The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
txyak

Krugers replacement

Kero seems to be doing Freddys job well. He made a few excellent defensive plays against the Habs last night. No doubt he has Q's trust and a bargain vs Krugers contract

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And I believe Kero's replacement is in tow. We can no longer afford to pay 4th liners millions. What Kero makes is probably gonna be the max for a 4th liner. I believe Kampf and Knott will eventually take that role when Kero's contract is up. Personally, I thought Kero looked flat again last night. 4th line guys need to bring it with their limited minutes, it's what we lacked last year!!!

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

And I believe Kero's replacement is in tow. We can no longer afford to pay 4th liners millions. What Kero makes is probably gonna be the max for a 4th liner. I believe Kampf and Knott will eventually take that role when Kero's contract is up. Personally, I thought Kero looked flat again last night. 4th line guys need to bring it with their limited minutes, it's what we lacked last year!!!

Kinda hard on him T. It's been 4 games and he hasn't played with any players to even get a feel for them. When Schmaltz got hurt AA moved up and so did Kero. AA at least played with Kane and knows what to do. Kero has not played with anybody in the bottom 6 so offensively he may not look great but he is doing the little things right when he does not have the puck. Once he gets some chemistry with these players I think his production offensively will change. For now he is good with the PK and the little things without the puck.

• Like 2

Creature1958 said on 5 hours ago:

Kinda hard on him T. It's been 4 games and he hasn't played with any players to even get a feel for them. When Schmaltz got hurt AA moved up and so did Kero. AA at least played with Kane and knows what to do. Kero has not played with anybody in the bottom 6 so offensively he may not look great but he is doing the little things right when he does not have the puck. Once he gets some chemistry with these players I think his production offensively will change. For now he is good with the PK and the little things without the puck.

I don't think I was being hard on him, more of just calling it as I see it. Once Kero's contract is up next year, I doubt he signs for the same thing, he'll want more or a bigger role, and you can't blame him. I like the kid, but the 4th liners need to remain at the same price tag for a team like the Hawks. Anyways, it seems good that we have a couple others in tow, as we've seen the revolving door of the salary cap era will continue!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 16 hours ago:

II agree.  I think Daphine fits in some where too.  Very, Very fast (with the puck too)

Creature1958 said on 18 hours ago:

I agree with OP.

Also, 4th line center should be good defensively but should not be as good for offense, because if he is good on both sides, then it's not more 4-th liner and would ask too much money (ie Frolik).

• Like 1

Big-T said on 21 hours ago:

What is it with all the K's?  Kruger, Kero, Kampf, Knott,...

• Like 1

I was referring to the fact that he plays on the PK and made a couple stellar defensive plays on D against the Habs. He hasn't been racking up the points on offense yet but neither did Freddy. He's still an important piece moving forward even if he can be replaced in the future if the price isn't right.

• Upvote 1

GigECJ said on 1 hour ago:

I would hope the league would step in if all three were on the same line!!!

txyak said on 47 minutes ago:

I was referring to the fact that he plays on the PK and made a couple stellar defensive plays on D against the Habs. He hasn't been racking up the points on offense yet but neither did Freddy. He's still an important piece moving forward even if he can be replaced in the future if the price isn't right.

I'm not talking about the scoring of Kero, he had a tough time getting the puck out of his zone a few times. Again, I like the kid, and I don't think he'll lose a spot on the Hawks, more or less he'll want more money, and that's where Knott, or Kampf come in!!!

GigECJ said on 2 hours ago:

Replacement for B's, Bickell, Brouwer, Bolland.... 

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

I would hope the league would step in if all three were on the same line!!!

OMG, I'm so sure!

GigECJ said on 4 hours ago:

They should prolly sign Randy Johnson...

galaxytrash said on 1 minute ago:

maybe dwight gooden.

Boy, we both gotta get with the times.  There's gotta be a pitcher since the 80s-90s to be a strikeout guy!

yooper496 said on 8 minutes ago:

Boy, we both gotta get with the times.  There's gotta be a pitcher since the 80s-90s to be a strikeout guy!

but there's only one Dr. K.   :)

When I compare 13 outta 15 on the kill after four tilts this year to last year with Krugs in the line up,I have to think Kero has at least something to do with that. If we have better than Tanner Kero in the system,that's fine with me and if we keep killing penalties until we get those players up here,that's fine with me too.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 2

yooper496 said on 2 minutes ago:

I'm just so ecstatic they have a yooper in the lineup...Ha!

Good to have one back on the boards full time too my friend!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

GigECJ said on 5 hours ago:

I see a commercial in the works from Special K cereal. :lol:

Big-T said on 19 hours ago:

I don't think I was being hard on him, more of just calling it as I see it. Once Kero's contract is up next year, I doubt he signs for the same thing, he'll want more or a bigger role, and you can't blame him. I like the kid, but the 4th liners need to remain at the same price tag for a team like the Hawks. Anyways, it seems good that we have a couple others in tow, as we've seen the revolving door of the salary cap era will continue!!!

That's the biggest question T. Could he improve enough this year to make AA the odd man out and then still sign for less then him? I say AA because as of now he is the 3rd line center with Nick Schmaltz liquor being #2.

hsbob said on 9 minutes ago:

Good to have one back on the boards full time too my friend!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Actually I am on light duty as I recover from yesterday's thumb surgery.  And to imagine I questioned Sharp's health, Ha!!

yooper496 said on 4 minutes ago:

Actually I am on light duty as I recover from yesterday's thumb surgery.  And to imagine I questioned Sharp's health, Ha!!

Good luck with the recovery buddy boy.........it'll be important for a guy who's 'all' thumbs!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

yooper496 said on 6 minutes ago:

Sharpie looks good out there and he's probably just as important when he's NOT out there.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

hsbob said on 2 minutes ago:

Good luck with the recovery buddy boy.........it'll be important for a guy who's 'all' thumbs!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Or at least one who sticks out like a sore thumb.  Having no problem hitching rides lately.