The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

^cool, we can leave it at that... as for Zhamnov... talented player just very very lazy... I prefer guys who work their butt off with half the talent than a guy like him. He and Daze were my least favorite Blackhawks during those years

• Like 1

MERPER said on 11 minutes ago:

^cool, we can leave it at that... as for Zhamnov... talented player just very very lazy... I prefer guys who work their butt off with half the talent than a guy like him. He and Daze were my least favorite Blackhawks during those years

Wait, since Stan was a jr coffee runner for the upper brass back then, doesn’t that mean that Zhamnov and Daze were “his guys”? Hahahahaha!!!

• Upvote 1

irmaks said on 3 hours ago:

Exactly, that's what they should do with Seabrook while he had some trading value instead of giving him that contract 

for sure, this would be much better than what we really got but I think it was never an alternative for the Hawks

MERPER said on 2 hours ago:

I was totally in favor of re-signing Seabrook. The length of the deal and a no-movement clause is the problem. Stan gives NMC's out like they are running out of style which greatly limits the roster flexibility.

this is the issue.SBowman did big blow to Hawks chances in the future.It's not like Bickell and his 2 extra million for 2 years, this is MUCH MUCH worse.

Also potential salary cap raise wont fix the disadvantage Hawks have relatively to other teams, bc. all teams will gain same amount of free cap equally, dead cap will still remain dead cap and wasted 6M cap will remain wasted 6M cap  (it's Saad/Panarin tier player in the roster difference) .

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Wait, since Stan was a jr coffee runner for the upper brass back then, doesn’t that mean that Zhamnov and Daze were “his guys”? Hahahahaha!!!

I know you were joking...at least I think you were...but somehow I see this coming back to it actually being SB’s fault😜

Edited by iknowpuck

iknowpuck said on 13 minutes ago:

I know you were joking...at least I think you were...but somehow I see this coming back to it actually being SB’s fault😜

Of course it’s a joke.  Nothing more!!!

Big-T said on 18 hours ago:

Of course it’s a joke.  Nothing more!!!

I know.

I say that SB can claim he has 6 degrees of separation to Hull, Mikita, Savard and Esposito.  They are also "his guys.":lol:

Granada said on 4 minutes ago:

Kero put on waivers.

Paving the way for the return of Hinostroza I guess.

• Like 1

Granada said on 19 minutes ago:

Kero put on waivers.

Might as well.  

Sitting him while watching Hartman play center has been puzzling.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 33 minutes ago:

Might as well.  

Sitting him while watching Hartman play center has been puzzling.

Especially when Kero had 1g-1a in 2gms after being a healthy scratch for a long time, then Q sat him again after those 2gms. Makes no sense, plus in his last 2gms Kero had a couple nice blocks on the PK. 

tincup61 said on 53 minutes ago:

Paving the way for the return of Hinostroza I guess.

We hope.  If Tootoo or Jurco (and to be fair, Jurco hasn't looked bad in Rockford) come back, I'm hoping someone ties Q down and shaves his 'stache.

Do not be surprised if Bowman recalls Tootoo or perhaps Martinsen.   It is quite likely, in fact, given how the Capitals physically overwhelmed the Hawks last night.  

The pattern remains as it has been for years.   The way to beat this team is to physically pound them into submission on the boards and in front of the net. Everyone around the league knows it, especially since Nashville exploited their size advantage last year to send this team home after four games in the playoffs.

Bowman's response has always been to call on talent-free gladiator types to lumber around on the fourth line.

Nothing has changed here.   

The team needs more size and physicality without question.  Adding Tootoo or Martinsen is not the way to do it.   A four minute/game slug will only increase the ice time of the small perimeter forwards who play in the top nine.  

mvr said on 1 minute ago:

Do not be surprised if Bowman recalls Tootoo or perhaps Martinsen.   It is quite likely, in fact, given how the Capitals physically overwhelmed the Hawks last night.  

The pattern remains as it has been for years.   The way to beat this team is to physically pound them into submission on the boards and in front of the net. Everyone around the league knows it, especially since Nashville exploited their size advantage last year to send this team home after four games in the playoffs.

Bowman's response has always been to call on talent-free gladiator types to lumber around on the fourth line.

The team needs more size and physicality without question.  Adding Tootoo or Martinsen is not the way to do it.   A four minute/game slug will only increase the ice time of the small perimeter forwards who play in the top nine.  

You sure that's Stan?  Stan was the one who usually goes for quick "skill" players with zero physicality.  See also:  Runblad.

Q's hallmark is usually overplaying the crash & bangers like Tootoo, Bollig, etc.

Either way I think we could agree that Hino should be the one getting the call up to add some sorely needed O

Quenneville recognizes that physicality matters.    He will use what Bowman provides for him.  

