The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/12 Hawks vs Wild

galaxytrash said on 20 minutes ago:

you're not going to the UC for your free mustache?

ha i know!  thats been cracking me up every time i see it.

was at Wrigley in the rain yesterday, can only drive in chi-town once a week max!

• Like 1

NextDynasty said on 5 hours ago:

In the presser Quenneville was talking about getting Oesterle into a game, the mouth injury to Forsling would have been the time to slide him into tonight's game.

EbonyRaptor said on 4 hours ago:

Bummer Schmaltz is not back tonight - am really looking forward to see if that line can be as consistently good as it was in the game Schmaltz played. I don't mean the production they had as a line against the Pens, although obviously that would be nice, but the chemistry and scoring chances. Hopefully Saturday.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

Yes, that line was looking good in the first two games.  Since Schmaltz has been out the last two, Kane has looked like he did against Nashville in the playoffs last year-----wandering around lost. 

upon further review....after watching the replay...yeah, i think schmaltz go this bell rung.

funny, he seemed to take contact on the right side of his head but his shiner is on his left side.

On the Hawks power plays, why don't they deploy right handed shooters on the left point and lefties on the other side more often?  Same with at the dots.  Onetimers are key shots, especially with the man advantage.

The Hawks pregame show just showed the highlights from the game against Calgary on this date in 2009. That's the game where Calgary went up 5-0 and the Hawks came back to tie it 5-5 before Seabrook fired home the GWG in OT. Those highlights never get old.

• Like 2

nighbor said on 3 hours ago:

According to Q Anisimov is centering the second line. He failed miserably Tuesday.  I do not understand making changes to multiple lines to replace Schmaltz.  The fourth line has four players who have all played center at some point.  Last season Kero looked good with Kane and Panarin when he replaced Anisimov due to injury.so why not use Kero who is better able to keep up with Kane and Hartman than Anisimov.  If they want more size Hayden would be my choice.

Hopefully the blender is plugged in when they drop the opening puck...

EbonyRaptor said on 1 minute ago:

Those highlights never get old.

i didn't care for the first half of that hilite reel.

yooper496 said on 6 minutes ago:

On the Hawks power plays, why don't they deploy right handed shooters on the left point and lefties on the other side more often?  Same with at the dots.  Onetimers are key shots, especially with the man advantage.

Like Franson the other night with Seabrook on the right side. he was able to make that great pass to Debrincat that way. Totally makes sense to me as well.

• Like 1

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Like Franson the other night with Seabrook on the right side. he was able to make that great pass to Debrincat that way. Totally makes sense to me as well.

TY, tincup61.  I'd just assume having guys on both points on their off hands.  If there is more concern about possibly giving up shorthanded chances, they are not fully committed to scoring with the advantage, IMO.