The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/21 Hawks vs Yotes

Would it hurt to put Dcat with Kane and Schmaltz for a couple of shifts? Are they worried they'd be murdered out there or something? Is Hartman really that much of a deterrent? Dcat uses his body more effectively than some of the bigger guys anyways.

• Like 1

tincup61 said on 2 minutes ago:

Would it hurt to put Dcat with Kane and Schmaltz for a couple of shifts? Are they worried they'd be murdered out there or something? Is Hartman really that much of a deterrent? Dcat uses his body more effectively than some of the bigger guys anyways.

I'll do anything to create some space that isn't merely perimeter grazing.

My goodness, this is a 4-2-2 team vs. a 0-6-1 team.

Edited by GigECJ
  • Like 1

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

I'll do anything to create some space that isn't merely perimeter grazing.

Not sure what you mean by that, Gig.

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

The only space that the Hawks make for themselves offensively is when the opponent collapses giving them the perimeter.

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Not paying the price to work inside the dots and in front of the net in the offensive zone. We get into those patterns sometimes every year, but this one seems more difficult to explain than some prior ones.

Foggyspal said on 1 minute ago:

Is it odd that I think Rutta-Forsling D line is our best? 

Not at all, because they sure as hell look like it

yooper496 said on 2 minutes ago:

That's the way uh huh I like it uh huh uh huh!

It shouldn’t be this difficult to beat an ahl team who have not won a game this year

Edited by hawkinmontreal

Kaner really had to show his speed and his puck-handling on that breakaway.  Nice pass by Tazer.

• Like 2

hawkinmontreal said on 1 minute ago:

It shouldn’t be this difficult to beat an ahl team who have not won a game this year

You bet.  I actually was appreciating our two top paid players hooking up a sweet goal.

• Like 1

GigECJ said on 7 minutes ago:

The only space that the Hawks make for themselves offensively is when the opponent collapses giving them the perimeter.

Teams would be well versed on the Hawks tendencies. Getting them to stay on the outside usually works. I would just like to combine Dcat's knack for the open space and his touch with the two best passers on the team. Might get some chaos going to open up some lanes.

yooper496 said on Just now:

You bet.  I actually was appreciating our two top paid players hooking up a sweet goal.

It was great to see, I agree, but something just doesn’t seem right. It’s almost like half the team is tuned in and the other half is out sailing at sea.

This is a dull as dishwater game. Strange how the Hawks often play down to the level of the opposition. On paper they should be dominating this team!

hawkinmontreal said on 12 minutes ago:

It was great to see, I agree, but something just doesn’t seem right. It’s almost like half the team is tuned in and the other half is out sailing at sea.

...and when you're in Arizona, that means half the team is really far, far away.

Edited by GigECJ
  • Like 1