The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Granada said on 5 minutes ago:

Thought you'd like that. ;) It was me actually.

Ha! Things coming in too fast and furious to separate into different threads!

Granada said on 2 minutes ago:

Are we positive on that? Forsberg has only played like 10 NHL games.

No not positive, but what else can they give???

Granada said on 4 minutes ago:

Are we positive on that? Forsberg has only played like 10 NHL games.

Darling played zero NHL games. Turned out OK :D

• Upvote 2

33 GA in 10 games...uhhhhhhh needs more work. 

I'm blanking on the Goalie depth in Rockford. Is it needed. I'm guessing yes because Glass is the current back up. 

Edited by tylerJ2888
  • Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on 4 minutes ago:

Where the Hell is my bottle of Jack ????? Trading Hammer is bringing back the ghosts of Doug Crossman :(

Creature1958 said on 4 minutes ago:

Where the Hell is my bottle of Jack ????? Trading Hammer is bringing back the ghosts of Doug Crossman :(

Let us hope that Connor Murphy doesn't turn into the next Behn Wilson.  Hopeful~

Edited by GigECJ
  • Upvote 1

On one hand I'm worried because we've lost 3 'core' players, Hossa, Hammer and Panarin and we're still over the cap. But on the other hand I'm thrilled to see that SB has finally understood that we need more physical players to win.

• Upvote 2

Phill9 said on Just now:

Guessing the top 2 lines may be:

Toews/Saad/Panik

Anisimov/Kane/Debrincat

Fixed

• Upvote 2

Very sad about Hammer, thrilled about the return of the Man-Child! Debrincat will fill the shoes of Panarin more than adequately, I believe.

• Upvote 1

tylerJ2888 said on Just now:

33 GA in 10 games...uhhhhhhh needs more work. 

Haha...I think the Hawks will try to pick up a cheap UFA goalie as a backup, but you ask a good question: how else can they open up space? I don't know exactly, but I wasn't expecting Panarin to be traded either, so maybe Bowman has more up his sleeve in that department.

hllywd99 said on 15 minutes ago:

This is a good day! B)

I'm inclined to wait until we see what Stan does on the back end.  Right now they only have 3 legit NHL defensemen on the roster (2, 7 and Murphy) assuming that Oduya and Campbell go elsewhere.  Forsling and Kempny could improve but to me they're still both question marks (as is Rutta). I would love to see Kruger return a solid affordable D man (maybe McNabb?).  Still lots for Stan to accomplish.

Edited by Gumby-1

Phill9 said on 5 minutes ago:

Guessing the top 2 lines may be:

Toews/Saad/Panik

Anisimov/Kane/Hartman

1st of all, it's great to see you Phil!

I think they may put Panik with Kane's line.  

• Upvote 1

I literally just screamed in my office and the guy down the hall came running in and was like what is wrong and I just said - the Chicago Blackhawks are trying to give me a heart attack. 

I can't even say how I feel about any of this right now. lol. 

Man I'll miss the hell out of Hammer though. 

• Upvote 3

Gumby-1 said on 1 minute ago:

I'm inclined to wait until we see what Stan does on the back end.  Right now they only have 3 legit NHL defensemen on the roster (2, 7 and Murphy) assuming that Oduya and Campbell go elsewhere.  Forsling and Kempny could improve but to me they're still both question marks (as is Rutta). I would love to see Kruger return a solid affordable D man (maybe McNabb?).  Still lots for Stan do accomplish.

Yes I understand your concern, however the Breadman was not a clutch playoff performer where Saader is a stud and the Hawks could not afford what Hammer was worth.

More moves to come for sure.

• Upvote 3

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

Thanks Gig.....I don't come on much anymore but this has been a wild ride in a short time.

I went for thinking the rebuild is on when Hammer was traded, to thinking the Hawks may have 2 solid lines again and a chance to bring the cup back to Chicago when they got Saad back. This at least balances the top 2 lines better. I liked Panarin, but loved Saad. He's younger and signed for 4 years at the same annual salary as Panarin who's signed for 2. Bowman did a good job finding the power forward to fill the loss of Hossa. And let's see how Murphy is. Much younger then Hammer and signed for 6 seasons. He's got size that the Hawks needed on the back end.

GigECJ said on 5 minutes ago:

Let us hope that Connor Murphy doesn't turn into the next Behn Wilson.  Hopeful~

When they traded Crossman it hit me hard because I use to drink with him and a few other players in the early 80's. We were in the same age category and they were kind of shocked being able to meet someone who recognized them and knew hockey. I could show them places to go in the city and suburbs and away from the older players on the team with wives and families. There was no following of players back then and no internet or twitter. Just a bunch of kids mostly from Canada in a new town wanting to go out and have some fun.

These moves by Bowman make sense and are solid going forward.  That is the key--going forward!  Never fun to say goodbye to a buddy but SAADER IS BACK !!!!!

• Upvote 1

hllywd99 said on 5 minutes ago:

Yes I understand your concern, however the Breadman was not a clutch playoff performer where Saader is a stud and the Hawks could not afford what Hammer was worth.

More moves to come for sure.

Yes, I feel like at least one more big move will come. Crow? AA?

And I'm certain Krugs is gone (at least, I hope).

• Upvote 1

GigECJ said on 10 minutes ago:

My feeling as well. Would give us size and physicality on both lines.

Watching Panaran and Kane working on ice magic and Panarin's excitement when scoring, was watching passion about hockey. That synergy and excitement and  chemistry was worth the price to me. Sad to see this magic duo end so soon.

• Upvote 4

Gumby-1 said on 10 minutes ago:

I'm inclined to wait until we see what Stan does on the back end.  Right now they only have 3 legit NHL defensemen on the roster (2, 7 and Murphy) assuming that Oduya and Campbell go elsewhere.  Forsling and Kempny could improve but to me they're still both question marks (as is Rutta). I would love to see Kruger return a solid affordable D man (maybe McNabb?).  Still lots for Stan to accomplish.

I believes he is going to open some eyes this year. Getting to know this system is hard on all D-men and I'm guessing that is why Q likes his aging veterans who have been there done that.