The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Old_Hawk

Are You Worried Yet?

iknowpuck said on 12 hours ago:

What's a chickenhawk?  Only you.

It is what it is known as in this region I guess. I talked to so many wildlife places and Brookfield Zoo and was telling them I have a dead Hawk in my yard and wanted to do something other than toss it in the trashcan for disposal. It is in really good condition and really cool to actually hold a hawk but when they asked what kind of hawk I just said a dead one. So I sent one place a picture and they told me that it's a Chickenhawk. Which hey who am I to argue. Anyway these are the hawks that are hoovering overhead a lot over here as I live less than a mile from many,many forest preserves which is so cool. Too bad their greed prevented them from saving the toboggan slides we had here that were a blast in the winter.

GigECJ said on 9 hours ago:

Image result for chickenhawk

Thanks Gig made my morning !!! I'm sure you know which hawk I'm talking about. The numbers have increased a lot over the last few years and there are even a few Eagles now. So cool to sit in the yard and see these birds do their hunting. Have to take it out of the freezer now and start my journey to Glen Ellyn so it can be preserved.

We’ve had a lot of bald eagles out this way, and because they’re protected, nothing can be built within 400 feet of its nest. So, the eagles prevented a whole street or two from being built and all the housing a few years back, but I believe they gently moved the bird and nest to Peche Island about a mile and a half away so that it’s out of the way. Or they just killed it, either way, it’s not stopping big business!!!

Ok had a blast at this place and found out so much. IKP a Chicken hawk is also known as a Cooper Hawk if that is any help. Big T as I have worked on cell towers all work stops if there is a nest for any bird until the birds leave the nest and can be removed. It's probably what they did with the Eagles out there. You have to leave the nest alone until unattended then they can proceed. Yeah big business will go on but I have seen how they protect wildlife and put off projects until the wildlife is taken care of. They will move it but only after and with approval of whoever protects wildlife. Now my hawk just freaked them out as it was so well preserved and they made the call to the Field Museum to get it ASAP. Cool how they deal with the dead birds that come in and I spent like 4 hours there learning. The museum does measurements and all kind of other things to learn habits and what goes on. They were telling me about birds who's beaks have gotten shorter to adapt to the surroundings and birds who's beaks got longer for that purpose. Sooooo cool to learn all this stuff. Anyway this bird will be preserved so that wherever it winds up people will see it and I'm glad I didn't throw it in a trash can and took the time to drive 50 miles each way to make sure it happened. And Hey all my Blackhawk friends they do need donations.....Mods I hope this is OK but to give look up Willowbrook Wildlife Center Glen Ellyn,Il.

Creature1958 said on 32 minutes ago:

Ok had a blast at this place and found out so much. IKP a Chicken hawk is also known as a Cooper Hawk if that is any help. Big T as I have worked on cell towers all work stops if there is a nest for any bird until the birds leave the nest and can be removed. It's probably what they did with the Eagles out there. You have to leave the nest alone until unattended then they can proceed. Yeah big business will go on but I have seen how they protect wildlife and put off projects until the wildlife is taken care of. They will move it but only after and with approval of whoever protects wildlife. Now my hawk just freaked them out as it was so well preserved and they made the call to the Field Museum to get it ASAP. Cool how they deal with the dead birds that come in and I spent like 4 hours there learning. The museum does measurements and all kind of other things to learn habits and what goes on. They were telling me about birds who's beaks have gotten shorter to adapt to the surroundings and birds who's beaks got longer for that purpose. Sooooo cool to learn all this stuff. Anyway this bird will be preserved so that wherever it winds up people will see it and I'm glad I didn't throw it in a trash can and took the time to drive 50 miles each way to make sure it happened. And Hey all my Blackhawk friends they do need donations.....Mods I hope this is OK but to give look up Willowbrook Wildlife Center Glen Ellyn,Il.

Can they fix the other Hawks?  ;)

Creature1958 said on 11 hours ago:

It is what it is known as in this region I guess. I talked to so many wildlife places and Brookfield Zoo and was telling them I have a dead Hawk in my yard and wanted to do something other than toss it in the trashcan for disposal. It is in really good condition and really cool to actually hold a hawk but when they asked what kind of hawk I just said a dead one. So I sent one place a picture and they told me that it's a Chickenhawk. Which hey who am I to argue. Anyway these are the hawks that are hoovering overhead a lot over here as I live less than a mile from many,many forest preserves which is so cool. Too bad their greed prevented them from saving the toboggan slides we had here that were a blast in the winter.

Hilarious.  That is very helpful and should require an urgent response!  LOL!

Creature1958 said on 3 hours ago:

a Chicken hawk is also known as a Cooper Hawk if that is any help.

And I thought it referred to the Hawks players who try to avoid contact. I feel foolish now. 

• Like 1

HawkFanPdx said on 14 hours ago:

And I thought it referred to the Hawks players who try to avoid contact. I feel foolish now. 

:lol: That's funny !!!! Hey Mods where is the prize for this post?

I dunno , the fans have been very very patient understanding and hopeful......Still, some strange occurrences.... Well like any other struggle seems like some people are not 100% on this year or on board ....While some board members are really active in terms of analysis of play....Some hide in the shadows wait to cast blame ....

Rule 1 any team or job ......You cannot have people on the same team working for failure .....

yea worried ....well not really ...like many many fans ..... why bother ...leave it to the nut jobs 

why argue or deal with nut jobs to watch a game ....

(Most Posters excluded) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on On 11/16/2017 at 8:49 AM:

:lol: That's funny !!!! Hey Mods where is the prize for this post?

image.jpeg