The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

Patrick Sharp is coming to town.

^ I assume not and I don't believe he should either. I think that would be a bad move to strip Seabrook of it.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of what people think of Sharp, reality is that the Hawks have cap problems and getting a guy like Sharp is simply the result of those problems.  Boyle and Gagner got much more money than Sharp is going to get. The Hawks could not afford them because they have so much money tied up with their "stars".  So, they get a very decent player in Sharp, who may have a few goals left in him.  Such is the way these days in the Hawk financial universe.  Sharp might be a much better gamble than one of those young guys they bring up and them send back to Rockford never to be heard of again. 

jacksalmon said on 1 minute ago:

Regardless of what people think of Sharp, reality is that the Hawks have cap problems and getting a guy like Sharp is simply the result of those problems.  Boyle and Gagner got much more money than Sharp is going to get. The Hawks could not afford them because they have so much money tied up with their "stars".  So, they get a very decent player in Sharp, who may have a few goals left in him.  Such is the way these days in the Hawk financial universe.  Sharp might be a much better gamble than one of those young guys they bring up and them send back to Rockford never to be heard of again. 

so you*re happy jack? its hard to tell sometimes.  :)

Phill9 said on 16 minutes ago:

So does Sharp get the A back from Seabrook?

he definitely won*t be able to afford it.  :)

Guessing Sharp wasn't paying attention to the largest property tax increase in Chicago history that started in 2017. His contract just might cover the cost of those taxes now that he's moving back to Chicago!

Phill9 said on 6 minutes ago:

Guessing Sharp wasn't paying attention to the largest property tax increase in Chicago history that started in 2017. His contract just might cover the cost of those taxes now that he's moving back to Chicago!

i know you*re joking but i*m just glad to get a cheap player with tremendous upside that genuinely wants to be part of something good here.

galaxytrash said on 6 minutes ago:

i know you*re joking but i*m just glad to get a cheap player with tremendous upside that genuinely wants to be part of something good here.

Yes, I'm joking. But that tax increase is a huge reason I now live in Florida.

• Upvote 1

Welcome home Sharpy. 

I'm hearing he could have gotten a few million more and another year somewhere else but he took the 1 x1 to come back to Chicago. 

A guy who knows the system - wants to be here - is good with the younger kids - can play up and down the line up. Not bad for a million imho. 

• Upvote 1

sharp and jurco on the same wage according to twitter.

i dare you to try and read the above without smiling.  :)

• Upvote 1

ATNBlackhawksFan said on 12 minutes ago:

Welcome home Sharpy. 

I'm hearing he could have gotten a few million more and another year somewhere else but he took the 1 x1 to come back to Chicago. 

A guy who knows the system - wants to be here - is good with the younger kids - can play up and down the line up. Not bad for a million imho. 

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 3 minutes ago:

sharp and jurco on the same wage according to twitter.

i dare you to try and read the above without smiling.  :)

Jurco is going to have to prove himself and his competition just got tougher. With the signing of Sharp and Saad I'm just going to take a gander and say there is no opening on the first line unlike last year where they were trying to duck tape it with farm hands. The 2nd line was the line left alone which I thought was a mistake as it made it too easy for opponents to put their top defensive line on them. Could Sharp claim that spot on the second line? Would he be better with Toews and Panik and put Saad with Kane and AA and have a real threat in front of the net to put in more rebounds? All I feel at this point with Sharp and Saad back is that opponents are going to have to deal with two very solid scoring lines instead of just one.

Creature1958 said on Just now:

Jurco is going to have to prove himself and his competition just got tougher. With the signing of Sharp and Saad I'm just going to take a gander and say there is no opening on the first line unlike last year where they were trying to duck tape it with farm hands. The 2nd line was the line left alone which I thought was a mistake as it made it too easy for opponents to put their top defensive line on them. Could Sharp claim that spot on the second line? Would he be better with Toews and Panik and put Saad with Kane and AA and have a real threat in front of the net to put in more rebounds? All I feel at this point with Sharp and Saad back is that opponents are going to have to deal with two very solid scoring lines instead of just one.

it*s obvious stan is still quite busy *cause he hasn*t rung me yet for advice but we should have it all figured out in a few hours.

can i get back to you?

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 1 minute ago:

it*s obvious stan is still quite busy *cause he hasn*t rung me yet for advice but we should have it all figured out in a few hours.

can i get back to you?

They are cash strapped so they can't afford those overseas calls

• Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on Just now:

They are cash strapped so they can't afford those overseas calls

bloody hell....he*s got my skype number!

aw shoot....here i go again...forgetting last seasons playoffs and getting excited for next year again.  :D

• Upvote 3

galaxytrash said on 11 minutes ago:

Satchel was a great pitcher.  Didn't know he was still alive...

• Upvote 3

that*s the spirit lad!

You spelled Ladd wrong and he signed last year with New Jersey.

Phill9 said on Just now:

I think he did that purposely.

Phill9 said on Just now:

yuk yuk yuk!   :)

yooper will be pissed that you beat him to it.

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 1 minute ago:

american economy picking up. so many comedians at work now.  :)

Just Sharp-ening my skills

• Upvote 1

american economy picking up. so many comedians at work now.  :)

Still waiting for my first check...

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

so you*re happy jack? its hard to tell sometimes.  :)

Sharp will be good enough for this team.  There are many better, younger players than Sharp, but he is all the Hawks can afford.  With his experience; and, I assume, his remaining skills, he is a good pickup for the money.  Hope he works out well.