Bowman likes his 5' 9" perimeter forwards.   He can't seem to get enough of them (and will draft and trade for more and more......).   

He trades away the big physical players (Byfuglien, Ladd, Brouwer, Shaw etc) and refuses to spend any money (or use draft picks) to replace any of them with talent.

I do not doubt that the coach wants more size in the lineup.   He will (over) play his gladiator slugs because that is all he has.  

I would not recall Hinostroza.   The team already has Schmaltz, Kane and Debrincat in the top nine.  

To my mind, that's too many of the same type of player already.

mvr said on 15 minutes ago:

How do you know that’s SB’s response and not the core players request...and/or Q’s request?

The reality is we are still getting punished even with the addition of Wingels, Bouma, etc.

This team’s core is the problem. 

iknowpuck said on 3 minutes ago:

How do you know that’s SB’s response and not the core players request...and/or Q’s request?

The reality is we are still getting punished even with the addition of Wingels, Bouma, etc.

This team’s core is the problem. 

The team's core is too small.   Bowman's response is to add more small players, and fill the remainder of the roster with gladiators.  

Of course the small players and the coach want more big players in the lineup.    I believe they (like me) would prefer ones with some talent.

Edited by mvr

mvr said on 1 minute ago:

I would not recall Hinostroza.   The team already has Schmaltz, Kane and Debrincat in the top nine.  

To my mind, that's too many of the same type of player already.

I agree with this.  Time to move a couple of smaller, skilled, players.  We have too many of the same to play all of them.

I don’t know what there is to worry about. 

This team’s race is run....I still have the memories. 

Time to trade my Blackhawks season tickets in for White Sox season tickets 

e

mvr said on 23 minutes ago:

The team's core is too small.   Bowman's response is to add more small players, and fill the remainder of the roster with gladiators.  

Of course the small players and the coach want more big players in the lineup.    I believe they (like I) would prefer ones with some talent.

We seem to be off by a post response.

The core isn’t too small in size by numbers...it’s too small by effectiveness.  That’s a different thread in itself.

The core seems to be expired.

SB did a nice job by adding Wingels and Bouma this off season.  They are doing their job.  The core isn’t.

I’m in agreement that we have too many smaller, skilled, perimeter players.  I would like to believe a package can be put together to get an E-Kane (the opposite of that problem) or someone else more cost controlled that is bigger and better to help build for the future.

Go for it or build?  That answer may be being made in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe it’s already been made and right in front of us.

Edited by iknowpuck

I’m guessing Pokka was called up to add a right sided shot to the group since it is very unbalanced with Rutta and Franson out and Murph on his off side.

I haven’t read that Pokka is in the line-up tonight.  If he is, what does that say for where Kemp really stands with Q (or is it just a balance thing)?  If he is playing tonight, we will really get to see where he stands versus some good NHL talent.

Looking forward to it either way!

Edited by iknowpuck

MJJJJHeard this AM, just now, Hawks and Ottawa may be talking about a trade involving Michal Kempny and a Rockford defenseman for one Ottawa roster player. Not sure how serious, but as we've reported, lots of scouting presence from other teams in Rockford recently.

Personally i do not buy rumors .....However with all the chatter (here we tend to hedge ours bets 
 because we do not want to go deep end but many many do) 
Personally i do not but rumors but the amount of "do something" being mentioned may provoke some sort of move ....

PuckProphet said on 33 minutes ago:

MJJJJHeard this AM, just now, Hawks and Ottawa may be talking about a trade involving Michal Kempny and a Rockford defenseman for one Ottawa roster player. Not sure how serious, but as we've reported, lots of scouting presence from other teams in Rockford recently.

Personally i do not buy rumors .....However with all the chatter (here we tend to hedge ours bets 
Personally i do not but rumors but the amount of "do something" being mentioned may provoke some sort of move ....

There's also a rumor (Ecklund, I know, I know) that the Hawks were looking to bring back Hjalmarsson, but are now looking elsewhere. But anyways, if this rumor is true, could that D-man (to be sent with Kempny) be Pokka (which is why he's in the lineup tonight, before Kempny)? Showcase move?

Puckjim said on On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM:

I don’t know what there is to worry about. 

This team’s race is run....I still have the memories. 

Time to trade my Blackhawks season tickets in for White Sox season tickets 

e

PJ, I would totally agree with this post of yours, especially the season tickets for the White Sox, except for the Pens Back-to-Back with a core just as "old" as the Hawks.  In other words, I'm not totally sold hook, line and sinker that this core is done.  There is still some hope for this observer however steeped in mediocrity this team is currently (somewhat like the Pens had been).

Edited by GigECJ
  • Like 2

PuckProphet said on 3 hours ago:

The return doesn't look to be much, he mentioned Thompson, Dzingel or Dumont. Not much better than we're carrying now.