The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

Patrick Sharp is coming to town.

Who says lightning can't strike twice?

Edited by Phill9

jacksalmon said on 6 minutes ago:

Sharp will be good enough for this team.  There are many better, younger players than Sharp, but he is all the Hawks can afford.  With his experience; and, I assume, his remaining skills, he is a good pickup for the money.  Hope he works out well. 

a glowing review if i ever saw one!   :P

mvr said on 6 hours ago:

But you are ok with guys like Tootoo and Desjardins for basically the same salary.    I don't get it.

because you don't get what's the different roles of different players, ie DJ and Tootoo, for you Sharp can replace Tootoo and vice versa.But even if Hawks would have 10x Sharp and 10x Schmaltz in the roster, players like DJ and Tootoo will still be there in the lineup.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

Do these types of players contribute to the scoresheet?   Do they help stop the other team from scoring?   Can they be used on the powerplay or the penalty kill?   Are they good forecheckers or backcheckers?   Do they intimidate with their size or their physicality?   

You are absolutely right, Modry,   I do not "get what's the role" of guys like Desjardins or Tootoo.

I do understand what Sharp will contribute if healthy.   The bottom six is much better now than it was last year.  

• Upvote 2

Phill9 said on 1 hour ago:

Who says lightning can't strike twice?

Well those two Lightning struck once anyways!

galaxytrash said on 4 hours ago:

a glowing review if i ever saw one!   :P

Well, his production was beginning to wane even before sent of to Dallas.  Now, he will be returning from a serious surgery.  It would be a little foolish to expect a lot from him, no?  But, a pleasant surprise would be welcome. 

I'd rather see Santa Claus on the roster for 1.5 million for 1 year with a NMC.

Edited by iknowpuck
  • Upvote 1

yooper496 said on Just now:

^kind of a catchy theme tune for this topic, hey?!

Learning from the riddler...only from the best!😁

He knows the system and if he is healthy it might be a good thing. I will remain cautiously optimistic as I have always been a fan of Sharps play. Even when he doesn't produce on the score sheet.

Happy Canada day fellow Canadians.

• Upvote 1

iknowpuck said on 2 minutes ago:

Learning from the riddler...only from the best!😁

Now that is frightening!

• Upvote 1

KEKHAWK said on 37 minutes ago:

He knows the system and if he is healthy it might be a good thing. I will remain cautiously optimistic as I have always been a fan of Sharps play. Even when he doesn't produce on the score sheet.

Happy Canada day fellow Canadians.

Here's to 150 more! And I hope I get to see all of them!!!

• Upvote 3

Big-T said on 39 minutes ago:

Here's to 150 more! And I hope I get to see all of them!!!

What are you a tomcat?

• Upvote 1

The terms of Sharps contract has been released, 800k with a 200k bonus for games played.

He was offered more from other teams but him and his wife wanted to come home and he wants to help the Hawks win another Cup. 

mvr said on 17 hours ago:

Do these types of players contribute to the scoresheet?   Do they help stop the other team from scoring?   Can they be used on the powerplay or the penalty kill?   Are they good forecheckers or backcheckers?   Do they intimidate with their size or their physicality?   

You are absolutely right, Modry,   I do not "get what's the role" of guys like Desjardins or Tootoo.

I do understand what Sharp will contribute if healthy.   The bottom six is much better now than it was last year.  

I'd lose ADJ myself too mvr but he did stop guys from scoring on a shut down line with Kruger and Shaw in the SCF,they took a hot triplets line out of that series. I also have no idea why he and Roszival get re-signed at this point though.

Tootoo's here because he's basically the only guy besides Hartman who'll drop em and he's better and better suited for it than anyone else on the roster by far. Shoulda grabbed Hartnell for a mil,tougher than a $2 steak and will still pot mid to high teens.........good value for a year. I agree with you,a couple of tougher players who can still check and play on the cheap would help a lot.

I'll admit I enjoyed the sportsman-like style the boys have played the past several years and it fit when they could skate rings around opponents but now that they have to fight for what they get in the postseason.........the well mannered stuff gets shoved outta the way!  By almost all accounts the Pens are the best run org. in the league and they went out and acquired Ryan Reaves,they didn't do this because they're suffering under some sort of misconception,they did it because they understand the nature of the game IMO!  

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 2 hours ago:

The terms of Sharps contract has been released, 800k with a 200k bonus for games played.

He was offered more from other teams but him and his wife wanted to come home and he wants to help the Hawks win another Cup. 

Just heard Sharpie on WBBM and he sounds like a guy on a mission to be honest,his health is a big concern but the $$$ amount is a no brainer IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 1

^^^ The reports were that JT and Kane wanted Tootoo.  There's a reason.

Probably the same reason Crosby is happy to see Reaves in the same sweater.

iknowpuck said on Just now:

actually it was seabrook and keith as well maybe if i*m not mistaken.

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 3 minutes ago:

Yes, that sounds right.

When you have core players going to the GM asking for Tootoo to be brought in, you know what the message is and the weight it should carry.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 6 hours ago:

The 200K bonus kicks in if he plays 10 games, so it's pretty much automatic. Just FYI.

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 5 hours ago:

Yeah it was Keith who made a request for Tootoo, said he'd rather have him chasing down the other teams D than chasing him. 

I don't mind him on the 4th line but I'd rather see Baun get a chance, he's a big guy who likes to hit and he can provide some offense. He impressed Q a couple years ago and earned a spot to start the season.

mvr said on On 7/1/2017 at 0:50 PM:

According to CF Dej has not been resigned.

My gut feeling is the only reason Tootoo was resigned was to be able to protect Hartman--ditto with Rosie (for exposure requirements).  I expect both of them to be the typical 13th FWD/7th D-man that comes in only if there's an injury.  It's better to have them fetching Eddie-O his softserve than having a youth waste away there when they could be playing in Rockford.

• Upvote 2

LordKOTL said on 3 hours ago:

According to CF Dej has not been resigned.

My gut feeling is the only reason Tootoo was resigned was to be able to protect Hartman--ditto with Rosie (for exposure requirements).  I expect both of them to be the typical 13th FWD/7th D-man that comes in only if there's an injury.  It's better to have them fetching Eddie-O his softserve than having a youth waste away there when they could be playing in Rockford.

And I doubt any team will be knocking on his door. I think it would take a lot for Desi to leave Chicago since his family made the decision that they love this city and organization. He may not get NHL money but I'm sure Rocky has a place for him in this organization. The Hawks just seem to take care of their loyal players and find a way to keep them in the fold.

iknowpuck said on On 2017-07-02 at 9:48 AM:

I don't understand when Tootoo is in the lineup, and someone takes a liberty on one of our guys, especially a star, why Tootoo isn't the next guy over the boards and smashing his teeth into the back of his throat? In the regular season it's worth the penalties. I just can't buy into a team on top sending out an enforcer to clean things up, are worried about an extra 2 or 4 minute penalty or even a 10 added in. I don't see the logic of having the said enforcer around and be more of a liability and the coach never uses him, and burns out his star players cuz they take the ice time from the enforcer. Tootoo really didn't do much in the way of stopping liberties being taken, and it wasn't Tootoos fault, he was never really given the "tap on the shoulder". I think once he went out and destroyed Roussel. And he only had a handful of tilts the whole year. I'd rather someone else take that roster spot if the coach won't allow the enforcer to be an enforcer!!!

• Upvote 1

^ He came to Kane's aid a couple times actually, and I think Toews' as well. Out of our last handful of enforcers, he was by the far the most effective.

• Upvote 2