minutes ago:

with ALONE I didnt mean "Sharp"  ("defensively responsible" Hawk with far the team worst -9 plusminus ), we can talk about Seabrook, Ladd, Oduya etc,  but generally the fact he prefers old friendships over quality and success of the team.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

OldTimeHawky said on 1 minute ago:

If that were true he wouldn't have the worst +/- on the team by a large margin, and he's not even matched up against other teams top lines.

I don't agree he should be fired for that alone but Sharp should be moved to the 4th line, let Debrincat play LW on the 3rd line with Hartman and Hayden.

That was my point.  He shouldn't be fired because he is playing Sharp over Hino.

I think he also trusts Sharp...as poorly as he is playing...maybe to a fault.  Is that much different to Seabs and the like?  No.  It's about veteran trust for Q.

In another thread I posted that I thought they should waive Sharp.  I still do.

In another thread I posted that I'd like to see a "kid" in that spot.  I still do.

But you don't fire our "old" HOF coach because Sharp is playing over Hino (and I'd like to see Hino).

Modry-Jazyk said on 7 minutes ago:

with ALONE I didnt mean "Sharp"  ("defensively responsible" Hawk with far the team worst -9 plusminus ), we can talk about Seabrook, Ladd, Oduya etc,  but generally the fact he prefers old friendships over quality and success of the team.

For the most part, I think the coach's loyalty to his players even when they slump is part of what makes him successful.

Nevertheless, I do agree here that Sharp should be given some time off.   It is time to get rid of the eighth defenceman and recall Hinostroza.  

Edited by mvr
  • Like 2

Modry-Jazyk said on 6 minutes ago:

with ALONE I didnt mean "Sharp", we can talk about Seabrook, Ladd, Oduya etc,  but generally the fact he prefers old friendships over quality and success of the team.

Got it.  I read your post that said "this alone"...

mvr said on 1 minute ago:

For the most part, I think the coach's loyalty to his players even when the slump is part of what makes him successful.

Nevertheless, I do agree here that Sharp should be given some time off.   It is time to get rid of the eighth defenceman and recall Hinostroza.  

If the ship is going to sink Q is going down with his veteran boys...not a bunch of rookies.  Isn't that just his style?

It has worked for him over the years and he is a HOF coach.

When the chips are down and the games matter, I would rather have Sharp on the ice than Hinostroza (and I am sure, so would the coach).

For now, I really believe it would be smart to start resting some of these veteran players whenever possible.   I don't get why Seabrook is not rotated out once in a while.  

I would rest Sharp once a week.   He missed basically the entire year last season.   It will likely take him months to get back to his full potential.  

^why?

What 1 thing is Sharp providing right now that any other player can't? Cause I can't see anything.  He doesn't PK. He isn't good on the PP. He can't score goals, he can't skate. He's literally a body.

At the very least Hinostroza brings a speed element to help a team that looks VERY slow in many games, especially against younger teams.

If the rationale is simply that Sharp brings experience that is silly. A team of a bunch of experienced players in their late 30s and early 40s would be among the worst in the league.

I love Sharp. I've taken shots with him at a bar on a few occasions. But he should be retired right now.

• Like 1

I believe Sharp will get better as the season moves along.   He has been playing with a revolving cast of very inexperienced players (Debrincat, Hartman, Hayden etc)  Right now, he is playing on a line with no centre.   He is still finding his legs after missing so much time.

Yesterday, Merper, you told me that I need to give Murphy some time.   Let's not judge Sharp too early either.  

There have been moments when Sharp has looked very good.   I am not ready to give up on the player just yet.

Edited by mvr
  • Like 1

mvr said on 11 minutes ago:

I believe Sharp will get better as the season moves along.   He has been playing with a revolving cast of very inexperienced players (Debrincat, Hartman, Hayden etc)  Right now, he is playing on a line with no centre.   He is still finding his legs after missing so much time.

Yesterday, Merper, you told me that I need to give Murphy some time.   Let's not judge Sharp too early either.  

There have been moments when Sharp has looked very good.   I am not ready to give up on the player just yet.

Because he was a former core player/is now one and you don't believe "veteran leaders" should be moved along?

What is he bringing to the team right now that a younger player can't?

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

Because he was a former core player/is now one and you don't believe "veteran leaders" should be moved along?

What is he bringing to the team right now that a younger player can't?

I'll admit, I haven't been able to watch as closely as I normally do thus far; and I know Sharp is a minus 9 (and iffy stat to base an argument on, but I digress) -- would you honestly want a line of Hinostroza, Hartman, and Debrincat? That's literally an AHL line. At least with Sharp, there is a veteran and NHL-defense-tested presence there. I think Q trusts Sharp a bit more than Hinostroza, who isn't as NHL tested, and I can't necessarily blame him for that. It's not like I would mind if Hinostroza was brought up, so don't get me wrong; I guess I'm just not as up-in-arms about it as some here.

And it's not like Sharp isn't getting chances. He is; he just hasn't been able to finish.

