The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/24 Hawks vs Knights

I like Steve Konroyd - seems like a nice guy ... but he says some incredible stuff. Keith makes a bad decision to try to shoot through Neal which gets blocked so Keith has to take a penalty and Konroyd says it was a good penalty to take to prevent a breakaway and than says Keith doesn't usually get his shot blocked ... two incredibly stupid statements.

bummer. 

nice play and goal by Big John. he needs more time on the ice. 

Big-T said on 2 minutes ago:

That’s good to hear that a branch didn’t whip through the window hit you in the other thumb. 80mph is very quick for wind. We had kinda the same storm, but warmer wind and only about 45mph. Stay warm way up there and keep that thumb from freezing, and let’s hooe we crush the LVGNHC!!!

Did you make a Shawzy type slur and have to apologize?

• Like 1

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Seabrook and Keith not off to good starts, the stream died so I missed the Vegas goal.

me too.

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Seabrook and Keith not off to good starts, the stream died so I missed the Vegas goal.

I missed Vegas first goal as well.  Therefore, it doesn't count.  It's now tied.

• Like 2

When your team opens the scoring with a shortie, no way do you allow two quick goals shortly thereafter.  That's brutal.

Wow! not good goal to let in. Vegas getting uncontested shots on net and Hawks have Vegas players checking them every inch up the ice. Great game by Vegas so far - they make it look like they have 6 or 7 skaters out there.

Maybe a bad goal by Crow, but Forsling got taken wide and there were bodies at the net. A little more heft needs to be thrown around. Vegas is working hard, but they've been coached. Their system is a high pressure attack, no respite. Hawks better match.

EbonyRaptor said on Just now:

Wow! not good goal to let in. Vegas getting uncontested shots on net and Hawks have Vegas players checking them every inch up the ice. Great game by Vegas so far - they make it look like they have 6 or 7 skaters out there.

They kind of remind me of Minnesota when they're on fire.

RealIMuser said on Just now:

Think the GK will tire out or keep the pace throughout 3?

they haven't played in 3 days so maybe not.

Hawks could really use a D who consistently takes the puck the length of the ice.  Teams have them so bottled up in the neutral zone anymore--every friggin' game--that the offense can't get anything going and the play goes quickly back on CC.  

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

They kind of remind me of Minnesota when they're on fire.

Actually they remind me of the best of Babcock's Red Wings who played the pressure game better than most. I wish the Hawks could channel some of that, their efforts look sad beside the Knights at the moment.

galaxytrash said on 7 minutes ago:

wow, didnt realize it had been so long ago...

The Hawks are constantly bobbling the puck or not catching it in stride. Vegas forecheck is making the Hawks rush and that split second of not handling the puck cleanly is the difference between making a play and getting hemmed in.