The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

10/28 Hawks vs Avs

galaxytrash said on 15 minutes ago:

time to pull out the lucky marlboro....

Reminds me of old Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland.... “I’m gonna go have a Marlboro and calm mah nerves”. I may take up smoking after this first quarter of a season!!!

Modry-Jazyk said on 5 minutes ago:

I stopped watching Formula 1 after about 20 years after they idiots introduced DRS system (AKA "Turbo boost" button) for easy overtaking.They wanted more overtaking to make F1 "more interesting".But fans didnt find interesting this cheap way and F1 TV global audience dropped from 700M ppl to about 400M ppl now.I think referees are doing waht NHL idiots want, more PPs - more cheap/easy scoring.But I wont watch this crap if this will continue the entire season, normal lines are almost irrelevant now and 5 on 5 hockey is now only filler to man advantage hockey, it's nothing for me.

They think more powerplays means more goals and they think that's what the fans want. But it's about as exciting as watching a basketball game with only free throws. More points doesn't necessarily mean more exciting. 

• Like 1

tincup61 said on 8 minutes ago:

I would like to see a couple of vets take a seat for a game. If you don't want to embarrass them too bad you call it a maintenance day. If Q has lost the room, he might get it back. if it gets worse the inmates are running the place.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. hard to believe he has lost the room, having lead them to 3 cups, but it seems like that is the case.

I felt like he lost it in 2012 for a bit, but he got it back. he's gonna have to do that again if he wants to keep his job. 

or, perhaps, it's just his style isn't working anymore, which is a possibility. 

number-9 said on Just now:

at least the preds are having their arses handed to them too. 6-1 Islanders

Then it follows when we play the Isles we'll lose 10-0? :wacko:

Modry-Jazyk said on 9 minutes ago:

I stopped watching Formula 1 after about 20 years after they idiots introduced DRS system (AKA "Turbo boost" button) for easy overtaking.They wanted more overtaking to make F1 "more interesting".But fans didnt find interesting this cheap way and F1 TV global audience dropped from 700M ppl to about 400M ppl now.I think referees are doing waht NHL idiots want, more PPs - more cheap/easy scoring.But I wont watch this crap if this will continue the entire season, normal lines are almost irrelevant now and 5 on 5 hockey is now only filler to man advantage hockey, it's nothing for me.

NASCAR did the same thing and is on its way to irrelevance...the cameras avoid grandstand shots because most races are more than half empty...the NHL would do well to take note that over tweaking the rules could be disastrous...

tincup61 said on 3 minutes ago:

That right there is why Franson should play more.

they should do more, trade Murphy and use 3M difference better.If they would somehow manage replace Anisimov on 3L, that would be 6 million, Saad tier cap

vadarx said on Just now:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. hard to believe he has lost the room, having lead them to 3 cups, but it seems like that is the case.

I felt like he lost it in 2012 for a bit, but he got it back. he's gonna have to do that again if he wants to keep his job. 

Or another possibility. Due to all the cap issues the Hawks have had to trade players who were due raises, maybe this has left a room of pampered, complacent vets and a bunch of young players who might be disenchanted with the feel of the room. There isn't really a middle generation so to speak. Ever work in a workplace where there is a generation gap?  On the other hand, good tending and good scoring has covered up a  lack of rudimentary skills in basic hockey skills, witness the last Avs goal.

vadarx said on 5 minutes ago:

After this pants-downer, embarras them.

If TKS are worthy of their letters, I'd hope to hear about a closed-door player only meeting soon.

Kempny is far from perfect, but he does get his shots through. Break the glass, replace Keith with Kempny on the PP.

• Like 1

whoever said schmaltz deserved an assist against the preds was right...i was wrong-O.

that wasn't a possession.

tincup61 said on Just now:

Kempny is far from perfect, but he does get his shots through. Break the glass, replace Keith with Kempny on the PP.

franson looks good there as well.

• Like 1