The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
txyak

Krugers replacement

yooper496 said on 35 minutes ago:

Actually I am on light duty as I recover from yesterday's thumb surgery.  And to imagine I questioned Sharp's health, Ha!!

Stop putting your thumbs where they don't belong and you will avoid having surgery on them :D

Creature1958 said on 23 minutes ago:

Stop putting your thumbs where they don't belong and you will avoid having surgery on them :D

I do think I qualify for a bubble to hide in!

yooper496 said on 1 minute ago:

I do think I qualify for a bubble to hide in!

I personally would go for something more durable as it has been known that people here have burst many bubbles with just the submit of a post. And I sure hope you are not talking about crawling up and hiding in GT :lol:

Creature1958 said on 10 minutes ago:

I personally would go for something more durable as it has been known that people here have burst many bubbles with just the submit of a post. And I sure hope you are not talking about crawling up and hiding in GT :lol:

Eeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhhh!

iknowpuck said on 1 hour ago:

I'd like Krugers replacement ultimately to be Dauphin...at a much more reasonable cap hit.

Sorry, gotta stay with a K name. Kruger, Kero, Knott, Kampf. It's the way she goes!!!

Big-T said on 24 minutes ago:

Sorry, gotta stay with a K name. Kruger, Kero, Knott, Kampf. It's the way she goes!!!

Then just add Kisio...never mind...that fax machine was broken.

Dauphin over any one of those K guys!!!  Just my thought...unless he goes to the wing.

iknowpuck said on 32 minutes ago:

Then just add Kisio...never mind...that fax machine was broken.

Dauphin over any one of those K guys!!!  Just my thought...unless he goes to the wing.

Kelly Kisio? Anyways, I think you'll be very impressed with Knott, he's faster than you'd think, and he does a lot of small things well. I think he's gonna make it and make an impact, he's also Huge!!!

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Kelly Kisio? Anyways, I think you'll be very impressed with Knott, he's faster than you'd think, and he does a lot of small things well. I think he's gonna make it and make an impact, he's also Huge!!!

K for Kisio...should have been a Hawk back in the day...unless someone pulled the plug on that fax machine.

We need a checking/shutdown center.  Who has been/is Kruger’s replacement?  Wingels?  Doesn’t seem to be Kero.  Do we have one right now?

iknowpuck said on 3 minutes ago:

We need a checking/shutdown center.  Who has been/is Kruger’s replacement?  Wingels?  Doesn’t seem to be Kero.  Do we have one right now?

I think it's nothing wrong with Kero but center alone is not enough for the entire solid shutdown line.So Q rather goes with Toews line and Kero has no job atm.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

iknowpuck said on 3 minutes ago:

Sharp - Kero - Panik?

so you would bury Hawks actually 2nd most productive and power forward in Kero-Sharp line ?

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Not necessarily...I like Panik...but the trade off for me is putting D-cat on the top line...he is not a checker...Panik can be.  Odd parts to the lines.  They just don’t all seem to fit/slot very well.

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

Not necessarily...I like Panik...but the trade off for me is putting D-cat on the top line...he is not a checker...Panik can be.  Odd parts to the lines.  They just don’t all seem to fit/slot very well.

I'd say leave dcat where he is playing well, there were enough experiments, chaos and lost points.Let him play favorable macthups, playing against ops top dmen would not help him anyway.

raw-comp-impact.jpg

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

I think you can maximize D-cat’s scoring ability on a line with JT and Saad if they are a scoring line.  D-cat is a better goal scorer than Panik.  Panik is a better checker than D-cat.  Seems logical.

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

I think you can maximize D-cat’s scoring ability on a line with JT and Saad if they are a scoring line.  D-cat is a better goal scorer than Panik.  Panik is a better checker than D-cat.  Seems logical.

ALL forwards' performance and productivity goes rapidly down if they have to play against better quality players, dcat is no exception.Look at the graph above.

That's why coaches always try play their best scorers against as easy matchup as possible, look at Kane, who always plays against ops 3-4th lines at least in home games.movin Dcat to Toews line would make things only worse.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

iknowpuck said on 26 minutes ago:

Don’t see the graph.  I get that...but, D-cat playing with better players (JT and Saad) helps the cause too.

Ok, I post it again.Also difference between Dcat and Panik are those two empty net goals, otherwise he is worse in all other stats including physical play or 8 goal difference in plusminus...I'd say give the young guy some time  ...

raw-comp-impact.jpg

what the graph says, average 50% CF forward (red line) as Dcat becomes 33% CF below average forward if he has to play against top opposition.It means less puck possesion, less shots and goal chances and finally less productivity.

I've checked adv. stats, Dcat (CF 50%) played against slightly less quality opposition -1%  ( exactly CF 49%) but ie Panik (CF 56%) played against higher quality opposition +7%  (exactly 63%) till now.If you would swap them, it would definitely not help Dcat score more goals regardles of better linemates. (stats are from real games, so better/worse linemates factor is already in)

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

iknowpuck said on 48 minutes ago:

I fully agree the team is somewhat desperate for a third-line centre, though I'm hoping the replacement will be more effective than Kruger.  

The coach never trusted Kruger, which is why he burned out Toews in checking roles the last few years.  

What is needed is Dave Bolland, Volume Two - someone who the coach trusts to annoy, distract (and shutdown) this year's version of the Sedin twins.   Kero does not seem mean or intense enough for the job.    The player for this role should have an edge and play a bit dirty.   It would be a real bonus if he could win a faceoff (and preferably shoot right).

My first thought here remains John Hayden, and I do not get why Quenneville has not tried him in the role.   Unlike Hartman, Hayden does have recent experience playing centre in college.  He's not a great skater, but he gets there and has some real reach, which is always helpful.

If Hayden is not the answer, there should be some trade options out there.   I wonder if Murphy plus a draft pick might interest a potential trade partner.  Apparently, Bowman's replacement for Hjalmarsson is already being shopped around.   What a waste. 

There are some potential in-house solutions long term   I am excited about Dauphin, Kampf and especially Knott in this role long term.

iknowpuck said on 18 minutes ago:

So, is Panik tradeable to bring a return?  Is D-cat?  IMO, one of them should play on the top line.

here is exact comparsion, as you see Dcat is not at the top level yet even those 5+2 goals he scored, in all stats he is way behind top forwards yet.For now, Panik has all stats way better even he plays against better quality ops (CF% rel.) .

pppppp.jpg

you need keep both, one, rel. low cap hit top line forward you need right now and the other 19 years old talent is the future.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Panik is terrific one night, and then he disappears for two or three games.   It has been his history for his entire pro career.

If he could find a way to maintain his intensity consistently, he would be a star in this league.

Byfuglien - a favourite of mine - was like that.   So was Bickell.

mvr said on Just now:

Panik is terrific one night, and then he disappears for two or three games.   It has been his history for his entire pro career.

If he could find a way to maintain his intensity consistently, he would be a star in this league.

Byfuglien - a favourite of mine - was like that.   So was Bickell.

he is 2nd in total production this season regardless of up-down performance, that's the bigger picture you want.Also who is consistent in this team except Crawford ? KAne ? Toews ? Who ?

OK I stop here before someone accuses me to be euro homer or similar BS, enough said about Panik from me for now..