The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/12 Hawks vs Devils

iknowpuck said on 1 hour ago:

I would like Big Al to get one more game, not shift tonight.

Secord - AA - Kane.

There’s our goal scoring power forward.

I loved Al Secord.  Skillful and tough and the current Hawk version has absolutely no one like him and they could desperately use that type of player. 

After that comeback win, if these guys don't come out bursting with energy so that there is a noticeable intensity, then I don't understand their makeup.   If they lose this game, then they really do have serious, ;probably uncurable, problems. 

jacksalmon said on 6 minutes ago:

I loved Al Secord.  Skillful and tough and the current Hawk version has absolutely no one like him and they could desperately use that type of player. 

After that comeback win, if these guys don't come out bursting with energy so that there is a noticeable intensity, then I don't understand their makeup.   If they lose this game, then they really do have serious, ;probably uncurable, problems. 

Big Al was tough, could score and would drop them if you wanted to...unless it was a North Star...then he wanted to more then they did.  

I agree with what we should see out of the team tonight...but this seems like ground hogs day, no?

GO HAWKS GO! Hope they can gain some confidence from the comeback win last night.Come out hard from first puck drop tonight and find the back of the net early.

• Like 1

I wanted to make a big deal of this game , but are the Devil's that good ....Is Taylor that good .....they are 10 - 6 ......This is a test but bigger tests ahead ...... Still this is a legit team lets hope its a legit performance 

PuckProphet said on 3 minutes ago:

I wanted to make a big deal of this game , but are the Devil's that good ....Is Taylor that good .....they are 10 - 6 ......This is a test but bigger tests ahead ...... Still this is a legit team lets hope its a legit performance 

this isn't going to be an easy outing, that much is for sure. not a great team to catch on second night of a back to back...

vadarx said on 4 minutes ago:

this isn't going to be an easy outing, that much is for sure. not a great team to catch on second night of a back to back...

The Devils played last night as well so no excuses. 

thanks for cutting the ribbon on this one ms. madrose.

devils only 1 loss on the road this year (oilers) against 5 wins. schneider played yesterday so could see kinkaid today which wouldn't bother me a whole lot.

Q hinted at a couple changes on offense/defense today. some are speculating that sharp will sit and hayden will play.

hoping for a good link and a good effort and 2 more points today.

!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!

keep an eye on the devils' #44 (miles wood). he is fast!

• Upvote 1

PuckProphet said on 10 minutes ago:

Close, they're 10-4-2.

OldTimeHawky said on Just now:

Close, they're 10-4-2.

i count  OT  as a loss .....should be 3 points for a regulation win 2 points for an overtime win ........ 

PuckProphet said on 13 minutes ago:

I have only seen the Devils one time this year and that was an unimpressive loss to the Oilers.  They looked like the old version of the Devils and far worse than their record would have predicted.  Even though I can't deny their record, I still think they are outperforming their talent level and are beatable.  Now, this may be silly, but, as said, I am expecting a revved up Hawk team and that is why I think they can beat the Devils. 

Sure, there are bigger tests ahead, but, for now, given the recent crap play of the Hawks, this is about as tough of a test as they should want right now.  To me, it is a test of whether the Hawks have any heart and soul.  I expect a revved up team that has more paper talent than the Devils and will win.  A loss, to me, would be an indicator that there is some sort of rot from the surface to the core. 

• Like 1

jacksalmon said on 10 minutes ago:

I have only seen the Devils one time this year and that was an unimpressive loss to the Oilers.  They looked like the old version of the Devils and far worse than their record would have predicted.  Even though I can't deny their record, I still think they are outperforming their talent level and are beatable.  Now, this may be silly, but, as said, I am expecting a revved up Hawk team and that is why I think they can beat the Devils. 

Sure, there are bigger tests ahead, but, for now, given the recent crap play of the Hawks, this is about as tough of a test as they should want right now.  To me, it is a test of whether the Hawks have any heart and soul.  I expect a revved up team that has more paper talent than the Devils and will win.  A loss, to me, would be an indicator that there is some sort of rot from the surface to the core. 

yea i get you not going to disagree  not ready to bury Toews and Kane but they may be walking dead men career skill wise ...i doubt it i would argue against it but the point hey look the core aint all stars anymore  barely average players ....well its not a fantasy or fabrication ....Also this year applies many sports people make comebacks later in life or different teams .....

I am avoiding using the words Character   .....Class ....Elite ......i was the first one to use the term Dynasty .... those terms that elevate someone to a status .....because its hockey ......something that maintenance effort.....well if we didn't celebrate so hard ...take so much for granted  ....well 4000 year old idea

galaxytrash said on 5 minutes ago:

I wonder how that quote is “making sure.” What he does and what they commit to should help make sure.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 1 minute ago:

I wonder how that quote is “making sure.” What he does and what they commit to should help make sure.

hehe i used to say Q uses fear and intimidation with the reward of line promotions as motivation ....The Core players came out saying he is easy going ...... somewhere in between ...some guys more than others 

I would like to see some determination from the squad tonight, The comeback last night was good, but can they keep it rolling. NJ like the Oilers and Canes seem to have the Hawks number, can the Hawks take a W tonight. It will take an effort and 60mins of determined hockey. 

• Like 1

Honestly  though you guys who are in this civil war .....Identitfy yourselves Either Q or Bowman ...you are putting the rest of us who do not have an opinion or who are neutral in a bad spot 

PuckProphet said on 5 minutes ago:

Honestly  though you guys who are in this civil war .....Identitfy yourselves Either Q or Bowman ...you are putting the rest of us who do not have an opinion or who are neutral in a bad spot 

A bit dramatic, no?

iknowpuck said on 3 hours ago:

I would like Big Al to get one more game, not shift tonight.

Secord - AA - Kane.

There’s our goal scoring power forward.

How 'bout Secord, Savard, Larmer?

I'd say it's still the best line this franchise has had and we've had some good ones.

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

I'd say it's still the best line this franchise has had and we've had some good ones.

Better than Bell Calder and Tyler Arnoson 😩

GigECJ said on 3 minutes ago:

It was Larmer that made me a Hawks fan, That line was fantastic.