The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

Patrick Sharp is coming to town.

I know I know, I didn't want him back but damn that first powerplay looked good.

Suprisingly fast skater in his goal, too.

• Like 1

As long as we can keep his minutes down some during the regular season (probably give him a few nights off, too), then i think Shooter will be a major factor come playoff time... 

Edited by vadarx

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

As long as we can keep his minutes down some during the regular season (probably give him a few nights, too), then i think Shooter will be a major factor come playoff time... 

I agree, he will be a vital component to this team, with him and AA on the third line teams need to keep these guys in check because they will certainly hurt you on the scoreboard if taken to lightly. 

• Like 1

Pertti said on 9 hours ago:

I know I know, I didn't want him back but damn that first powerplay looked good.

Suprisingly fast skater in his goal, too.

I’m not sold...but I also hope I’m wrong about him being back in the sweater.

Time will tell if he can withstand the grind of the season with where he is at in his career.

I would place Sharp on waivers.  

He is a fine compliment to a championship team and the Blackhawks aren't that.

Quenneville naturally feels an affinity for him but he has no place on this team and the coach does not need another security blanket to rely on.

The Blackhawks would be better served with one of their kids playing at this level.

• Like 5

Puckjim said on 3 hours ago:

I would place Sharp on waivers.  

He is a fine compliment to a championship team and the Blackhawks aren't that.

Quenneville naturally feels an affinity for him but he has no place on this team and the coach does not need another security blanket to rely on.

The Blackhawks would be better served with one of their kids playing at this level.

What's the point?  

There is no prospect in Rockford who is better right now.   Perhaps by March, some prospect will emerge.   But by then, the team should be able to find a roster spot for him.  

I wouldn't put him on waivers but I would put him on the 4rd line and give Debrincat his spot but for some reason Q put Debrincat back on RW on Sharps line, even though DCat has been scoring and putting up points on...LW.

Sharp is a -8 with Zero points in the last 11gms, yet Q keeps sitting Hayden and/or Hartman while giving Sharp regular shifts and PP time, makes no sense. 

• Like 2

OldTimeHawky said on 28 minutes ago:

I wouldn't put him on waivers but I would put him on the 4rd line and give Debrincat his spot but for some reason Q put Debrincat back on RW on Sharps line, even though DCat has been scoring and putting up points on...LW.

Sharp is a -8 with Zero points in the last 11gms, yet Q keeps sitting Hayden and/or Hartman while giving Sharp regular shifts and PP time, makes no sense. 

This is why I agree with PJ.  This team isn't going to win the cup.  Play Hayden, Hartman or someone else from the Rock in his place.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 19 hours ago:

This is why I agree with PJ.  This team isn't going to win the cup.  Play Hayden, Hartman or someone else from the Rock in his place.

I believe Sharp still has something to offer a contending team.

Leadership and experience go a long way in May and June.

The Blackhawks won't be playing then so why not get one of our kids some playing time and give Sharp one more kick at the cat? 

Puckjim said on 3 hours ago:

I believe Sharp still has something to offer a contending team.

Leadership and experience go a long way in May and June.

The Blackhawks won't be playing then so why not get one of our kids some playing time and give Sharp one more kick at the cat? 

Leadership and experience are needed here.  The Hawks are breaking in several young forwards (Hartman, Hayden, Debrincat, Schmaltz etc).   That's certainly enough kids for now for the coaches to manage.

mvr said on 7 minutes ago:

Leadership and experience are needed here.  The Hawks are breaking in several young forwards (Hartman, Hayden, Debrincat, Schmaltz etc).   That's certainly enough kids for now for the coaches to manage.

Funny you ask that. Every team has leadership. Tell me the leadership you see on this team ? How do you fix a problem without leaders?

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

Funny you ask that. Every team has leadership. Tell me the leadership you see on this team ? How do you fix a problem without leaders?

Pops:

It only took 8,821 posts for you to NAIL IT.  This post gets post of the life of the boards.

Answer to question #1 - I don't.

Answer to question #2 - You don't.

This is a major problem right now.

PS - I knew you had it in you!

Edited by iknowpuck

iknowpuck said on 37 minutes ago:

Pops:

It only took 8,821 posts for you to NAIL IT.  This post gets post of the life of the boards.

Answer to question #1 - I don't.

Answer to question #2 - You don't.

This is a major problem right now.

PS - I knew you had it in you!

Yeah but most things shall pass. This one does not it makes me puke. Those 8,800 post were still the best times I've had here and always will be. We have agreed we have argued there is hate and love and we always get through it....sometimes with the Mods being Mods with their almighty Time-out sprinkle dust or whatever it is they do so magically to make posters appear and disappear which is probably a good thing because them thinking they are magicians are better for us. Think if they had the Santa Claus syndrome ? Santa would be the most hated person alive. You don't get rewarded for being good (hint hey how about some presents for us grinch turds) you only get punished for being.........yourself sometimes :P These boards and everybody's input over the years have helped so much. You don't get to these conclusions by agreeing with everything. I loved the battles and hugfests I loved he sucks or he's great bad deal great deal players numbers etc..... people forget sometimes that all of this is about that Indianhead that we cheer for...everything else like yesterday is in the past but I know that the Indianhead is the future.

Creature1958 said on On 11/15/2017 at 7:11 PM:

Yeah but most things shall pass. This one does not it makes me puke. Those 8,800 post were still the best times I've had here and always will be. We have agreed we have argued there is hate and love and we always get through it....sometimes with the Mods being Mods with their almighty Time-out sprinkle dust or whatever it is they do so magically to make posters appear and disappear which is probably a good thing because them thinking they are magicians are better for us. Think if they had the Santa Claus syndrome ? Santa would be the most hated person alive. You don't get rewarded for being good (hint hey how about some presents for us grinch turds) you only get punished for being.........yourself sometimes :P These boards and everybody's input over the years have helped so much. You don't get to these conclusions by agreeing with everything. I loved the battles and hugfests I loved he sucks or he's great bad deal great deal players numbers etc..... people forget sometimes that all of this is about that Indianhead that we cheer for...everything else like yesterday is in the past but I know that the Indianhead is the future.

Seems like a swan song.

nice to see sharpie pot one tonight.

not a lot of good things said about him here, but he is playing on the cheap for us, he brings experience, he might've lost a step but he looks healthy to me. i just think that if he could get a goal or 2 tomorrow, he could take off because he's always been streaky. if he wasn't getting chances i wouldn't post this but he's getting plenty of them.

anyways...a nice story from "the athletic" which they were kind enough to put out without the subscription. i hope his dad's fight with cancer continues to go well and it helps inspire him like it did tonight.

https://theathletic.com/168101/2017/11/28/emotional-patrick-sharp-breaks-through-on-hockey-fights-cancer-night/

• Like 2

galaxytrash said on 5 hours ago:

nice to see sharpie pot one tonight.

not a lot of good things said about him here, but he is playing on the cheap for us, he brings experience, he might've lost a step but he looks healthy to me. i just think that if he could get a goal or 2 tomorrow, he could take off because he's always been streaky. if he wasn't getting chances i wouldn't post this but he's getting plenty of them.

anyways...a nice story from "the athletic" which they were kind enough to put out without the subscription. i hope his dad's fight with cancer continues to go well and it helps inspire him like it did tonight.

https://theathletic.com/168101/2017/11/28/emotional-patrick-sharp-breaks-through-on-hockey-fights-cancer-night/

Hartzie worked his ballz off behind the net to put two 'on a tee' for Sharpie last night and he almost finished both,he'll get goin'!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 2