The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Old_Hawk

Are You Worried Yet?

Just got an email from the Hawks about 30 minutes ago that a "limited numbers of tickets" are now available for Sunday's game against Jersey. I know the Devils aren't much of a draw, but the way they've been playing I would expect to be getting an email like that before more and more games if they don't shape up.

Just got a SECOND email from the Hawks asking me to confirm my new Blackhawks ReplyBuy account and score $10 of my first purchase!

You get priority access to recently released Hawks tix that can be purchased with a quick text message. It's free. Also EXCLUSIVE access to last minute tix. CUSTOMIZED notifications about the best seats. INSTANT game purchases with a quick text message. (CAPS in this paragraph are the Hawks not mine!)

How many think they are really lagging in the sales department? You would have NEVER seen an email like this in any of the previous years since 2010.

you have been able to get to tickets for games a day or two before for....well, since forever as far as I know. I went to A LOT of games from 09-15 doing just that when I was still living in the city,  including playoff games.  I would say that the issue now is that those tickets are going unsold, whereas before they got scooped up.

I would guess the main reasons for this are the 'hawks looking less successful this year (along with last year's playoff flame out) and the fact that it is still football season. in my experience there were always more tickets going this route in the Oct-Dec part of the season than there were in the Jan-April part.

• Like 1

well, I've been a pretty positive poster here the past 2 plus seasons now I would say, but it is obvious to me now that the party ended June 15, 2015.

this not to say that I believe the window to be shut now. I don't. what I mean is it's obvious that 2015 was their last big run and the players knew it and after that the band was broken up. they have played since like they are just resting on their laurels. there isn't the fire and hatred of losing from any of the core members on this team anymore. 

I don't know what, if anything, will get that fire back,  but until it returns, this team is going to continue to look like garbage...

• Like 1

worried isn't the word I would use.

annoyed and angry would be more appropriate. 

Right now, this is a good team playing badly. Lots of time left...but yeah, get it together boys.

• Like 1

JohnE said on 4 minutes ago:

Right now, this is a good team playing badly. Lots of time left...but yeah, get it together boys.

i'd be more worried if we were allowing a ton of goals (thnx corey) than not scoring any. 

i think a lack of scoring is easier to fix, but don't ask me why.

it reminds me of our PK last year. 10 shades of brown for the first 10 or 12 games or whatever it was, then something clicked and it was likely above average the rest of the year.

but yeah....i'm worried, but this funk can't last forever.

• Like 1

It hasn't been a good sign at all the amount of shots they are giving up so far this year. But I had hope - especially after the first few games. Now, I am seriously thinking the core of the team, as a group, is in decline and I'm not sure what can be done about that. I hope I am proved wrong.

• Like 1

I am really not even concerned about the rookies, it's expected that they should be inconsistent to some degree as they learn to be in the NHL.

But any time the veteran skaters decide they want to give a @#$% works for me. Every last one of them ought to be embarrassed at this point.

I do believe the raw talent is there, but the drive to win isn't and you hear it in the excuses they feed the media after every loss.

And FFS Toews elevate the god damn puck!

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 9 hours ago:

“Are you worried yet?”

YES.

Next question.

Q will be gone by Christmas. Just sayin'. Two years in a row with a first round exit, and .500 this year with all the talent on this team? The boys look like they couldn't care less if they win or not. Change is coming.

• Like 1

We need to take a step back, put down the cool aid and think. We have 3 top 6 forwards, and a couple 3 young kids that are yet to prove their regular nhlers. Ohh ya, Hartman got 19 goals, we’ll , Ryan Potulny got 15 in 64 games in the nhl, where is he? Stan also gave him a try. Hartman is a 4th/maybe 3rd liner, Schmaltz is a 3rd liner. They’re slotted wrong, Dcat, just not ready for the nhl game yet. This is on the GM, we lost 2 top 6 forwards and replaced them with one. We are in serious trouble!!!

Big-T said on 18 minutes ago:

We need to take a step back, put down the cool aid and think. We have 3 top 6 forwards, and a couple 3 young kids that are yet to prove their regular nhlers. Ohh ya, Hartman got 19 goals, we’ll , Ryan Potulny got 15 in 64 games in the nhl, where is he? Stan also gave him a try. Hartman is a 4th/maybe 3rd liner, Schmaltz is a 3rd liner. They’re slotted wrong, Dcat, just not ready for the nhl game yet. This is on the GM, we lost 2 top 6 forwards and replaced them with one. We are in serious trouble!!!

I can buy this.  

The top six has gotten/is worse...even JT and PK have...not sure why JT has declined so much...PK can’t carry a line with the line mates he has been with.

The bottom 6 has been improved.

Players are slotted wrong because it’s just who we have right now.

This team needs a top 6 forward more than a d-man.  Easier said than done but if that at least is not done it’s another first round exit at best.

The players know what’s going on.  Maybe they know the inevitable as of right now and that’s why they aren’t “having any fun.”  Maybe some of them just don’t believe in themselves as much as they have been declining...and then look around the room and don’t believe in each other.

Lack of confidence in a roster to do something compared to the competition?

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Either way, at least show some effort and passion as professional athletes.  That’s the minimum I expect to see.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 10 minutes ago:

I can buy this.  

The top six has gotten/is worse...even JT and PK have...not sure why JT has declined so much...PK can’t carry a line with the line mates he has been with.

The bottom 6 has been improved.

Players are slotted wrong because it’s just who we have right now.

This team needs a top 6 forward more than a d-man.  Easier said than done but if that at least is not done it’s another first round exit at best.

The players know what’s going on.  Maybe they know the inevitable as of right now and that’s why they aren’t “having any fun.”  Maybe some of them just don’t believe in themselves as much as they have been declining...and then look around the room and don’t believe in each other.

