The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/12 Hawks vs Wild

Crow starting, Murphy back in, Schmaltz skating (but more than likely out) according to beat writers.

• Like 2

Looking forward to a win and more puck possession and domination in the game.  I wonder if Kane can get back on track.  He sure has looked lost the last two games.  Maybe he is suffering from Toewsitis (not having linemates that work well for him).  Go Hawks!

NextDynasty said on 21 minutes ago:

On the face of things, these two sure are heady hockey players.  Good luck to both, as well as the rest of the group as the Hawks look to go 4-0-1 tonight!

• Like 1

Ugh, if the shiner is related to the "upper body injury," it sounds like concussion to me. He wouldn't be sitting if it was just the shiner.

yooper496 said on 31 minutes ago:

On the face of things, these two sure are heady hockey players.  Good luck to both, as well as the rest of the group as the Hawks look to go 4-0-1 tonight!

He's a sophisticated man; one who takes it on the chin!

• Like 1

Thanks as always Ms Madrose!

Keep er rollin' boys.......keep er rollin'!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

Bummer Schmaltz is not back tonight - am really looking forward to see if that line can be as consistently good as it was in the game Schmaltz played. I don't mean the production they had as a line against the Pens, although obviously that would be nice, but the chemistry and scoring chances. Hopefully Saturday.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

• Like 1

Minnesota is without Granlund and Parise and has not looked very good thus far. Hopefully the Hawks can steamroll them and increase their goals for/goals against spread tonight. Would be nice to see Kane get rolling again but I think the Wild will try to tighten their gaps and slow down the neutral zone. Either way, Hawks go to 4-0-1 imo

• Like 2

According to Q Anisimov is centering the second line. He failed miserably Tuesday.  I do not understand making changes to multiple lines to replace Schmaltz.  The fourth line has four players who have all played center at some point.  Last season Kero looked good with Kane and Panarin when he replaced Anisimov due to injury.so why not use Kero who is better able to keep up with Kane and Hartman than Anisimov.  If they want more size Hayden would be my choice.

• Like 1

minnfan36 said on 2 hours ago:

Minnesota is without Granlund and Parise and has not looked very good thus far. Hopefully the Hawks can steamroll them and increase their goals for/goals against spread tonight. Would be nice to see Kane get rolling again but I think the Wild will try to tighten their gaps and slow down the neutral zone. Either way, Hawks go to 4-0-1 imo

Unfortunately a "not-so-good" team is the type of team in the past 2 seasons the 'hawks tend to go easy on.  I hope that doesn't happen tonight.

jaty84 said on 8 minutes ago:

The game starts at 8.30 ET. I'm always confused. It's actually in 3.5 hours from now? 

yes.....unless those silly north americans have changed their clocks again.  :)

galaxytrash said on 9 minutes ago:

yes.....unless those silly north americans have changed their clocks again.  :)

Thanks. So I have to remember that time difference is 6 hours. It'll be 2.30am my time. Knowing that, good night to everyone. ☺️

• Like 1

thanks for cutting the ribbon on this one, ms. madrose.

first time against a central division foe in like forever. this division will be so close this year...methinks whoever has the best inter-divisional record will win it. 

bummer about schmaltz. i guess shiner could equal concussion but i didn't really think he had his bell rung on that play. he was sandwiched pretty hard for sure but i thought his head came out unscathed. i could be wrong but i hope i'm right. he did take the morning skate so a good sign no doubt.

anyways....here's a part of The Hockey News' preview of tonight's game. it's 2 games behind but it shows a lot of other numbers that most previews don't.

!!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!!

Knights                          Washington Capitals                          Winnipeg Jets                          
SEASON OVERVIEW
Minnesota Wild min.png   chi.pngChicago Blackhawks
0-1 (28) Season Record (NHL Rk) 3-0 (2)
7 Division Rank 2
13 Conference Rank 2
0-0 Home Record 2-0
0-1 Away Record 1-0
0-0 Division Record 0-0
0-0-0 Conference Record 0-0-0
6 Goals For 21
9 Goals Against 7
Winless 2 Streak Won 1
min.png
TEAM INFO
Height Average 6-1
Weight Average 199.9
Age Average 27.7
Oldest Matt Cullen (40)
Youngest Mason Shaw (18)
Rookies 3
30 years old + 9
HOW THE TEAM WAS BUILT
Drafted 8
Free agency 10
Waivers 0
Trades 5
EXPERIENCE
GP Forwards 6406 games
GP Defensemen 2562 games
GP Goalies 429 games
Team Totals 10471 games
chi.png
TEAM INFO
Height Average 6-1
Weight Average 197.0
Age Average 27.4
Oldest Michal Rozsival (39)
Youngest Alex DeBrincat (19)
Rookies 5
30 years old + 8
HOW THE TEAM WAS BUILT
Drafted 11
Free agency 11
Waivers 0
Trades 6
EXPERIENCE
GP Forwards 6472 games
GP Defensemen 3721 games
GP Goalies 395 games
Team Totals 10604 games

Edited by galaxytrash

Granada said on 4 hours ago:

Ugh, if the shiner is related to the "upper body injury," it sounds like concussion to me. He wouldn't be sitting if it was just the shiner.

That is the first thing I thought as well. Explains the wishy washy hopes of playing... I'll bet we don't see him until next Wednesday. 

Let's keep the home record spotless tonight, boys! 2 more points!

• Like 1

GT, I know you are Twitter savvy. Do me a solid and see if you can post the pic of Big Buff and his sturgeon on here for me. 

vadarx said on Just now:

GT, I know you are Twitter savvy. Do me a solid and see if you can post the pic of Big Buff and his sturgeon on here for me. 

that'd be a keeper if you could keep it.

• Like 3

nighbor said on 1 hour ago:

According to Q Anisimov is centering the second line. He failed miserably Tuesday.  I do not understand making changes to multiple lines to replace Schmaltz.  The fourth line has four players who have all played center at some point.  Last season Kero looked good with Kane and Panarin when he replaced Anisimov due to injury.so why not use Kero who is better able to keep up with Kane and Hartman than Anisimov.  If they want more size Hayden would be my choice.

in fact, Anisimov is Hawks fastest skater (AAR)

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

galaxytrash said on 21 minutes ago:

that'd be a keeper if you could keep it.

I knew you'd find it for me! Thanks, my friend!

What a frickin fish that is! Makes Buff look small....

• Like 1

davebrau said on 8 minutes ago:

thanks MR

Hawks and Cubs again! oh my!

Lets Go Hawks!!!

you're not going to the UC for your free mustache?

• Like 1