• Like 1

Granada said on 11 minutes ago:

I'll admit, I haven't been able to watch as closely as I normally do thus far; and I know Sharp is a minus 9 (and iffy stat to base an argument on, but I digress) -- would you honestly want a line of Hinostroza, Hartman, and Debrincat? That's literally an AHL line. At least with Sharp, there is a veteran and NHL-defense-tested presence there. I think Q trusts Sharp a bit more than Hinostroza, who isn't as NHL tested, and I can't necessarily blame him for that. It's not like I would mind if Hinostroza was brought up, so don't get me wrong; I guess I'm just not as up-in-arms about it as some here.

And it's not like Sharp isn't getting chances. He is; he just hasn't been able to finish.

No, I wouldn't want that line.  I get why Q plays Sharp...he is a veteran who has proven himself over time...that's Q.  But, at this point, Sharp doesn't bring much to the O or the D...but he checks the Q box (veteran experience/trust).

Here's what I'd like to see, at this point:

Saad - JT - D-cat

Schmaltz - AA - Kane

Hartman - Wingels - Panik

Hino - Kero - Hayden

Or, flip Hartman for Hayden.

mvr said on 1 hour ago:

mvr, come on bud, you're smarter than this...

Murphy is a 24-year-old kid who is still years away from his prime. Yes, we should give him more than 20 games in this system to figure it out and get comfortable. If he's still struggling this badly come March... heck, even at the start of next year then MAYBE it's time to be concerned.

Sharp will be 36 in a month. He is well past his prime and coming off a couple of pretty serious injuries. As the games go by and time goes on the expectation is that his play will get even worse. 

On top of both of those facts, let's assume this team is at beast a borderline playoff team or in a season they miss the playoffs altogether. Why aren't we seeing all the young players we can to give them more chances for a fair evaluation? Now is the time to get a Hinostroza into the lineup on a regular basis instead of holding onto a guy whose best days are WAY behind him.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 47 minutes ago:

No, I wouldn't want that line.  I get why Q plays Sharp...he is a veteran who has proven himself over time...that's Q.  But, at this point, Sharp doesn't bring much to the O or the D...but he checks the Q box (veteran experience/trust).

Here's what I'd like to see, at this point:

Saad - JT - D-cat

Schmaltz - AA - Kane

Hartman - Wingels - Panik

Hino - Kero - Hayden

Or, flip Hartman for Hayden.

I think Bouma has played well enough to keep his spot. I’m going off the rails on the crazy train here. This is the time for Stan to package Hartman and someone else for a top 6 player. We can easily replace Hartman with Hino. I think this makes the team instantly better.   We need top 6 help, I’m not sold on Schmaltz yet either, I think he’s gotten all his points by playing with top players, but hasn’t done much on his own, I’d even package him for a top 6 player. Depending on the player!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bouma in this is my 13th forward.  I’d like to see SB make a deal that includes Hartman + or Hino +...whatever brings the biggest net gain.

Big-T said on 23 minutes ago:

I think Bouma has played well enough to keep his spot. I’m going off the rails on the crazy train here. This is the time for Stan to package Hartman and someone else for a top 6 player. We can easily replace Hartman with Hino. I think this makes the team instantly better.   We need top 6 help, I’m not sold on Schmaltz yet either, I think he’s gotten all his points by playing with top players, but hasn’t done much on his own, I’d even package him for a top 6 player. Depending on the player!!!

I am fine with this. I think Hayden can easily fill the Hartman role. 

• Like 1

MERPER said on Just now:

Possibly...most likely...being better at it.

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 12 minutes ago:

I think Hino and Hayden can do what Schmaltz and Hartman can do, and better. Maybe package them both for someone like Galchenyuk? Put Galchenyuk on Kane’s Wing, he has a wicked one timer, he’s only 23, 6’1” and 210. He scored 30 2 years ago, Montreal has been a firey school bus crash this year, I think he could help solidify the top 6, also, we could get a 2 rounder from the Habs as they have 3!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Big-T said on 1 minute ago:

I think Hino and Hayden can do what Schmaltz and Hartman can do, and better. Maybe package them both for someone like Galchenyuk? Put Galchenyuk on Kane’s Wing, he has a wicked one timer, he’s only 23, 6’1” and 210. He scored 30 2 years ago, Montreal has been a firey school bus crash this year, I think he could help solidify the top 6, also, we could get a 2 rounder from the Habs as they have 3!!!

I can buy into this.

iknowpuck said on 9 minutes ago:

I can buy into this.

I think Galchenyuk can be as effective as Panera, but with a bit more sandpaper. Maybe they take Panik and his 2.8? Cuz I’d like to see this;

Saad Toews Dcat

Galchenyuk AA Kane

Hino Kero Sharp

Bouma Wingels Hayden

We can sub out and slot anyone almost anywhere. This is a much more effective lineup, no need to worry about too many young kids. We’d only have Hayden and Dcat to break in, for the forwards. If we still want to win now, this is what is needed!!!