The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/09 Hawks vs Flyers

21 years ago today was the last regular season win in philly. the bloody hartford whalers were an nhl team then for gawd's sake.

enough's enough.

thnx a heap, ms. madrose.

!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!

firsties!

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 2

Thanks, Madrose.  This should be interesting as the Hawks have a 13 game losing streak in Philly (at least if the one website I looked at is correct).  If this is not correct, then I am sure somebody here will correct that.  Anyway, can Kane and Toews in the same line reverse that trend?  I guess we'll have to see.  Maybe Saad can start scoring again also.  Maybe the whole team can start playing decent hockey.  A lot of maybes for a team in transition, or whatever they are in. 

I know those who are better at twitter than I can post the projected lineups.  But looking at the 1st PP unit...it looks that it will be as useful as breast augmentation on a zombie.

Once again I think it's going to take a herculean effort in net to have a chance at winning.

I hope I'm wrong though, and we win in convincing fashion.

Thanks as always Ms Madrose!

Gotta start scoring again at some point and I hope it's tonight,3 or 4 a game would cure a lotta ills.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

With this being the first game of the Mother's trip, I hope the Mom's instill the fear of God in 'em. WIN or ELSE!!!!

• Like 2

Chirob said on 2 hours ago:

With this being the first game of the Mother's trip, I hope the Mom's instill the fear of God in 'em. WIN or ELSE!!!!

Thanks for the mental image of the team's moms laying down the law against them when they screw up--like Toews' mom busting out the wooden spoon if he can't hit a 4x6, or Keith's mom forcing him to sit in the corner (of the penalty box) when he blows coverage, or Seabs mom grabiing him by the ear saying, "I didn't raise my boy to be beaten flat-footed on the backcheck!", or Kane's mom washing his mouth out with soap if he lollygags it.

LordKOTL said on 1 hour ago:

Thanks for the mental image of the team's moms laying down the law against them when they screw up--like Toews' mom busting out the wooden spoon if he can't hit a 4x6, or Keith's mom forcing him to sit in the corner (of the penalty box) when he blows coverage, or Seabs mom grabiing him by the ear saying, "I didn't raise my boy to be beaten flat-footed on the backcheck!", or Kane's mom washing his mouth out with soap if he lollygags it.

:lol:

GO HAWKS GO! Hoping for a good road effort heavy on the effort.Stay out of the penalty box and maybe get the powerplay going.

• Like 1

Thanks MR

love these early games! break the philly curse, will ya guys?

Lets Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

Holy Cripe ! We didn't come here to be the best of friends we come to do a job One Goal (Disclosure the line is from a John Wayne movie) So lets

get with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win? (full metal jacket) 

Yes, sir.

I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.  I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for year (Knute)

the comeback is going to be sweet 

drop pass shot using the passer as the screener

have the puck carrier drop to the d man track along the boards button hook behind the net to receive ...The d man lets it go when the skater just passes the goalie so the whole thing is bang bang 

dont forget....

I'm fine with the 5-5 lines...if they don't work, back into the Q-o-matic they go.

The 1st PP unit...Why?  All indications will be it being as useless and breast augmentation on a zombie.

• Like 1

Tnx Madrose,  Here's to breaking the losing, not scoring trend,  Light the lamp in Philly.  " GO HAWKS ":

i think hockey would be a more exciting game if they played 4 on 4 all the time

scoring would go up too

and booooo

Sharpie was bad playing against opps 3rd liners so move him up to Kane-Toews so he can play against opps top lines .... good job Quenneville..... we can see results of this genius move

Edited by Modry-Jazyk