The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

11/04 Hawks vs Wild

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

have have been scoring lately, they also saved price for the game tomorrow night. still need 2 points, though!

never heard to just now that price didn't dress tonight because of injury so maybe no price tomorrow.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-carey-price-lower-body-injury-wont-start-saturday/

vadarx said on 2 minutes ago:

aye

thank you sir.

5 a.m.start for me tomorrow then. 

i like the early starts better.

The Hawks certainly dominated play for the most part.  The Hawks looked like they were getting it together much better, although the goal scoring has yet to come back.  Certainly would like to see some scoring from the first two lines.  It's about time for the big money guys to start making some deposits in the other teams' goals.  Another great game from Crawford!!!  Hope they can keep it going against Montreal tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Solid team effort.

Great game by CC.  He looks to be playing on top of his game...which is greatly needed while things get sorted out.

Looks like they're heading in the right direction, improvement wise, AA on a scoring streak, and CC playing at the top of his game helps a lot, Hopefully we continue to grow, get better.  I think Q got serious on them

galaxytrash said on 9 hours ago:

so the clocks in chicago go back at midnite tonight...am i correct?

The clocks in Chicago tell you when they're gonna change!LOL! Actually it's 2am.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I thought adding three veteran,everyday starters like Bouma,Wingels and Franson(if the D squad wasn't so deep) for under 3M dollars would go a long way. Bouma and Wingels are no frills/lunch pail players and have been for several seasons,both forecheck heavily,both can get and keep the puck and both kill penalties now. The physical presence they bring seems to be exactly what the FO wanted this summer and they both have a veteran,measured,deliberate way they go about the game and it seems like that pleases the coach too......along with their defensive responsibility.

Franson's been an absolute soldier,I'm not sure if he's ever been a healthy scratch at any point in his career but accepted it like the veteran D-man Stanbo expected when he  signed him on the cheap. He might also be a more valuable trade chip at 1M than many of us realize if necessary later in the year. Another big,tuff dude who plays the game the right way with an effective shot from the point.

Stan all but said he wanted a bigger,grittier team that was harder to play against and the coach wants guys who don't play outta their shoes,Stan did a good job of providing that and he did it for under 3 million bucks.........good job Stanbo!

Drafting a big,talented,physical guy like Hayden was a big step in that direction also,this kid's gonna be pretty good IMO.  

There's a lotta 'push back' in these four guys and the team needed it!    

GO HAWKS!!!!!    

Edited by hsbob
  • Like 2

Agreed Bob the 4th line is making a difference and Franson is solid and isn't much slower than 7

While Toews might have got away with one last night the zebras owed us one after butchering that offsides call last time we played the wild

txyak said on 39 minutes ago:

Agreed Bob the 4th line is making a difference and Franson is solid and isn't much slower than 7

While Toews might have got away with one last night the zebras owed us one after butchering that offsides call last time we played the wild

I also thought Hayden was clearly tripped along the near boards right after the double minor for the high stick but the Hawks scored on that PP so it went uncalled.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

I thought adding three veteran,everyday starters like Bouma,Wingels and Franson(if the D squad wasn't so deep) for under 3M dollars would go a long way. Bouma and Wingels are no frills/lunch pail players and have been for several seasons,both forecheck heavily,both can get and keep the puck and both kill penalties now. The physical presence they bring seems to be exactly what the FO wanted this summer and they both have a veteran,measured,deliberate way they go about the game and it seems like that pleases the coach too......along with their defensive responsibility.

Franson's been an absolute soldier,I'm not sure if he's ever been a healthy scratch at any point in his career but accepted it like the veteran D-man Stanbo expected when he  signed him on the cheap. He might also be a more valuable trade chip at 1M than many of us realize if necessary later in the year. Another big,tuff dude who plays the game the right way with an effective shot from the point.

Stan all but said he wanted a bigger,grittier team that was harder to play against and the coach wants guys who don't play outta their shoes,Stan did a good job of providing that and he did it for under 3 million bucks.........good job Stanbo!

Drafting a big,talented,physical guy like Hayden was a big step in that direction also,this kid's gonna be pretty good IMO.  

GO HAWKS!!!!!    

Good post on all points, bob.

iknowpuck said on 3 minutes ago:

Good post on all points, bob.

Not to mention plucking a D-man of Rutta's quality who can play either side out of Europe and Kempny is another signing who's developing as well as can be expected too.

Bouma and Wingels signed early in the summer and Franson turned down other offers.............all three wanted to be here and that speaks well for the organization IMO!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 2

GO HAWKS!!!!!    

hsbob said on 22 minutes ago:

Not to mention plucking a D-man of Rutta's quality who can play either side out of Europe and Kempny is another signing who's developing as well as can be expected too.

Bouma and Wingels signed early in the summer and Franson turned down other offers.............all three wanted to be here and that speaks well for the organization IMO!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Totally agree on all points-----just like night I was watching Kempny and thought this guy is getting better.  Both Bouma and Wingels were almost 20 goal scorers in their past, so they can score when given the opportunity.  They are not just 4th line stoppers, although at this point in their careers, scoring might not be in the cards. 

Now, if those first two lines can start doing what they are supposed to do, this team might get going.  I sure do miss the excitement of seeing Kane and Panarin on the ice.  That is no comment on the trade as it was okay with me.  It is just that those two were so exciting to watch and no duo played this year has even come close. 

