The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/05 Hawks vs Habs

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

Hawks always make rookie goaltenders look like superstars

They sure have over the years, haven't they?  

Frustrating

• Like 1

Big-T said on 4 minutes ago:

Wow, Duchene for Turris!!!

I remember being pissed at Tallon for taking Kane instead of Turris.:wub:

I couldn't take it anymore so I turned the sound down. Pat must feel he has to do an Eddie tribute every game Eddie is with him in the booth. That and the constant yucking it up and guffawing with their silliness. I hope this doesn't go on all season.

• Like 1

hllywd99 said on 1 minute ago:

HF50? <j/k> :D You can string together a coherent sentence.

Edited by LordKOTL

hllywd99 said on Just now:

James Van Reimsdyk was the other one of the "pick 'em" triumvirate.  We know who made the right choice by a mile.  I'd also say it's safe to call Turris a distant #3 of that group with Van Reimsdyk a distant #2.

• Like 1

hllywd99 said on Just now:

I know I have a bias of kids who play OHL/CHL, but after watching Kane many times in London, I knew he was the real deal, he got 5 points in the 3rd period against my Spitfires at the gam I was at. I was sick to my stomach, but I was hoping the Hawks tanked for the first pick that year, and it happened!!!

EbonyRaptor said on 5 minutes ago:

I couldn't take it anymore so I turned the sound down. Pat must feel he has to do an Eddie tribute every game Eddie is with him in the booth. That and the constant yucking it up and guffawing with their silliness. I hope this doesn't go on all season.

...and Pat will still think that "Turdy Turd in da Turd" is the funniest and freshest quip of all time ten years from now.

Edited by GigECJ

Big-T said on 9 minutes ago:

I agree, but if he doesn’t start making a difference on offense, he needs to head down to a lower line!!!

To be fair, no one is exactly lighting the lamp all that much. There are plenty of other players on this team to dump on besides the rookie kid.

It's coming down as a three-way trade.  Nashville winds up with Turris although it's unsure who they gave up.

Looks like Colorado got a lot of guys and picks.

Edited by GigECJ

GigECJ said on Just now:

It's coming down as a three-way trade.  Nashville winds up with Turris although it's unsure who they gave up.

Colorado got Hammond and a tone of picks and prospects. Turris signs a 6 year 36 million deal with the Preds!!!

The stage is set .....Montreal is itching for a fight in the 2nd.....The Hawks are going to give it to them.....BTW who talked to Murphy the kid is playing very well 

I wonder if there is a standard test to gauge hand/eye coordination. if there is it would be interesting to see how the Hawks, as a team, stack up against other teams, because it seems to me they are not very good compared to other teams. The Hawks players consistently have more trouble corralling the puck than the opposing team. When the opposing team comes away with the puck in a scrum against the boards can be racked up as the opposing player being bigger and stronger, but I mean in the middle of the ice. When the puck is loose and players are battling for possession - the Hawks more times than not lose the battle and it looks to me like the opposing player gains possession of the puck because his hand/eye coordination is better then the Hawks player.

EbonyRaptor said on 1 minute ago:

I wonder if there is a standard test to gauge hand/eye coordination. if there is it would be interesting to see how the Hawks, as a team, stack up against other teams, because it seems to me they are not very good compared to other teams. The Hawks players consistently have more trouble corralling the puck than the opposing team. When the opposing team comes away with the puck in a scrum against the boards can be racked up as the opposing player being bigger and stronger, but I mean in the middle of the ice. When the puck is loose and players are battling for possession - the Hawks more times than not lose the battle and it looks to me like the opposing player gains possession of the puck because his hand/eye coordination is better then the Hawks player.

which surprises me

In baseball, it's said that hand-eye coordination is about the last athletic quality to go

Hawks in the past have had wonderful hand-eye coordination

PuckProphet said on 2 minutes ago:

The stage is set .....Montreal is itching for a fight in the 2nd.....The Hawks are going to give it to them.....BTW who talked to Murphy the kid is playing very well 

Hawks got their typically one bad period behind them while being tied...

GigECJ said on Just now:

i am talking how Shaw knocked Seabrook down then after things were heated Q told the new line to annoy them .....they are itchin lol

GigECJ said on 3 minutes ago:

I didn’t think they played that bad, puck was bouncing like crazy but overall not a bad period.

Edited by hawkinmontreal

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

lol I didn’t think they played that bad, puck was bouncing like crazy but overall not a bad period.

Actually, I didn't think it was that bad either.  I just felt that the Habs had the edge.

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

which surprises me

In baseball, it's said that hand-eye coordination is about the last athletic quality to go

Hawks in the past have had wonderful hand-eye coordination

Yeah, and I don't think it's just losing 50/50 battles either - I think it can be playing a role in their poor passing/receiving. There was a play tonight where Toews tried to pass to DeBrincat where DeBrincat was moving in toward the net and setting up for a one-timer and Toews passed 10 feet behind DeBrincat with no interference from a Montreal defender - he just made an awful pass. Toews passing used to be very good and every once in a while he still makes a good pass but for the most part his passing has been terrible. It makes me wonder if something is wrong or maybe he needs glasses or ????

lol i like how after that 1 puck rolled off the backhand Kaner immediately got the sand paper out ....thinking he reverse craters that thing 

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

Actually, I didn't think it was that bad either.  I just felt that the Habs had the edge.

If the Hawks can control those damn Chinese fire drills in there own end, that edge would change.

EbonyRaptor said on 1 minute ago:

Yeah, and I don't think it's just losing 50/50 battles either - I think it can be playing a role in their poor passing/receiving. There was a play tonight where Toews tried to pass to DeBrincat where DeBrincat was moving in toward the net and setting up for a one-timer and Toews passed 10 feet behind DeBrincat with no interference from a Montreal defender - he just made an awful pass. Toews passing used to be very good and every once in a while he still makes a good pass but for the most part his passing has been terrible. It makes me wonder if something is wrong or maybe he needs glasses or ????

One thing I'm noticing is that the puck is rolling on it's edge with massive regularity this season.  Maybe that's the issue?

again PP is struggling so what to do?

the same crap as before.

definition of insanity there folks!

cmon!