The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Madrose

10/09 Hawks vs Leafs

thanks MR

woooo, what a night, not sure how ill be able to watch cubs, hawks, bears, but im going to try!

keep up the fast start boys

Lets Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

davebrau said on 7 minutes ago:

thanks MR

woooo, what a night, not sure how ill be able to watch cubs, hawks, bears, but im going to try!

Lets Go Hawks!!!

Cubs and Hawks and Bears, oh my!

• Like 1

Phill9 said on 6 minutes ago:

Cubs and Hawks and Bears, oh my!

ha, ive been saying that all morning!  crazy..

Schmaltz didn't make the trip and no one was recalled, I wonder if Hartman will play 2C again with DCat on LW and Hayden moves up to the 3rd line. 

davebrau said on 1 hour ago:

thanks MR

Lets Go Hawks!!!

I have the same problem and glad I have my DVR recorder.  But, the problem is the bottom line that channels keep running during the games.  It informs you of the scores of the games you have yet to view.  The only solution is duct tape across the bottom line.  Enjoy the games!!

This Leaf game tonight should be very interesting as the Leafs and Hawks share the lead for most goals in their two games---15 apiece.  However, the Hawks are far ahead in their GA, 2 v. 7.  So, are the Hawks the better defensive team?  I guess we'll see how they fare against a team that has had no problem scoring goals----even Marleau has 2.  Otherwise, the Leaf scoring is pretty well spread out with 1s and a few 2s.  Would like to see another Hawk win and 3 points from Kane. 

Edited by jacksalmon

jacksalmon said on 26 minutes ago:

I have the same problem and glad I have my DVR recorder.  But, the problem is the bottom line that channels keep running during the games.  It informs you of the scores of the games you have yet to view.  The only solution is duct tape across the bottom line.  Enjoy the games!!

you're right!  forgot about that

got burned saturday on cubs post game, saw the Hawks were up 1-0..

real world problems here my friend!

davebrau said on Just now:

you're right!  forgot about that

got burned saturday on cubs post game, saw the Hawks were up 1-0..

real world problems here my friend!

Your last line is really funny to me for the following reason.  I called my cable provider once with a complaint about the recording of some game.  He got it fixed up and then told me that what I had was a first world problem.  I quickly commented that it was better than having a third world hunger problem.  That problem cannot be fixed with duct tape. 

• Like 1

What a dandy of a night a head of us, the Hawks game should be real fun to watch, and the Bears and Trubs should be good.

Go Hawks Go!!!!!

I like if both goalies share starts more over the season but in such prestige game against opponent who recently scored 15 goals in two games ...  I'd rather go on safe/conservative way as CC had two good games.I hope Forsberg is strong enough to survive this trial.

Also I dont like that Q dismantled well playing 3rd line and moved slow Anisimov back to fast Kane, he could rather have call up Kampf or Hinostroza.It would be not bigger risk than start with with rookie in the net.

• Like 2

GO HAWKS GO! Hoping for a solid road game tonight especially with the rookie netminder in

• Like 1

i flat out refuse to be brought back to earth today. 5-3 hawks.

thanks for the start as always, ms. madrose.

!!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!!

Modry-Jazyk said on 3 hours ago:

I like if both goalies share starts more over the season but in such prestige game against opponent who recently scored 15 goals in two games ...  I'd rather go on safe/conservative way as CC had two good games.I hope Forsberg is strong enough to survive this trial.

Also I dont like that Q dismantled well playing 3rd line and moved slow Anisimov back to fast Kane, he could rather have call up Kampf or Hinostroza.It would be not bigger risk than start with with rookie in the net.

I think the reasons Q went with Forsberg is:

1. He has confidence in the D at this point
  2. He doesn't want to Kiprusoff Crawford.  Thus he'll swap goalies on a back-to-back.
  3. If this game goes to a shooting match we can go toe-to-toe with Toronto, and probably come out the better based on our D upside.
  4. Our D has historically played tighter with a backup in net.
  5. Crawford has historically owned the 'habs...or, shall I say it's on the level of PWN3D the 'habs. :D.   The last time the 'hawks lost vs them was back in 2014, and I remember that game--Crawford stole the game in a goalie duel with Price only for Seabrook and Oduya to give it right back to the 'habs by playing not like Seabrook and Oduya but more like Odelin and Zyuzin.

Ergo, I think Q is hedging his bet that Crawford continues his magic against his hometown, and knowing that Toronto is operating with a team 3.50GAA vs. the 'hawks 1.00GAA the 'hawks can afford to take a possible hit in net knowing the D and the O can keep pace.

OOPS - posting in the wrong GDT ...

I'm calling it now - DCat with his first NHL goal tonight ... and his second.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

Thanks as always Ms Madrose!

Keep er rollin'boys......keep er rollin'!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 27 minutes ago:

it seems Rutta and Forsling up, Kempas and Murphy down : )  if I am right, Rutta had 2nd highest TOI last game, but against tired teams, now it will be true test for him (and for others  too)

Edited by Modry-Jazyk