• Like 1

jacksalmon said on 18 minutes ago:

Totally agree on all points-----just like night I was watching Kempny and thought this guy is getting better.  Both Bouma and Wingels were almost 20 goal scorers in their past, so they can score when given the opportunity.  They are not just 4th line stoppers, although at this point in their careers, scoring might not be in the cards. 

Now, if those first two lines can start doing what they are supposed to do, this team might get going.  I sure do miss the excitement of seeing Kane and Panarin on the ice.  That is no comment on the trade as it was okay with me.  It is just that those two were so exciting to watch and no duo played this year has even come close. 

A nifty,second year player like Hartman on that line doesn't hurt either jack. I miss the exciting nature of the Kane/Breadman combo too but it didn't get us to the promised land and I'm not sure it was gonna. There still seems to be some offensive chemistry that needs to be worked out but Kane,Saad,Toews,Panik and Sharp will start dentin' the twine.....I'd bet on that. D-cat's had some good chances lately with just a few posts and empty netters to show for it,it'd be nice to see the kid get hot!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

jacksalmon said on 25 minutes ago:

However, we really were a "one line team" last year essentially.  While we are a LOOOONG way from having so much as two scoring lines, I still believe this team has the potential for that and more.  I'd say the biggest loss in the case of Panarin is on the PP.  He was a "one timer sniper" and we now miss that guy.  While we have always struggled with blinding the goalie since 2010, at least the Sharps (the former) and the Breadmen of the world could compensate to a degree with that.  Now?  we just have AA to count on consistently as a GT Blockade.

galaxytrash said on 12 hours ago:

never heard to just now that price didn't dress tonight because of injury so maybe no price tomorrow.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-carey-price-lower-body-injury-wont-start-saturday/

Although, with the year he's having thus far, we should be glad to have him in goal. 

GigECJ said on 2 minutes ago:

However, we really were a "one line team" last year essentially.  While we are a LOOOONG way from having so much as two scoring lines, I still believe this team has the potential for that and more.  I'd say the biggest loss in the case of Panarin is on the PP.  He was a "one timer sniper" and we now miss that guy.  While we have always struggled with blinding the goalie since 2010, at least the Sharps (the former) and the Breadmen of the world could compensate to a degree with that.  Now?  we just have AA to count on consistently as a GT Blockade.

I'd still like to see Big John get a crack at that on the 2nd PP unit.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

hsbob said on 4 minutes ago:

I'd still like to see Big John get a crack at that on the 2nd PP unit.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by GigECJ

GigECJ said on 3 minutes ago:

Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip might work in front of an opposing goalteander! Got a taste for some pork sausage all of a sudden.....LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 3 minutes ago:

Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip might work in front of an opposing goalteander! Got a taste for some pork sausage all of a sudden.....LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

:lol:

Well Bob, I just happened to have some extra in my skillet.

fresh_hot_pork_breakfast_sausage_roll_783x440.ashx?data-specid=baaed5a0-b917-4bf5-9ab3-573b85b5580b&mw=668

Edited by GigECJ

GigECJ said on 12 minutes ago:

:lol:

Well Bob, I just happened to have some extra in my skillet.

fresh_hot_pork_breakfast_sausage_roll_783x440.ashx?data-specid=baaed5a0-b917-4bf5-9ab3-573b85b5580b&mw=668

I'll be right over!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

A nifty,second year player like Hartman on that line doesn't hurt either jack. I miss the exciting nature of the Kane/Breadman combo too but it didn't get us to the promised land and I'm not sure it was gonna. There still seems to be some offensive chemistry that needs to be worked out but Kane,Saad,Toews,Panik and Sharp will start dentin' the twine.....I'd bet on that. D-cat's had some good chances lately with just a few posts and empty netters to show for it,it'd be nice to see the kid get hot!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

GigECJ said on 1 hour ago:

As said, I didn't have any problems with the Saad/Panarin trade for the reasons you guys stated plus the brewing salary issue with Panarin.  However, the first and second lines, both on the 5 on 5  and PP, have a long, long, long, long, long way to go to justify their paydays.  In addition, they are boring lines and really don't generate much goal scoring or anticipation, particularly the Kane line, but the Toews line, no matter which one, ain't far behind.

I know you guys both think that those two lines will get it going.  I don't really disagree, but I'll wait until I see it.  Until that happens, if it ever does, it seems that they have to continue to rely on Crawford.  They don't have $27 million wrapped up in 3 guys to be in that position.  So, either those 3 get it going, or the "rely on Crfawford" situation ain't gonna get them very far.  I was pretty excited about Kane's scoring after the first two games, but he has really leveled off, like the rest of the team.  Toews got a better line and hasn't done much with it, either by scoring or setting up goals, so Q was forced to start shifting things around again.  Toews better figure out how to be a much, much better offensive player as he is completely out of excuses. 

galaxytrash said on 16 hours ago:

just read that myself. either way, the boys better come ready to play tonight! 3 days off after tonight, so no excuses!

edit: I hope we see Forsberg tonight. no need to over work Crow right now, regardless of the days off after. not to mention we really need to get Anton his first NHL win. 

Edited by vadarx

galaxytrash said on 16 hours ago:

thank you sir.

5 a.m.start for me tomorrow then. 

i like the early starts better.

no problem, my good man!