The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

yooper496 said on 4 minutes ago:

These moves by Bowman make sense and are solid going forward.  That is the key--going forward!  Never fun to say goodbye to a buddy but SAADER IS BACK !!!!!

Think it's time to change those wet jeans yet?  :lol:

Phill9 said on 3 minutes ago:

Thanks Gig.....I don't come on much anymore but this has been a wild ride in a short time.

I went for thinking the rebuild is on when Hammer was traded, to thinking the Hawks may have 2 solid lines again and a chance to bring the cup back to Chicago when they got Saad back. This at least balances the top 2 lines better. I liked Panarin, but loved Saad. He's younger and signed for 4 years at the same annual salary as Panarin who's signed for 2. Bowman did a good job finding the power forward to fill the loss of Hossa. And let's see how Murphy is. Much younger then Hammer and signed for 6 seasons. He's got size that the Hawks needed on the back end.

Yep, nice to hear from,you again, Phill9!  Also, Murph is a righty and should play on his natural side unlike Hjalmarsson.  I firmly believe this to be important element on all three pairings which Chicago can now do.

Really like both of these moves. Saad > Panarin 1000 times!

And it is tough to see Hammer go but as Gig (I think) mentioned, he has shown a little wear & tear. While the trade was Hammer for Murphy, Murphy brings pretty good size, 6'3", 212, is 6 years younger and is a right handed shot...I do believe he could be a long term replacement for Seabs. He was drafted 20th overall & every scouting report I've seen mentions that he has a little edge to his game.

i know Q is a little averse to purely physical dmen but with Samuelson on the staff maybe that changes a little.

• Upvote 2

McMurrayHawkFan said on 3 minutes ago:

Watching Panaran and Kane working on ice magic and Panarin's excitement when scoring, was watching passion about hockey. That synergy and excitement and  chemistry was worth the price to me. Sad to see this magic duo end so soon.

Must have been overwhelming for you the last 2 playoff rounds

• Upvote 3

Creature1958 said on 2 minutes ago:

Think it's time to change those wet jeans yet?  :lol:

Nope, I'm not wearing any...

GigECJ said on 46 minutes ago:

I've been seeing some signs of wear and tear on Hammer lately.

i have been lucky to have been watching the same team pretty closely the last couple of years and i think nik is just fine.

if kane...toews...hoss...seabs...hell..even hartman...schmaltz...hayden go down....everybody is on the edge of their seats....slack jawed as their beer gets warm.

with nik...it doesn*t matter how many bullets he dives in front of... maybe he has some *wear and tear* but the guy has a TON of miles left on him.

• Upvote 4

Creature1958 said on 1 minute ago:

Well then I guess you better get a mop :P

Hi Creatch!

Creature1958 said on 7 minutes ago:

Must have been overwhelming for you the last 2 playoff rounds

And your comment could really apply to everyone on the team for both those series loses since we didn't specifically lose because of Kane and Panarin. Right Creatch?

Granada said on Just now:

Wow, would that be awesome if they took Hoss.

I want Hoss going nowhere. He retires a Blackhawk. No need to help another team with their troubles let them look elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

NextDynasty said on 56 minutes ago:

Hey Mods! Good luck breaking this out into seperate threads! :P

It should've stayed separate.

NextDynasty said on 7 minutes ago:

They just picked up some more salary by trading with the Rangers. picking up $6.5 million salary of Derek Stepan and $1 million salary of Antti Raanta.for Anthony Deangelo and #7 pick.

Edited by Phill9

McMurrayHawkFan said on 2 minutes ago:

And your comment could really apply to everyone on the team for both those series loses since we didn't specifically lose because of Kane and Panarin. Right Creatch?

And I will agree. But stop with the magic act for the regular season if you don't bring up the disappearing act for the playoffs

Creature1958 said on 1 minute ago:

I want Hoss going nowhere. He retires a Blackhawk. No need to help another team with their troubles let them look elsewhere.

But he's done. You may as well "Pronger" him and open up the space this off-season. Not to sound cold-hearted about it, but if you have a taker for that contract, you absolutely move it.

Creature1958 said on Just now:

And I will agree. But stop with the magic act for the regular season if you don't bring up the disappearing act for the playoffs

...and we've come to realize that first round knockouts really render a season non-successful.

• Upvote 1

Phill9 said on 2 minutes ago:

They just picked up some more salary by trading with the Rangers. picking up $6.5 million salary of Derek Stepan and $1 million salary of Antti Raanta.for Anthony Deangelo and $7 pick.

Is this related at all with having a new team located in Vegas?!

OldTimeHawky said on 2 minutes ago:

It should've stayed separate.

I hate clicking out of a current thread, back to the Hawks page, then back on multiple threads, jumping to and fro. It's easier to just have it in one thread, to me anyway.

But he's done. You may as well "Pronger" him and open up the space this off-season. Not to sound cold-hearted about it, but if you have a taker for that contract, you absolutely move it.

Exactly, might as well get his contract off the books now and before he officially retires sign him to a 1day contract so he can retire a Hawk.

• Upvote 2

Creature1958 said on 3 minutes ago:

Fleeting or not is was part of the Hawk experience I enjoyed immensely. Did the team under perform - yes, every non cup year would speak to that. I was expressing an opinion of something I enjoyed about those two players. Nothing more or less. It would appear that only certain opinions matter on these boards.

• Upvote 1

I hate clicking out of a current thread, back to the Hawks page, then back on multiple threads, jumping to and fro. It's easier to just have it in one thread, to me anyway.

Shouldn't matter if it's easier for you, Hjalmarsson and Panarin trades should've been separate. Now it's a mess in this thread. 

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on Just now:

Shouldn't matter if it's easier for you, Hjalmarsson and Panarin trades should've been separate. Now it's a mess in this thread. 

No one's stopping you from replying in those threads. Seems like a minor thing to complain about, really. 

• Upvote 1