The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Madrose

10/27 Hawks vs Preds

jacksalmon said on 2 hours ago:

At this point, I will take anything I can get from these guys.  Look, I want them to win.  But, I am also a realist besides being a pessimist.  As a realist, I do not let my hopes interfere with what is actually occurring except to the extent that I, personally, can change the outcome.  I can't do that with the Hawks so I can only look at what I see and assess accordingly.

As a pessmist, I fear that the glory days are over.  But, I also know that my perceptions could be wrong, so I will look for indications that I am.  The way they have been outplayed leads me to believe that my fears are justified.  However, last night was different.  They actually dominated most of the game, which was different.  So, that is a good sign.  But, they still can't score and have no PP and those are bad signs. 

Pittsburgh is having no trouble maintaining its position in the top of their division.  So, their core seems to be functioning well.  Despite all their gyrations in roster moves, the Hawks can't say the same about their position or function.  However, like Yogi said, "It ain't over 'til its over."  That goes for a hockey season.  So, I guess there is always hope, which can be buoyed by any type of improvement in their game.  That is what I saw last night.  But, this team still has a long way to go to convince me that they are any threat to win the Cup

I always thought he said "Hey boo-boo let's grab that picinic basket"  :D