The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/24 Hawks vs Knights

The Knights suddenly have major goaltending issues after injuries, and letting Pickard go - Can the Hawks take advantage?

Well, we saw what the Hawks did against the Blues when they had an extra day or so off -- let's hope they don't have their heads in their aces this time.

blackmore said on 20 minutes ago:

The Knights suddenly have major goaltending issues after injuries, and letting Pickard go - Can the Hawks take advantage?

Granada said on 12 minutes ago:

Well, we saw what the Hawks did against the Blues when they had an extra day or so off -- let's hope they don't have their heads in their aces this time.

Again, with the Knight goalie problems, it is an opportunity for the Hawks to jump on a down opponent.  But, they were unable to do it against the Wild (Parise and Granlund out) and the Blues (Fabbri, Bergland and Bouwmeester out).  So, we'll see.  I just hope they aren't too hungover to put on a good performance.  I am sure the Knight players are already beyond the glitz of Vegas and are ready to play hockey. 

Yeah, hopefully the Hawks can take advantage of the goalie situation, This team  , seemed to come out flying, hopefully it's their time to start cooling tonight, as the Hawks continue to grow, gel, whatever,  TNX M. R. ,     " GO HAWKS"

• Like 1

Thanks as always Ms Madrose!

Keep er rollin' boys.......keep er rollin'!

5-2-2 and lookin' for more. There are currently four teams with a higher point total and two with a better goal differential..........time to bear down and get things together.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

DeBrincat practicing in his usual spot on the 3rd line is a pretty good indication he'll play tonight which means the Hawks are OK with burning the first year of his ELC - which is what they should do because he has shown he is capable of playing in the NHL. Good.

The Bouma-Wingels-Hayden 4th line played very well last game so I doubt Q will change that line, nor should he, but at some point I hope Hayden gets an opportunity to show he can be more than just a 4th liner.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks again Ms Madrose... it is exciting to play an expansion team that has had the best start in NHL history! Get a good start boys and play a full 60 and the 2 points belong to you!

• Like 1

EbonyRaptor said on 1 hour ago:

DeBrincat practicing in his usual spot on the 3rd line is a pretty good indication he'll play tonight which means the Hawks are OK with burning the first year of his ELC - which is what they should do because he has shown he is capable of playing in the NHL. Good.

The Bouma-Wingels-Hayden 4th line played very well last game so I doubt Q will change that line, nor should he, but at some point I hope Hayden gets an opportunity to show he can be more than just a 4th liner.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

At our house, we have been calling him "The Rink Rat."  Sort of sounds like his name, and it probably fits from his earlier days growing up. :)

hawks27 said on 27 minutes ago:

At our house, we have been calling him "The Rink Rat."  Sort of sounds like his name, and it probably fits from his earlier days growing up. :)

Not bad, course I believe it's mandated all hockey nicknames have to end with either "er" or "y" so I'd probably go with rinkrater. :D 

Wow - the 9 pm start time is hard for old fogies like me. The Hawks better make it worth my while if I'm giving up prime sleep time for them! :P

The Knights have been on a whirlwind. I've watched all their games and they will out work a team in a heart beat. They are out there battling every shift and they will give 110 percent effort. So hopefully the Hawks can match it and bring back 2 points. 

They need to get as many shots as possible on their young tender who is making his NHL debut. 

Also, I didn't realize the Hawks PK is ranked 6th in the league. SO much better than the abysmal start from last year. Hope they can keep that up. It would be nice to see the PP start to get it together, but its always good when your PK is effective. 

Go Hawks!!!!

• Like 1

I haven't been paying that much attention to the NHL for a while.

Has anyone here been to the Vegas ice? Seen it on the tube?  Are GK getting full houses?

ATNBlackhawksFan said on 59 minutes ago:

Wow - the 9 pm start time is hard for old fogies like me. The Hawks better make it worth my while if I'm giving up prime sleep time for them! :P

The Knights have been on a whirlwind. I've watched all their games and they will out work a team in a heart beat. They are out there battling every shift and they will give 110 percent effort. So hopefully the Hawks can match it and bring back 2 points. 