Lack of confidence in a roster to do something compared to the competition?

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Either way, at least show some effort and passion as professional athletes.  That’s the minimum I expect to see.

Good post. Sometimes you look around the room, and realize nothing you do will work. Losing Hossa and Panera hurt, gaining Saad helped, but we’re still down another top 6. I’m quite sure that Panik isn’t a top 6, and he’s a borderline NHL player. Why? Well, he has zero consistency, and has always struggled with it. He has never been able to crack an NHL lineup, and finally caught fire for a bit with Toews. Personally, I see nothing wrong with Toews, or Kane, they’re just trying to carry players that clearly don’t belong on his line. Schmaltz, Dcat and Hartman are not top 6, if anyone thinks they are for some reason, then this is why we’re in the mess that we are, staniel needs to trade 2 of the 3, and get a top 6 forward. We have a massive need to fill. The bottom 6 will be fine!!!

Big-T said on 17 minutes ago:

Good post. Sometimes you look around the room, and realize nothing you do will work. Losing Hossa and Panera hurt, gaining Saad helped, but we’re still down another top 6. I’m quite sure that Panik isn’t a top 6, and he’s a borderline NHL player. Why? Well, he has zero consistency, and has always struggled with it. He has never been able to crack an NHL lineup, and finally caught fire for a bit with Toews. Personally, I see nothing wrong with Toews, or Kane, they’re just trying to carry players that clearly don’t belong on his line. Schmaltz, Dcat and Hartman are not top 6, if anyone thinks they are for some reason, then this is why we’re in the mess that we are, staniel needs to trade 2 of the 3, and get a top 6 forward. We have a massive need to fill. The bottom 6 will be fine!!!

Yeah....This team, and Rockford, are loaded with bottom six players.

They have one top six line.  Bowman has some cap room...He better be sniffing around for help.

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Where were you yesterday when I was literally saying this exact same thing to Jack Salmon in the other thread (Hawk Moves) :P

Edited by Granada
  • Like 1

Granada said on 2 minutes ago:

Where were you yesterday when I was literally saying this exact same thing to Jack Salmon in the other thread (Hawk Moves) :P

I think the excuses for JT are about out.

I believe this to be true for 88...I think it's asking way to much of him.

iknowpuck said on 1 minute ago:

Perhaps, but here's the thing: remember early in the year when Toews was producing; and one poster got his head ripped off for asking how Toews was playing -- the truth of the matter is that, Toews wasn't really playing all that much different early in the year than he is now. He still was losing board battles; he still wasn't making the correct play; he still seemed a step slow more often than not. But he was producing, so people bought it at the time. Just an observation, and I think that, if this team was deeper, Toews wouldn't look as bad as he does and the spotlight wouldn't be so laser focused on him when he isn't producing.

Granada said on 1 hour ago:

Perhaps, but here's the thing: remember early in the year when Toews was producing; and one poster got his head ripped off for asking how Toews was playing -- the truth of the matter is that, Toews wasn't really playing all that much different early in the year than he is now. He still was losing board battles; he still wasn't making the correct play; he still seemed a step slow more often than not. But he was producing, so people bought it at the time. Just an observation, and I think that, if this team was deeper, Toews wouldn't look as bad as he does and the spotlight wouldn't be so laser focused on him when he isn't producing.

you mean deeper like it was in 09-15? cuz that right there is the problem and why people blaming Toews for everything really sticks in my craw...

he has NEVER been a great offensive player. never. his highest point total for a season is 76. he has scored more than 30 goals twice, that's it. people see his salary number and assume he should be scoring like Crosby or Kane. that's not the kind of player he is. 

if you want to say he has slowed down a little or he isn't as good on the boards, then we can talk. but, he is paid to be the face of the franchise and the captain of the team. blaming the offensive woes on him is ridiculous and, this season, a lot of the blame should be placed on the other 10.5 million dollar man who looks like he would rather be anywhere but on the ice playing for the 'hawks right now....

but, it's ok, let's all blame the guy who, while I agree has lost half a step and doesn't seem to be as concerned about losing anymore, is pretty much producing at the same rate he has entire career offensively....

• Like 1

Puckjim said on 6 hours ago:

Yeah....This team, and Rockford, are loaded with bottom six players.

They have one top six line.  Bowman has some cap room...He better be sniffing around for help.

Oh wise one what player is going to make a difference and change them from playing perimeter hockey ? Do I need to eat more carrots because my eyes deceive me? They play along the boards they shoot from along the boards, goalies have a clear view of the puck on almost every shot. Trading Hammer has nothing to do with this. Bringing in new players has resulted in the same results switching lines has resulted in the same results...perimeter hockey. Tell us what player is going to stand up to Q and his system because by your posts as far as players there wouldn't be enough players that are qualified to play in the NHL to even fill up the rosters for the Original Six teams.

iknowpuck said on 5 hours ago:

What is the role of the Toews line?

Creature1958 said on 17 hours ago:

Oh wise one what player is going to make a difference and change them from playing perimeter hockey ? Do I need to eat more carrots because my eyes deceive me? They play along the boards they shoot from along the boards, goalies have a clear view of the puck on almost every shot. Trading Hammer has nothing to do with this. Bringing in new players has resulted in the same results switching lines has resulted in the same results...perimeter hockey. Tell us what player is going to stand up to Q and his system because by your posts as far as players there wouldn't be enough players that are qualified to play in the NHL to even fill up the rosters for the Original Six teams.

You're basically saying the guy couldn't win no matter who he has out there and he's proven otherwise. Q and SB would both look a lot better right now if a handful of players were doin their jobs!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob
  • Like 1