The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Granada posted it in the Hammer traded thread and I hope it's true. He's younger, bigger, and won two cups with the Hawks. 

NextDynasty said on 1 minute ago:

Hey Mods! Good luck breaking this out into seperate threads! :P

Good point.  The title might need to change as the best way to fix it.

• Upvote 1

Granada said on 3 minutes ago:

Yes, I absolutely love it.

Maybe next time Panarin will try as hard in the playoffs as he did to gain his bonuses (sorry, had to be said).

Granada, he soured on me big time after his playoff performance.  Even prior to that, he played better when the "money" was on the line.  It's not the kind of player I need on my team.

• Upvote 1

Barring any further BIG moves, what are the top two lines as this stands?

There's no question that Tazer and Saad will rejoin.

• Upvote 2

It's official! I've started drinking early this morning! Combination of crying in my beer and raising a toast to Stan going off the rails!

Edited by NextDynasty
  • Upvote 3

I've gone from kind of expecting a possible Wild Card or even just missing the playoffs type season to hopeful once again.

• Upvote 2

I like Panarin but this will give us some of that physicality that we need. I had been thinking we should trade Panarin for Evander Kane but this is even better.

• Upvote 2

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

Granada, he soured on me big time after his playoff performance.  Even prior to that, he played better when the "money" was on the line.  It's not the kind of player I need on my team.

Agreed Gig. I was never high on re-signing him, due to his inflexibility in the lineup. I always thought it was a bad move to re-sign him before this off-season; now, maybe this was the plan all along.

It sucks big time seeing Hammer traded but the Hawks needed to eventually get younger. Connor is 6yrs younger, a smooth skater and the guy is 6'4" 212lbs. Plus the Lauphin is a 6'2" center who put up good numbers in the CHL and he's only 22.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1

I was watching the NHL network a few minutes ago and they reported that coach Q had left the coaches meetings in a cab.  Not sure if there's anything to it but with all that is going on today, who knows?

Granada said on 5 minutes ago:

Yes, I absolutely love it.

Maybe next time Panarin will try as hard in the playoffs as he did to gain his bonuses (sorry, had to be said).

I've said in the Panarin thread that I think getting rid of Panarin would be a terrible idea. However, with this deal I'm more accepting of it because Saad has had proven success in the playoffs but I think we should've received more for Panarin IMO. It should be clear that this deal was done because of the Hossa situation not because Panarin was not working out. 

• Upvote 1

I do want to reiterate that this is a bittersweet pill a lot of us fans are swallowing.  We're not happy that Hammer and Hoss are gone.  There is some grieving going on here.

P.S. not grieving that "The BREADman" is gone.

tylerJ2888 said on Just now:

I've said in the Panarin thread that I think getting rid of Panarin would be a terrible idea. However, with this deal I'm more accepting of it because Saad has had proven success in the playoffs but I think we should've received more for Panarin IMO. It should be clear that this deal was done because of the Hossa situation not because Panarin was not working out. 

Eh, I don't agree. It was pretty much a player for player swap, in that the prospects and picks all but even out. Saad has Cup experience and is a playoff performer to boot. If anything, I'd say Columbus deserved more.

To me, Panarin was completely inflexible in the lineup and did absolutely nothing the past 2 playoffs. I won't miss him, in all honesty (unless Saad sucks this year or something, which is highly doubtful).

• Upvote 1

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

I do want to reiterate that this is a bittersweet pill a lot of us fans are swallowing.  We're not happy that Hammer and Hoss are gone.  There is some grieving going on here.

P.S. not grieving that "The BREADman" is gone.

agreed, but im on the fence with bread, loved his O, but he has been a no show in the playoffs..

but yes, Saadfather was a beast in the playoffs!

love that he is back..

1Shot1Goal said on Just now:

Hawks get sadd , Anton forsberg, and 5th round pick for panarin,Tyler motter and 6th round pick

Excellent work renaming the thread, btw!

Saad is Hossas clone so he's much welcomed back. 

I don't know anything about Forsberg but he's a 24yr old Swedish goalie, sucks seeing Motte go but Hawks need a goalie.

• Upvote 1

Excellent work renaming the thread, btw!

Thought you'd like that. ;) It was me actually.

Edited by Granada
  • Upvote 2

Welp. looks like the Hawks find their back-up for Crawford with Forsberg. I was completely blown away by the Saad and Panarin deal that I didn't even pay attention to Motte and Forsberg. 

Edited by tylerJ2888

tylerJ2888 said on Just now:

Welp. looks like the Hawks find their back-up for Crawford with Forsberg. 

Are we positive on that? Forsberg has only played like 10 NHL games.