They need to get as many shots as possible on their young tender who is making his NHL debut. 

Also, I didn't realize the Hawks PK is ranked 6th in the league. SO much better than the abysmal start from last year. Hope they can keep that up. It would be nice to see the PP start to get it together, but its always good when your PK is effective. 

Go Hawks!!!!

Yes, the PK is a real bright spot this year, so far.  It looks good.  Maybe they can shove some of what is working from the PK to the PP. 

RealIMuser said on 35 minutes ago:

Are GK getting full houses?

big thanks for the start, ms. madrose.

T-Mobile arena has a capacity(for hockey games) of 17,500.

so far they've been averaging 17,779 fans per game.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Edited by galaxytrash

Any idea who's the 4th pairing on defense? I'm guessing with Murphy playing maybe his best game yet and Oesterle not really doing anything outrageously bad that Franson and Kempny are still the odd guys out.

for now, Kempny and Franson are riding the pine. until the next back to back, at least.

I still think they should separate 7 and 2. I also would like to see Forsling and Rutta matched up against the opposition's top line. I wanna see how they fare.

• Like 1

RealIMuser said on 47 minutes ago:

I haven't been paying that much attention to the NHL for a while.

Has anyone here been to the Vegas ice? Seen it on the tube?  Are GK getting full houses?

They're basically sold out into perpetuity.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

vadarx said on 15 minutes ago:

for now, Kempny and Franson are riding the pine. until the next back to back, at least.

I still think they should separate 7 and 2. I also would like to see Forsling and Rutta matched up against the opposition's top line. I wanna see how they fare.

No matter where a guy stands on Seabs recent play,a little less regular season TOI could be real important for him later in the year. Oesterle's been OK and they might be showcasing him.

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

• Like 2

i'm sure not going to take anything away from vegas, but they've had likely the easiest schedule of anyone so far. only 2 on the road so far (won both in back to backs), and of their 7 games, only 2 have been against teams over .500 today. now, they won both of those games (against dallas and st. loo) but were outshot a combined 95-52 in those games.

given our tendency to give up shots like we have, this could be a pretty good game if you like that kind of thing.

CHI              LV

PP               17.1%         13.8%

PK               85.7%         82.6%

FO%           50.1             53,5

shots for      30.7             29.4

" against     35.9             34.1

hits              195              133

g.f./game     3.56             3.29

g.a./game    2.44            2.43

still amazes me how vegas has managed to score so many goals. that's usually the bane of any true first year expansion teams. just another sign that if you work hard, good things happen.

looking forward to this one. dansk is getting the start for them. always interesting for me to see a young goalie in his first start never mind which team i'm watching.

going to have to work hard and earn these points.

!!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!!

EbonyRaptor said on 2 hours ago:

Not bad, course I believe it's mandated all hockey nicknames have to end with either "er" or "y" so I'd probably go with rinkrater. :D 

You’re correct, but his nickname is “Brinsky”, and we need a thread for “Hockey Talk”. And you can only speak “Hockey”. “So I had a couple broadies back to my roomy, and one had a nice Darren Puppa, and the other was a Van Riemsdyk, so before I got my twig to get through the trolley tracks and wrinkle her twine, I thought it did be best to tape my stick first, sometimes it’s good to retape before you Darcy Tucker back into the faceoff circle”!!!

So they're filling the seats for hockey in the desert.

I guess that should not surprise me.  Vegas has a lot of residents coming from NHL cities, and those who grew up in Vegas will learn that even the desert born will have fun watching hockey.

RealIMuser said on 1 minute ago:

So they're filling the seats for hockey in the desert.

I guess that should not surprise me.  Vegas has a lot of residents coming from NHL cities, and those who grew up in Vegas will learn that even the desert born will have fun watching hockey.

**trying not to see the guy in the chelios sweater**

Edited by galaxytrash

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

**trying not to see the guy in the chelios sweater**

Does that guy in the Chelios jersey pass as part of the 90 or 10%?